Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Do you get enough sleep?
What keeps you awake?

Why do we differ in how much sleep we need?

Do you wake long before the alarm goes off?

Do you go off as soon as your head touches the pillow?...

What is it when the moon goes in front of sun collips how do you spell it?

I am new to this and am already addicted!!!?
Why is that? HELP!!!...

Do you get scared on your own in a house at night?
I do, not all the time but I usually have to watch funny films and distract myselt- it's very annoying!...

Hiccups help?
whats the best way to get rid of hiccups? i am prone to them so need a lot of help ...

I sweat ALOT on my hands and underarms . deoderent does not work?
when im in school, i have HUGEEE sweat marks under my armpits, everyday, all day. and it is really noticeable. how can i fix this problem ? should i see a doctor
Additional Details
thank ...

How can an unattractive person find love and a fulfilling physical relationship?
I'm a 56 - year old man. While I am well-liked as a friend among the ladies, no one seems to want to get any closer than that. Any ideas on how I can deal with this?
Additional Details<...

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Why is my heart beating so fast?
over 7 weeks ago i started suffering with panic/anxiety attacks but i have not had one in over 4 weeks now but 2 days ago i was just about to go to sleep wen my heart starting to beat really fast i ...

What happens to a fart if you dont let it out?

I may have stepped on a crack in the pavement today. Is that a valid excuse for not going to work tomorrow ?

What happens when you pass wind in a vacum?

Is anyone trying to quit smoking? Any tricks? I have especialy hard time when i'm upset, or on break at work
Does anyone have ideas on how to keep my mind off cigarettes, or anything else to do in place of smoking?...

Fat, frumpy, 50, depressed female?
find it difficult to diet, to tired to excersize, love food, drink beer, busy social life, going downhill rapidly, what can i do apart from shoot myself, have lovely kids and grandkids to live for....

I will quit smoking in approx. 1 hour?
when i go to bed. I have planned this for a while and I have nicotine patches at the ready. I stopped drinking alcohol 6 months ago so I have will power but I know this will be really tough as I used ...

I threw up and it burned my throat and my tounge, some got on my hand and my hand is burning too, is this bad?
i was nauseous all day today and when i got home i threw up. when i threw up it was burning my throat and tounge really bad, its only been 15 minutes after i threw up and its still burning, it feel ...

I am 62 years old and cannot sleep at night.. What can i take besides sleeping pills..?
I am 62, and have restless legs, which contributes to my sleepless nights.....

My heartbeat is 80 beats per min...is this good or bad?
What's normal? My blood pressure is good though.
Additional Details
I'm an adult (31), & I weigh 110 lbs, small build....

How do you get......?
a four year old to eat?
My four year old will not eat anything other than tuna on toast, he used to be a good eater then all of a sudden, like over night he changed, i have tried every ...

What can cause a 14yr. old boy to have high blood pressure?

Can a doctors office refuse to see you if you cannot pay the office visit?
My friend has been injured at work and can no longer work. She has no medical or income at this time. She owes her doctor twenty dollars and he refuses to see her. They did let her come to the office to check her blood pressure. It was 150/110. They told her she could not get any sample meds or see the doctor.
Isn't there some responsibility on the doctors office. I mean can they really just send someone out the door knowing they are very ill?

LEAH
Rating
NO U CANT

debbie k
yes they can refuse to see anyone for any reason, a state funded office has to see her but a private practice does not have to.

nytrauma911
Rating
I don't know how legal it is, but I have seen it happen before. Tell your friend to go to the emergency room and she will be seen. Hospitals can not turn anyone away, regardless of a previous bill pending, no insurance or race. The er doctors wont give her samples but will get her blood pressure under control and refer her to her primary doctor. My advise to her is to pay the bill if she wants to continue to see her doctor or get a new doctor. It's a shame that that sort of patient care happens in this country, but it is all about money and greed.

binga31
Rating
No, the responsibility is on her work. If she got injured there, they pay her doct's visit, not her and any other medical expenses she's incurred. It's called workman's compensation. She needs to check into this where she works. Also, she might be eligible for getting partial income thru that program as well. It won't be 100% of her wages, but a certain percentage, it varies depending on what the program covers. Hopefully, she will not have to pay out and be re-imbursed for the coverage. She needs to find out about this asap, as there are time limits.

JOHNNY D
I think doctors are lead by the advise of their accountants. Doctors did not study financial management with concentration on debt to income ratio. So if a doctor you know, in a hospital or private practice, he has to follow guidelines to stay afloat.

knittinmama
Rating
Unfortunately, yes. She can go to a free or subsidized clinic. If she isn't able to work she should be able to get disability, which should cover medical.

Anna Z
I don't know what state you are in but, where I work in Indiana we would not let someone walk out the door with their blood pressure that high, if she had a stroke or heart attack the facility would be responsible for letting her leave. Also where I work we have a sliding fee scale for people who can't afford the visits, they can pay anywhere from $5.00 a visit on up. If they have to go to the hospital there is a charity grant available. But, if your friend was injured at work workers comp should cover her injury and doctors visits, I'd check into that. good luck, I hope I helped with some with my answer.

stinkypants2u
Rating
Why isn't worker's compensation covering the visit? You need to contact them and hire a lawyer.They are extremely hard to deal with. My husband had to go through this.

tomiron1
Yes, a Private facility can, if it is government subsidized they can't.

maggiepirsq
Rating
Yes, it is true that physicians can refuse to see patients. However, there is a medical and legal concept known as 'continuum of care' in which a medical professional must continue to treat a patient unless the physician has notified the patient by certified mail that they are being discharged from the practice. In the meantime, your friend should go to a city hospital's ER.

bschmalzer
Rating
No. Especially if this is a case of worker's comp. It is the responsibilty of the doctors office to bill the appropriate state agency for medical visits based on worker's comp cases.

She can also go to a local ER, they cannot refuse service based on financials.

drpsholder
unfortunately yes they can. If your friend was hurt on the job, then she/he should have set up a workman's comp. claim and their employer should be responsible for any and all treatment that is necessary.
Also, in many metropolitan cities, there are indigent care facilities that will be happy to see them for a reduced rate or even free, but getting an appointment may be tough.

roy40372
ok ask your self this question "can i get groceries without money?" Why would you expect the doctor to work for free when he has spent all that money and time going to school to be a doctor. Why doesn't your friend go to the county health department for medical attention and tell he to be sure and take a bath before she goes.

Natalie
Rating
i'm not sure about private doctor's offices. however, all hospitals i have ever encountered have seen patients with or without insurance and then send that person a bill.

Babe
if the doctor is in private practice, he doesn't have to see patients if he doesn't want to.

Special K
it's wrong, but private practice can be like that. if she has to see a doctor, go to an emergency room. they should not refuse her there.

danielromero60
Rating
They can basically do whatever they want to do. Sorry but the burden of proof would be on your friend. With her current situation and pursuing legal action might be more stressful on her at this point.

Try researching the internet search engines for "free clinics" and patient assistance programs for medications in your friend's local area.

Most hospitals have community health programs to assist people without any insurance, medicare or medicaid. Try calling your local hospital, ask to speak to the social services department.

You would be a GREAT friend by being there for her armed with information on assistance programs.

As always, hospital emergency rooms cannot turn away patients in need.

GL

dirkdiggler9999
Can a restaurant refuse to give you food again because you ran out on the check? Of course they can. So can a doctor. If she needs medical attention, she should go to a free state run clinic.

JS
Rating
Yes they can refuse to see her. Now if she goes to the ER for an emergency then they have to see her.

eyes_of_iceblue
Unfortunately there are Dr.'s that operate that way.
They get tired of being owed money.
Have her go to the local health department, they will see her for free.
Hope this helps.

kirsten j
doctors have the right to refuse patients for various reasons. lack of payment is one. sometimes it is not them in particular, but whoever runs the office that dictates that. if she is ill, she needs to go to an ER

laurie888
Sure they can. In private practice. There are clinics and places for people in your friend's situation. Have them go to their local health department.

Bufford M
Rating
Short answer: In most cases where there has been a relationship established, then in my state (Texas) there is an obligation to respond appropriately, until the relationship is ended. There are a lot of physicians who will terminate the relationship if there is a persistent unpaid account. There is a very formal procedure to terminate the relationship that has to be followed (in Texas, and I would guess in most states).

In most cases, twenty dollars owed wouldn't usually be a problem, unless it has been owed for a long time or the patient has made it clear that they have no intention of paying

Finally, if she was injured at work and this was covered by workers compensation, and she was permanently disabled (officially, not just "she can't work"), then she should be able to get help with her care if she can't afford insurance because she can't work due to a compensable injury

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy