Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

On my nails there are white spots and lines?

How many hours do you work?
Do you feel you have the right work,rest and play balance?...

Do you get sad this time of year...?
...or even S.A.D.(Seasonal Affective Disorder);due to the lack of sunlight/short days?...

When you go to the doctor can you refuse to be weighed?

What is a good way to break the habit of biting my nails?
I always bite my nails but i really want to stop but i just can't....

Driving test nerves? any tips?
hi i am due to take test this week and im getting nervous already.

any tips? cant have bananas as alergic to them so any tips would be great help!!!...

Is it best to take a bath at night or in the morning?
My dad and I were having arguments about this one.
I say night so you're fresh and have a better sleep and so all your day's germs and bacteria and other ickies will be washed out. <...

I want 2 quit smoking?
i want 2 quit smoking but cant find the best way 2 do it as i tried those patches and they gave me a funny taste in my mouth that i didnt like so took it off now i dont know what else 2 use

I get these chest pains that are really painful but docs can't find anything wrong.?
When I go to the emergency room they take all these tests and cant find anything....

Why is it that when you yawn everybody around you yawns?

I really hate .,.,.,.,.,.,?
.,.,.,., being so tired after only 3 hours sleep and & when I look in the mirror there is no sleep in my eyes to wipe out. It makes me feel more tired. I will go to the men's toilet and ...

I intend to become a non smoker tomorrow (friday)?
at the end of thursday I will have a little ceromony to dispose of lighters ashtrays any left over ciggs
gosh It may or maynot be hard thing for me to do I have planned this for over a month ...

Who should get help from the NHS?
Should the NHS be off limits to foreigners? A private company would be bankrupt in days if it was to conduct itself the way the NHS does! When people from the UK go abroad they have to take out ...

Why is it that younger adults will not listen to the voice of experience from their parents?
By general I mean everyday thoughts, personal thoughts and ways of life....

Which of the five senses do you think you could do without most easily?

What time do you finish work today?

What is the longest time anyone has stayed awake, without any medical intervention?

Is it true that after you get a nose job, your voice changes?

Close to black colored stool???
I had a stool that was normal sized and shaped, normal consistency, but it was very dark, like close to black, but still very dark brown. Is there anything wrong or is it just something I ate ...

Can eating to many tomatoes give you a bad stomach and bad wind?

edgar s
Can red velvet cake make your stool blood red?
just freaking out a little i had red stool
this morning, i did eat red velvet cake last night though.
anyone know if this happens? the person who also ate cake with me did not have the same problem.
just wanted to ask before i started to really freak out

Babygirl
Rating
yes, it happen to me do not worry its nothing serious

NurseBoomBoom
yes it can and if dont have anymore red stools i wouldnt be concerned but if you are just ask your primary care doc if you can have stool checked for blood

J F
Yes
and do not worry. blood in your stool would be black. it looks like coffee grounds. Once there is enough to turn it red you are bleeding bad enough that you will feel the effects.

mike oxbig
The only thing I know of that does that is grapes, and the colour is green.
Trust me, that's not normal!
It depends how much red it was, was it painfull?
Could just be like me and have developed Hemorrhoids. YAY!
If not, it could be VERY serious.

Not Allie
Rating
Food coloring can change the color of your stool, yes. Blood is black if you have internal bleeding, which would indicate a serious problem (unless you've had Pepto Bismol lately, which can also cause black stools). If your stool is still red tomorrow, you should see a doctor.

free2b
Yes. There's a HUGE amount of red food coloring used in this cake and it will cause your stool to be red if you ate a lot of it. Don't freak, you're fine.

dale
sometimes roids are on the inside a few inches,eat more vegies and go to emergency room just in case it's more serious,i had the same problem with a bottle of wine,it was gushing everywhere,i thought my main artery was in my but,turned out to be a roid on the inside though and it's still growing,gosh durn i think if it gets any bigger at my next pizza and video night it might eat San Francisco :)

Angie S
Since the red velevt cake requires red food coloring maybe so I would wait until next BM before going nuts,if you feel bad or just wanna be sure see doctor.

justacutebamachick02
ABSOLUTELY...it happened to me..don't freak out

Tygon
Yes. The dye doesn't digest... it just comes out.

tpippi
Rating
Its the large amounts of dye that was used to make the cake, so dont worry

i made my sister a red velvet cake for her birthday and used large amounts of Black food coloring in the frosting it and it made her stool black. its funny lol

bobobrown
Rating
Man, how much food coloring did yu put in that cake?????dont fart!!they will think yu been shot!!!

ssgbeth
Rating
Yes, as stated earlier, blood would be black. Blood also has a definite odor to it. It would smell like iron. Sounds gross to be smelling it, but you would definitely smell it if it had blood in it. Had the same problem with beets not too long ago!

Craig and Ana
Yes it can -red dye #2 is still red coming out the other end. If you continue to have red stools though it can be a sign of lower Gastrointestinal bleeding.Black stools can be a sign of upper GI bleeding ( gastric ulcer)

stormwarnfm
haha...I'm not laughing at you...but I remember having this same thing happen to me!

The person who ate with you probably just had more in their system to digest (hadn't had a bowel movement as quick as you had, maybe).

It's the dye in the cake that turned your stool red.

It's the same reason that milk can turn it green and oreo cookies can turn it black. It's just the way it breaks down after consumed.

Nothing to worry about.

Connors mommy!
Rating
It could have been just the cake. It has food coloring in it. Depending on how much. If you get bad stomach cramps or anything call the Dr ASAP! Good Luck

kevin r
Yes. Blood is Black after it has passed through the digestive tract if it is not floating in the water it is most likely fine

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy