Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

How many hours of sleep do you need?

My lower back is really painful when standing if sitting to long any advice? paracetemol doesnt help and im br

I'm sick. Any quick cold cure ????
I work 60 hours a week and go to school in the evening/night, so I'm extremely stressed and short on time for everything. I'm starting to get sick (already have sore throat) and I can'...

When I eat my food seems to get lodged before it reaches my stomach.. What is going on with this?

My throat hurts?
Hey, about 3 weeks ago i started getting a really bad cough with lots of flem. It stopped about a week ago but now my inner ear and right at the back of my throat towards my left ear hurt. Its to ...

Are u afraid to go to sleep and never wake up again after a heart attack??
many young people<between 18 to 30> died with no alarm with no illness it was a heart attack do u afraid to die with a heart attack..do u afraid to go to sleep and never wake up ...

Waking up?
I wake up at 6:30 so I can go out beforeothers are up(I love the morning air and the peace^^') but I can't get myself out of bed and I go to bed a 8-9 at night. Any suggestions on how to ...

My boyfriend has an ugly habit of popping his neck daily and constantly. How bad is this?
Please help me out and tell him how awful it can be....

Any good tips on getting rid of a nasty cold as quick as possible?

How can I break the spiritual bonds that were passed on to me from my ancestors?

Help,I have constipation...?
I have already eaten papayas,bananas,yogurts.I drank more than 8 glasses of water.I am passing out alot of stomach gas.I cannot seem to go to toilet still.I know I don't have Irritatible Bowel S...

At what point does blood presure become a concern?
what would be the count considered high. I am told that it is normal at 120/80. I am having readings of 152/107...

Pains in Hand?
I get a pain in my left hand from time to time, like its being crushed , not on my thumb but equaly across my fingers from top Knuckle to tips of fingers. I did have chronic tennis elbow last month, ...

When microwave begins sparkling in the edges and has burning smell, how dangerous is to health?
my microwave have begun to sparkle on the edges and emits a burning smell. is this dangerous to our health?...

What are the odds against living to be at least 116?

Additional Details
years old?...

How much should I tell the doctor?
I am 21 years old, a dancer in professional training and reasonably healthy looking, but I seem to be having some problems lately. I've been prescribed birth control by a HORRIBLE gynecologist ...

I havent used the restroom in days and my stomach feels pressure?

Can decongestant (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, often branded Sudafed) interfere with sleep?
I often get sinus congestion, and find these tablets very helpful. One pharmacist told me to avoid them in the evening, as they can interfere with sleep. I've never heard this anywhere else, and ...

Any useful tips to rid of insomnia?

Do not insert into ear canal?
If you're not supposed to insert cotton buds (Q-tips) into your ear canal, then how are you supposed to clean in there?...

annie
Catheter leg bags?
i currently fix my leg bag in place with elasticated straps but am finding that these rub the back of my knee i have tryed the sock type holders but these slide down the leg any ideas

amibothered111
Rating
buy a bike

mini the prophet of fubar
Rating
try suspenders on the sock bag and/or putting some material between the elastic and your skin

NewMummy
put it a bit further up ur thigh and empty it regularly so it doesnt get heavy and slip down to the back of your knees

georgia
well, after a while the back of your knee area will get used to it, sort of toughened to it if you know what i mean
they also make straps that are more like cloth-covered with velcro, those might help
good luck!

tildypops
I am a carer of the elderly. If the straps that come with your catheter bags are no good or chaf , then try what I do with one of my chaps, (he used to get quite sore) & use medical tape. This keeps the tube & bag in a static position. You should be able to get it on presciption (if in the UK) and explain what you need it for. Best of luck sunshine

Bob The Builder
Nice question.

amber_xx66
Rating
Hello I'm catheterized and these are the only two options that i no about,maybe the ones you have are just too big,as i wear the sock ones and they are fine,ask your nurse when you see her or give her a phone,hope this has helped

shariwharton
Rating
maybe the straps are too thin and tight. u can customise it yourself - get some thicker elastic and put velcroe on the edges...you wil lfind the thicker the elastic the easier it will be on your knee.

this must be very frustrating for u - good luck and please try what i said.. what about also putting some cotton wool or even better, some bandage folded behind the knee between the elastic.

really hope it works.

MANDY S
use a cream on the back of ur knee u will soon get used off the straps

Maggie
Rating
Have you tried fixing it onto the other leg ,some of the time ,or fixing one of the straps over your sock holder ,the only other thing I can think of is a small piece of sheepskin cut and line the strap with it or lint bound round the strap ,hope this helps as you have enough to put up with ,without more hassle,

saorsie
np idea

taketwo
ask your carers

Icarus
Rating
not really my area of expertise but i'm guessing if you had a belt that you could hang them from that would keep the height and the elastic things you already use would keep them to the leg (if i've understood you)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy