Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Is it ok to put vaseline on your anus?
PLEASE take this seriously because im really embarrassed about it but my anus has been in pain since last thursday and i dont know what caused it. or what to do about it. last wednesday or so i ...

Does anybody actually like getting up on cold mornings?
or am i alone in HATING it
especially if hubby is snoring...getting up feels like being stabbed all over my body with millions of cold steel pins.....does this happen to anyone ...

A stupid question about sleep...?
So this is a childish question, but it's something I've always wondered about.

Say you were to lie down comfortable, close your eyes, and relax/meditate for eight hours... but ...

How much sleep do you get a night?

Which is the worst day to have a eye appointment Monday, Tue, Wed, Thursday or Friday?

I have swimmers ear, what is the best remedy to cure it?

Is getting intimate better??????
with lights on or off?????...

How do you get rid of hicups?
i have had them all day and its driving me mad HELP....

How can I recover from the huge disappointment from the Australians being knocked out of the World Cup?
I feel lethargic and really down because they shouldn't have lost the game. I am still also angry at the ref's decision....

Why do doctors never give a straight answer to a simple yes or no Question?
I have been in Hospital with High Blood Pressure and a very High and fast heart Rate. They said it was my Asthma that was causing the above to be so high.
I asked them if it was my heart that ...

Your supposed to drink so many gallons of water a day, but.......?
If i have a pint it makes me go the toilet roughly about twice, so if i have more Im runnin the bog all the time and it wakes me in the middle of the night........yet im always dehydrated, how do i ...

I'm 12 years old & having a Blood Test. Will the Needle sting ? Plz help me?
Mum is taking me to the nurse for a Blood Test.

I'm scared & don't want to go. Will the needle sting me ?

Are the nurses nice? Will she mind if i'm scared &...

How come when i smoked weed i had a panic attack?
this was a while ago, a couple years ago, and i never did it again cause i felt like i was dyeing....

What would cause head aches every day and what cuuld i do about them HELP!!!!!!!!!!?

Whats Wrong With Me....?
I dont feel hungry, Sleepy, ...
even if i feel hungry and take d food i dont eat more then 2 spoons,
and when i feel to sleep and goto bed i just dont get d sleep i just keep turning d ...

Cigarette tax?
anyone else think this whole thing with raising the cigarette tax is stupid? yeah, sure, they do it to "discourage" people from smoking or "encourage" smokers to quit, but wouldn&#...

Help my baby son?
My baby son is 6 months old. Yet my partner really wants to give him Cadburys chocolate buttons, against my wishes may i add.
Now i am disgusted by this, and feel that he doesn't need to ...

It's too hot, what can I do to keep cool?
I've got the windows open but there's no breeze.
Additional Details
I don't have an air conditioner....

I'm always tired and am constantly thirsty?
I'm not sure what these symptoms mean but I'm 17 (nearly 18) years old and over the last couple of weeks I'm always feeling tired (even if I sleep for 10+ hours). I always feel thirsty ...

I'm new to this category. Where are the toilets please?

star
How long are you supposed to fast before having blood work?

Annah P
I have my blood work done ALL the time (every 3 months) and I never fast at all. I don't think it makes that much difference, at least not for me.

Clueless
Rating
24 hours
otherwise you will throw up after the blood work

Christina K
Rating
just a few hours

LG
If it is fasting blood work then you are not suppose to eat anything after midnight.

nyninchdick
As long as your doctor tells you to. Some blood work doesn't require fasting, some requires 12 hours or more. It depends what the tests are for.

bookcrosser_raerae78
Usually the doctor says no food after midnight, sometimes a little earlier

firefighter3208
Rating
most of the time it's 8 hours. It depends on your DR. and what they are looking for! If it's Blood sugar 12 hours is best!

Adriane
Depend on the type of bloodwork.

Tsunami
Rating
6 to 8 hours.

Antonia
Rating
from the night before, dont eat breakfast

ginger lily
At least 8 hours. I try to have blood tests done first thing in the morning, around 8am - then I don't eat anything after 7pm the previous night. That way I know I am ok. I've just had a blood test done.

John Reid
Rating
At least eight hours.

Virtue
If you mean eat then I it's eight hours, that's why people generatlly do it in the morning, but with water, it's okay to drink whenever. Best of restults on your bloodtest!!!!

warriorbabe
Rating
It should tell you on your test lab slip. Usually it,s nothing to eat or drink after midnight.

sarah
Rating
Whatever kind of tests you're required to receive, should be indicated on the form with the kind of tests you're getting done. You should have been informed of this from your doctors office. Fasting varies depending on the kind of tests you need to get done.

§♫♪‹(•¿•)›☼»-(¯`v´¯)-»\\
depends on the test. I had to fast from midnight the other day, but I wasn't having blood work, but a scope.
My blood work two weeks before were for genetic reasons so I didn't have to fast.

zebra
Rating
at least 6 hours

hbuckmeister
HUH? Your leaving out alot of details. If your asking what the period of time is that you cannot eat or drink before a medical needed test, follow the directions given by your physician.

addberry66
Rating
12 hours is premium

boo
Rating
normally dont have anything to eat the night before or that day but check with a doctor

Meher Baba

pepper
at least 12 hrs usually

RetroGirl
i had to fast for 12 hours

Big Kahuna
Depending on what it's for generally about 8 -12 hours is the preferred time. I hope the doctor tells you everything is fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy