Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Are any of you blood donors?
what are your reasons for being one, or not. I'm thinking about becoming one....

How to get rid of bad hangover?
If you didn't sleep the whole night doing a project because of poor time management. How do you get rid of the hangover? I took a shower and drank water, it's not helping....

How can i stop my kids getting cough and colds so much?

A question for smokers.?
Does it not bother you that you are increasing the chances of getting Lung cancer by smoking?...

Does anyone know what death feels like?
Just wondering....

My daughter has really bad acne and has tried lots of OTC creams and ointments.what else can she do?

HELP! Ime 13 and i have to have a operation soon, ime really scared should i be scared?
i get really nervous... this is ma first operation i ever had and ime nervous and scared

can u try to calm me down? is there anythink to worry about? ime having my appendix taken out....

Why are asian people not very friendly?
I love chinese food but almost every chinese food restaurant I visit, asian people serve me and they don't even look at me or greet me when I'm in their restaurants. I am a good tipper....

I quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey 3 years ago why can't other smokers do it?
I just can't believe that people are so weak that they let a cigarette rule their life.; I smoked for 18 years and just quit and it was over.
Additional Details
Compassion????
L...

Who pays for the NHS?

Additional Details
I need some reference though. I checked with the HM Revenue & Custom website which adminstrate National Insurance, but it doesnt say the NIC covers NHS, instead ...

Stopped smoking 4 months ago still getting cravings is this normal?

What is the best way to get rid of writers block?

Whats a good stress reliever?

I tried ecstasy last week and . . .?
I tried it last week and I had a hang-over the for next 3 days. I felt horrible. It was like I was floating. But I felt too good, like I'm in heaven. I wanted to dance and to listen to music ...

I drink 3 cups of coffee a day. Is this bad?

When your laying in bed what do you do to fall asleep?

What is in the dark?

If you drink too much water, is it possible to drown or kill yourself, or is this an urban myth??

How did you quit smoking?
I'm interested in hearing the different ways to quit smoking. I could buy a new car, or have a better house with extra income not being spent on cigarettes. Not to mention the health benefits. ...

What are some instant stress relievers?
What are the best ways to kill stress and anxiety?...

Vertigo Pulse
How do you get rid of somebodies ear ache using a paper rolled like a cone and lighting it on fire?

·._.·SnotFace·._.·
By causing the pain somewhere else

Rena
Rating
That is an old wive's remedy...its more dangerous than anything. Try an over the counter pain reliever for the pain, but check with the pharmacist to make sure you can take it if you have underlying health conditions or on meds.

angel to get
Rating
I have actually done this many times to remove wax, but I am not sure if it will take an earache away. Good Luck

Miss Brooke
Rating
Oh No! Don't do that, it scares me! Go to a drugstore tomorrow morning or tonight if it's severe and buy a earwax cleaning kit. It's sold OTC. An earache is so painful, I know. I hope they feel better. You can safely take up to 800mg of Ibruprofen to hold over till you get that kit. Good luck to you.

smd945
I've seen these used you buy them from health or natural food stores they're specially prepared to the best of my knowledge to burn and now burn you the smoke brings the ear wax up the canal and into the funnel. I wouldn't recommended trying to use a home made one.

bob t
Rating
sounds like it will work just fine

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rating
they forget about the ear, they are more concerned with the 3rd degree burn's on the side of their head

shorty
you dont i dont think your ear ache will go away by lighting a fire close to your ear

X
You don't use paper rolled like a cone and light it on fire. That'd just burn down the paper and probably your hands. You're probably thinking of early candles, which are cone shaped candles that are said to help with ear problems.

michael_lovin
Rating
Ha ha ha ha Someone has been watching old reruns of the I LOVE LUCY SHOW.

Keyser Söze
Rating
Sounds wacky to me. It's called candling, I think. I'd suggest going to an ear surgeon before trying it out.

Tia
It really doesn't work!! If you light the cone without putting it in your ear, it looks just the same!! Try a earwax removal kit which is much more effective!

thehuntress
Do you plan on getting rid of the ear as well or the whole person altogether?
The flame will take out the ear. For the whole person you may need a bomb or a cannon ball. Hope this helps, please let us know how it went.

okayokayokay
ear coning I seen them in Whole food stores it's suppose to losen wax build up in ears

http://www.coningcompany.com/faq.html

Pure Star
Candling should only be done by a professional trained to do it. At the base of the ear their is a "soup" of bacteria if the technique is not done correctly and the bacteria is disturbed massive infection follows. What you describe above is not candling it is burning someone.

© 2007. Sammy Z.
this is an earwax removal technique. an excessive collection of earwax can cause an earache. i've never used this, so beyond recognizing what you've described, i can't really tell you much about it.

wikipedia calls this technique "ear candling." read the link for a description.

Mama Mia
Rating
Very Very Carefully, Or else the whole ear will go up in flames!

Ganesa
Rating
ear candling is fine. I've done it a bunch of times. Get a set that has instructions with it, and maybe ask someone working in the store for advice on if they are the right thing for what you have. they are usually used for getting the wax out, but they are used to treat ear aches and infections as well. if you don't feel comfortable doing it at home, you might be able to find an alternative heath practitioner in your area who does it.

deve
Rating
you dont
use a cone shaped toiletpaper and sweet oil that should do the trick ok

warm it first but dont over do it just stick the bottle in some hot water out of the tap

jrmy
ive used big tubes oatmeal boxes with a light pushed throughtthe other end and turn it on the heat keeps the wax from building up i sleept that way once burnd my ear maybe one but my earache i went to the emercgincy room as a kid
that was probrolbly the only time i did that we did eat oatmeal it is a thick cardboard canister use 60 or 40 wattts try to make it so it doesnt light the quaker tube onm fire try didderent wattges Becarefull

ds
Rating
The smoke is said to go in the ear and since it is warm will soothe the ear ache

gfry
Ear cones, (or ear candles). They work well, but you gotta know how to use them properly!

brand_new_monkey
You need to be trained to do that, I think. I wouldn't want someone to just do that to me without going thru training.

anoldmick
Rating
You don't. Candling is the term for this pluperfect example of nonsense. It simply does not provide any benefit whatsoever.

flirts_a_lot93
Rating
its easy cut a hole in a paper plate put the cone in it and then into the ear light it u might have to light it a few times and let the ashes fall on the plate until u get down how ever far u want i guess u know

jannie
the candles do not work for removing wax
you probably have an ear infection which causes the earache
you need antibiotics

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, September 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy