Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

How to wash yourself in a shower?
I was in the shower, and i was wondering, what is the best way to wash yourself? should you wash your hair first, then work your way down? also should you use your hand or a flannel? because when i ...

Is this a case in which I should sue?
TRUE STORY!!!
I told my landlord 2months ago that I had constant water in my cabinets under the kitchen sink. I said that it was the water from washing the dishes,etc. going through thesmall ...

How do you get rid of a bad taste in you mouth?
its ...

I feel dizzy a lot. What should I do?
Every morning when I get up I feel really dizzy and when I get out of bed and start to walk it feels like I am going to fall over. I didnt fall yet but I am scared that I will get so dizzy at one ...

Does quitting smoking affect your memory?
My brother is usually pretty good about remembering stuff. Two weeks ago we had a birthday party for him and my son. My brother forgot to get my son a present. Then my brother was going to bring my ...

I've had a nauseated stomach all day, how do i make it stop?

Is drinking hot water good for you?

How can I quit smoking?
I have tried patches but my hands get bored, I tried going cold turkey but find it stressful, have tried self help books and cant afford hypnotherapy! Where can I get an incentive from?! please dont ...

What causes hiccups?

Its 2am now and I do not get sleep. What to do?
Its 2am now in India and I do not get sleep. What to do?...

If eating fruit skin is good for you in the fight against cancer, why dont we eat orange skins?

What's the longest you've gone without showering?

Why do so few people give blood?
I'm off to the blood donor centre tomorrow to give a pint of my finest. You get to lie down for half an hour in the middle of the day, plus you get free tea and biscuits. So why is it that only ...

I cant fall asleep at all?
every night i go to bed at 12:00 am but i don't fall asleep until about 6 in the morning and even if i do fall asleep early i wake up in like a hour and then i have the same problem, i do not ...

Is it harmful?
to write on your body with pen and sharpie and leave it there for a few days?...

Need help getting to sleep!? and how many hours should i get?
i cant get to sleep. i try and try but i cant go to sleep until after 11:00 PM and sometimes 11:30. i just cannot go to sleep! help! im 13.5 years old. also, how many hours of sleep should i be ...

I Couldnt fall asleep til 9AM yesterday!!! how can i fall asleep within two hours? im not tired?
HELP
this is ...

I need an answer within 1 hour??!!?
i'm due for an x-ray this morning. the letter says no food and only clear liquids. does a cup of tea count as a 'clear liquid' if i dont put milk in it? i really want one!...

What can you do to get marajuana quickly out of your system?

What would happen if all the thick people in the world jumped at once?

I love screwdrivers!
Can blood pressue running 134 over 98 and pulse running 104 be ignored?
What would cause this?

ianr1984
Those are both very high, this could be because you have too many electrolites in your bloodstream. Such as sodium, potassium, and various other salts. This shouldn't be ignored, because having such a high blood-pressure and pulse can lead to heart disease, and even death. I suggest you go to the doctor, but also, reduce your sodium intake by at least half. Avoid foods that are high in mono-saturide fats. Poly-saturide fats are good for you, they are metabolised, while mono-saturide fats are not, and end up creating clogs in arteries and veins. This can lead to a heart attack, a stoke, or even other life threatening conditions. Now don't just take my advice either, it could be being caused by something other than what I described, so goto your doctor, and allow him to judge the correct path to take. OH, BTW stay away from eating out, this can cause an increase in glucose, mono-saturide fats, and large quantities of sodium.... all which can cause hypertention and lead to heart disease.

Ashes
Rating
High blood pressure

TJ
better be in consultation with a medical practicioner ... blood pressure 134/98 means you have hypertension, and most worring fact is that your diaslotic pressure is 98 it is supposed to be 80. This shows that you have a tendency to have heart problem too. Pulse rate 104 shows that yiour heart is working too hard ... and it is becoming the chicken - egg problem, one is causing the other to grow further ... but do not panic .. nothing to worry so much at this stage ... get well soon

paj
Rating
sounds ok to me

(:♥TayLee♥:)
Rating
sounds like high blood pressure, make an appointment with your doctor soon.

celine8388
Rating
very dangerous B/P......go to ur doctor as soon as possible

NoBoysAllowed!
Neither of those numbers are too exaggerated, but if they stay at those levels for more than a day and it is not normal for you then you should see a Dr. Stress, hypertension and generally being out of shape are usually the contributing factors, but there may be something else.

canary
"CAN" be ignored but should not be. 134 is not bad. 98 is pretty high. 104 pulse is fast. could be hyperthyroidism which can be serious if not treated. could be other stuff like hyperadrenal production, which is also serious. see a doctor to have the cause determined. the pulse of 104 could be "normal" for you. but the 98 diastolic (bottom #) should be addressed with medication.

killersaint
Stress is normally the main cause. Don't ignore it. Your body is tryin to tell you somethin. Go to the doctor!

SolMan
BP is considered high normal, but pulse of 104 (is that resting) is not a good thing. Remember, the five most dangerous words are: Maybe it will go away!

Good luck

Pobept
a bit high, you really should see your doctor about it, even marginally high pressure can do long term damage to your heart

Judas Rabbi
Rating
hypertension

helencartermk
Rating
Had you been running just prior to taking your bp and pulse???

hobbs1833
120/80 is normal. Yours is reaching beyond mild hypertension. What you don't say is what happened right before the test was taken? Were you active or is this a resting test. When you go to a Doc they will do standing sitting and lying down and then the average is the pressure.

nelson_devon
Can it be ignored--yes. Should it be--no, that is very high, could be deadly, and is probably treatable.

DC Bob
Depends on your age and what you were doing before you took the blood pressure.

Could be good, could be bad, and could be something that you could brag about if you were doing something that I was thinking about.

Smudgeward
Rating
I ignored it for years and ended up w. end stage terminal heart failure, email me I'll tell you how to deal w.

blue_popcornzzz
Rating
You might have diabetes. Don't ignore that.TRUST ME.

▒Яenée▒
Rating
If your pulse is real high when relaxed. Get your thyroid checked out.

Earl E. Morningwood
nope you should see medical attention.

captainimij
It depends on how old you are.Height weight.Ideally the bottom number the diastolic should be in the 80s.The top number the systolic should be in the 120s.Mine was 180 over 115, 3 years ago.I started taking blood pressure meds.Now it's around where yours is. Depending on when I take a reading.

gsschulte
well you are a little high on all of it iw ould see a doctor and maybe get a diet change plan it may just be to much salt or it could be that you have gained a little weight, or you have never really worked out so your body is starting to go into decline

roken Josh
Rating
it sounds fine to me

canajoh
Rating
Ideal blood pressure still is about 120 over 80, and many people are less than that. High bp can be from too much sodium, or some level of heart failure (people do live with hf), thus fluid retention which can cause the high numbers. The high pulse could be due to a heart valve problem, such as mitral valve stenosis, usually scarring from Rheumatic Fever, also from being a couch potato. The numbers you gave definitely should not be ignored. You or whoever should see a Cardiologist very soon. There are medications, usually Beta Blockers, that will lower the pulse, diuretics do also, plus they relieve the fluid that otherwise can accumulate, affecting the heart lining and the lungs, and even cause breathing problems.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy