Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

Questions about after sudgery?
HOW LONG AFTER ANKLE SURG CAN U ACTIVELY WALK AND HOW LONG BEFORE U GET BACK TO WHATEVER NORMAL IS THANKS...

How do you get rid of the dry skin on your feet?
I have extreemly dry skin on my soles and heals. I have tried vairous foot creams but can't get rid of the hard feel on them....

What is the best way to keep the body hydrated in hot weather ?
I have moved abroad and the weather is very hot. 40+ degrees. I sweat a lot and end up with cramps in the middle of the night. These cramps are so gripping they become agonizing. What can I do to ...

How can I quit smoking?
Be realistic please! I want to kick the butt, but have been unable to.....

How little sleep can I get away with before going nuts?
I'm working a week of nights at the moment, but I've had very little sleep and am start to feel pretty fried. How far can I push things before I go mental and start eating people?...

I want to know, can women get postrate cancer?

Is it bad to like the smell of petrol?

I'm blood-type O-. If I get into a horrible accident that requires a blood transfusion, am I screwed?

Additional Details
Yea, forgot to mention that i'm adopted from overseas so i can't count on parents for this. I'm aware that I can donate to myself ahead of time, but I ...

What home remedies can I use for Strep throat?
Ive had it for 2-3 days now and I have to go to NYC on friday afternoon to visit family, I need it atleast almost gone before then, what can help, If not home rems, than a really good over the ...

I feel like I'm wasting the doctors time..... am I?
Hi, I have suffered from dizziness for the past 16 months. I went to see my GP about it and they did blood tests which all came back fine. I went back about a month later and they suggested it could ...

What is the polite way to pass gas?

Whats it like to go under General Anaesthetic?
Going for an op soon............

I JUST SLEPT FOR 22 HOURS STRAIGHT!!!
has this ever happened to anyone im usually a very very light sleeper....

How to sleep better at night?
for the past few days i havent been sleeping that good..i always have a million thoughts running through my mind...lol my whole house is like asleep except me..except my mom cause shes a light ...

Is it ok to let 4-year old child with fever swim?
My daughter has a low-grade temp, but she acts like she feels fine. Its pretty hot today. Is it ok to let her swim?...

I've just got my job at McD's!!?
Based on my experience, I would like to urge all parents to feed their children at McDs on every available opportunity, because if you do your children will not be competing with my children in the ...

Im 12 and cant get to sleep help i go to sleep about 3am its 2 53 am and not tired help?

How can I feel really awake in the morning,?
I get up at around 6 ...for school , and always fel tired...that lasts all day no matter how early i go to sleep.....

Can a child be removed for these reason?
i fear for my grandchildren. my daughter and son in law and 3 grandchildren live with my son in laws parents. the house is disgustingly filthy, they have lots of cats and dogs. the animals do their ...

What does sugar do?
What does sugar do if taken too much? thanks. ...

Isabela
Blacking out and feeling dizzy when I stand up?
This has been happening a lot lately. I'll stand up, take a few steps and then have to stop and lean against something because my vision goes almost completely black and I get really dizzy. It's been getting worse lately and I'm afraid I'm gonna faint or something. Do these sound like symptoms to something, maybe diabetes? Idk.
Additional Details
Oh yeah I just checked my blood pressure, its fine, so I dunno. I guess its not that! Argh this is so confusing.

hk_vdubtdi_hk
See a doctor if it happens frequently. If it is just occasionally, just try not to stand too quickly.

heretoasku
Could be a sinus infection. that makes you very dizzy and can make you black out if not treated.

callmestupid
go to a doctor it seems abnormal good luck

sangrealatlogres
I'm sorry, but you go see the Doctor right away. Don't get over worried the odds are it's not serious serious, but you do need to have it looked at.

boomboombaby
Rating
I had that problem too and the doctor told me it was from low blood pressure. You really should go get checked out by the doctor though maybe different.

Christie
Drink more water, you could be dehydrated also. Call your doctor as well, it could mean other things.

Juicy!30_o
Rating
GO
TO
A
DOCTOR

krazekatt1
Your blood pressure may be too low.....Go see the doc

Kayos
Rating
Happens to me. I don't know.

*Hopelessly*
inner ear infection, high blood pressure....
GO SEE A DOCTOR as soon as possible
Take care!

chutney_99
Rating
Poor circulation, possibly. Do you smoke, or drink a butt-load of coffee?

rikki
Rating
that happens to me alot too but im usualy not too dizzy I can usually just walk with my eyes blacked out! but you should probubly see a doctor. In the mean time try not to stand up too quickly after sitting down for a long time.

curious
It happeneds to me too. my mom told me to drink lots of water and i am getting better. so i guess you are just dehydrated. if it doesn't get any better then go see the doctor

granny turtle
Rating
CHECK BLOOD PRESSURE, report to a DOCTOR soon.

Crystal
Rating
Sounds like low blood pressure but go see your doctor.

Becks
It could be low blood pressure. you should see a doctor about it if you haven't already.

The dizziness you feel when you stand up quickly is caused by a decrease in blood flow to the brain. Inside your body you have several major arteries—the biggest one is called the aorta. When you are sitting down, the arteries and the blood vessels in your legs are bent in various positions. When you stand up, those major vessels become straight, kind of like a garden hose, and gravity takes a lot of blood towards your toes. Normally the body responds by pushing the blood through the circulatory system with more force (greater pressure) to overcome the effects of gravity. But if all factors that govern blood pressure are not "in sync" (and you’ve been sitting for a long while), the increase in blood pressure will not be fast enough and you will feel dizzy. I reccomend getting up slowly.

Rachel 410
You might have low blood pressure, or on the lower range of normal.

aaronator
just get up slower

Mimi
Rating
This started happening to me about a year and a half ago. One day when I had been sick I was laying in bed, I got up going to walk to the kitchen and get some medicine. I blacked out and felt very dizzy. I made it to the kitchen but once there my mom gave me some medicine to take (just like Tylenol because I had the fever with the flu like sickness) while walking back to my room I blacked out again and fainted. My parents freaked out and called the doctor that lives down the street from us. He came over and looked at me. My parents were ready to take me to the emergency room. The doctor concluded that when I first got out of my bed and stood up that all my blood rushed from my brain to my feet. This caused me to blackout and feel very dizzy. Part of the reason why this happened was because I was dehydrated. This may be your problem. Dehadration can cause this. I went to my doctor and she believed that the doctor down the street from was right. They did a blood test I think but never found anything. It would be best to check with your doctor although, never know could be something different for you.
I still suffer every once in a while...but not much at all... from getting up too quickly. (the blood rushing from my brain to feet) When this happens I simply sit back down and wait until I no longer feel this way. It always help to
eat something and drink something with electrolights like Gatorade.

Hope this helps you!! You should probably to your doctor just for them to check it out although.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy