Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

How to quit smoking???
im not achain smoker!!!...

Do u ever get annoying muscle twitches?
arghhhh my muscle at the bottom of my thigh close to my knee, keeps twitching like crazy has been doing this for ages! what makes it happen? feels like something is moving in my knee, and u can see ...

Techniques to QUIT SMOKING?
What are some helpful tips on how to quit smoking besides the patch, gum, blah..?...

Help please (10 points best answer) it has been 5 days since i smoked?
it has been 5 days since i somked and i just found a great job but at the last minute they told me i had to take a drug urine test are there any hoem remedies i can use to clean my urine just for ...

How can improve my eyesight, because I do not want to wear glasses or lances. But my eyesight is too weak.Help
I am a student at BHU, my eyesight is too weak, but I am not wearing any glasses or lences. I get headache also when I attend long classes or spending time with computer. I want to regain my ...

So i am 14 and smoke is that so bad?

I get to have 4 wisdome teeth pulled out in about 2 weeks...?
When getting wisdom teeth pulled out is it better to go completely under or just the regular gas stuff? I think im gonna have to have 2 cut out and the other 2 pulled out. What do u think is the best ...

Does locking your knees while standing cause fainting spells?

What is the meaning of abstinance?

Why do nurses think their patients need to be in bed at night?
Im a student nurse recently I came across a man who wanted to sleep in a chair. this was a big issue as it was night time he had to say in bed why?...

Is there any way of getting rid of a cold more quickly?
I've got a bad cold with shivers and a sore throat and achiness, and as I'm a temp I dont get paid unless I'm at work, plus I have got plans this weekend that I dont want to cancel - ...

I dont know why I bite my nails, but I do. I want to stop please please help me!?
I dont know what to do anymore. I alwyas bite my nails, and I dont know why. Its like second nature to me, please if anyone knows how to end this, please help. I am not under alot of stress, and I...

How can I help my 9 1/2 year old daughter gain weight?
My daughter has a high metabolism. She's about 4 ft 1 and 56 pounds. Everything else is fine with her health. I was wondering what I should to to help her gain weight in a healthy way? I don'...

This is a serious question?
i drink nothing but water all day evreyday - trying loose weight...anyways; before my urine was always clear but lately it has been getting darker and darker yellow...is something wrong? i have no ...

I keep finding itchy bite on my foot when I wake up in the morning.?
It swells up to pea size and it's very itchy, but I only get it sometimes. Can it be flea? I don't think it's flea, because then it would come out in a rash. What could it be?...

Is it safe to smoke one cigarette a day?

Headaches every day for the last 4 months?
What are the best tablets to take? Have been taking 8/500mg Co-Codamol but they just don't work. I end up having to just go to sleep when I get them because it's torture staying awake with ...

How can I get to sleep at night?
I often have trouble sleeping at night because I tend to start worrying or thinking about bad things, my mind races and I find it hard to focus on anything that might relax me, instead anxieties and ...

I quit smoking April 19 and my brain feels like marbles. I have no short term memory or concentration anymore
is this from quitting smoking? Does it go away? I smoked for 27 years.
Additional Details
I quit smoking cigarettes!!!!!!!...

I need sleep?
Got lot on my mind and feel I don't ever get restful and refreshing sleep. What can I do?...

2plus3
Can doctors tell from a blood test if you smoke? and if so how?

Additional Details
no its not me its just that my cousin smokes cigarettes and we had a row about this because she was told that a blood test alone can not tell if you smoked but i thought they can esp if they take your gases. Just to settle an argument!!!!

anjbingo
Rating
who cares?

Saved
Rating
It also causes you blood to be thicker than normal.

SusanS, Incognito
Blood gasses can point strongly toward smoking. A blood count can indicate a heavy smoker because their hemoglobins tend to be elevated.

Carley
Rating
YES! Some microbiology docs CAN tell... A friend/professor at our college can actually tell if you can or not... He is also a Nutritionist too

My husband went on a Biology trip with him, and everyone who smoked *( my husband doesn't)* but everyone who does had a weird "bacteria" thing in their blood, and he was able to tell by that certain "bacteria"...

Jutty C
Smoking effects the O2 levels in your blood! so yes they can tell.

sandy
no, a general blood test can not tell if you smoke.

Unless they speifically test for nicoteine but no-one does that test apart from health insurance people.

Genie♥Angel
Rating
ABSOLUTELY. We found out when we went for life insurance. My husband was a real smoker and I asked the agent "well, how would they know" and he told me because they take blood tests to find out a lot of medical information, smoking being one of them. OK, so we had to say he was a smoker....

Then it came to me, I told him, well, I consider myself a non-smoker because I smoke 2 cigarettes a day and sometimes not at all, there's no way it could be in my blood. He said, OK, I'll put down non-smoker and lay off a bit.

Well I stopped altogether for a month and they took the blood and it came back as a smoker. I couldn't believe it! I said, explain I only have 2 a day, if at all. He said if you smoke 1 cigarette a month you are considered a smoker.

So I didn't smoke for the next 3 months and got retested and they said it is still showing up as a smoker. (Smoker rates are twice as high for life and medical insurance).

So I stopped for 6 months, and finally, it came back as non-smoker..

so even if you only smoke 2 cigarettes a day and quit for 3 months it will still show up in your blood!

newfangled_04
Rating
yes...they can detect nicotine from cigarettes in blood (and urine too)

churchls0904
Rating
They can by seeing the toxins in your blood like nicotine, etc..

William G
Rating
Gloomyguy is right, never lie to your doctor. Besides, if you do smoke they will probably smell it off you and would not need to do a blood, or any other, test.

Trollhair
Rating
All the chemicals and nicotine in your body. Plus they can smell it on you. ugh

Gloomyguy
Rating
Never lie to your doctor.

Talk To The Hand
I think they can if they specifically look for it. When they test blood they have to go looking for things - it doesn't just appear.

But if you're a smoker and don't want anyone to know - you're doctor can't tell anyone anyway.

Duda ..
Sure .. they have a technique to measure the amount of nicotine that's running in the blood.

Stop smoking for 4 days and drink a lot of water you should be fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, July 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy