Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

I have smoking habbit how to quit this ??? please reply?
Best Regards
M...

Is there any relef from a sunburn quick?
i was at a brokton rox game and i got a sunburn on both of my arms and its real annoying is there a way to make the burn go away....

Does anyone take sleeping pills to fall asleep, if so which one?

Its been almost over 6 months since I got my tragus pierced, why does it hurt? Should I be worried?
It just started to hurt again this week. Its really sensitive. I was thinking maybe I slept on it wrong or maybe I hit it with the phone. In any case should I be worried about infection?...

My dad's right arm/shoulder is in alot of pain, and he's losing mobility with no apparent reason. Why?
My dad's right arm/shoulder has been in alot of pain lately, and he's losing mobility in it, fast, with no apparent reason. I mean, he's having trouble picking things up, and, it'...

I'm going to try to quit smoking...?
What are some of the methods you used...&& is it really kind of hard to quit???...

My left testical hangs 1" lower then the my right why?

Does the tetanus shot hurt really bad?
because im going to get it like in 4 more hours
=S...

I suffer from really bad hangovers, does anyone have any good hangover cures???..that actually work?? :)?

Do you like long walks?
I went on a 3 hour long walk today and I must say it was quite enjoyable. Not something you hear much coming from a 16 year old. :P
Additional Details
I have a car. ...

Baby is constantly vommiting on breast milk and is not thriving?

What could this be?? My glands are really swollen, I cant swallow or it hurts really bad, I get really hot....
then really cold, I get pounding headaches every so often and my whole neck is sore and its pretty hard to breathe. Any ideas??...

Should I stop taking medication and look for work?
My doctor booked me off sick for depression and alcoholism. I was getting better but the Medical Examiner found me 100% healthy. I decided to stop taking Prozac because even though it calms me down ...

Is it some kind of illness to feel tired all day and keep dozing off? my eyes keep closing.?
i had been feeling like that since saturday had slept really late from last monday to last friday. my eyelids feel heavy and my eyes feel dry. however, when i yawn, some tears came out.

Why is yawning a contagious thing? i mean why isnt burping or coughing or anything else your body makes your?
mouth do that doesnt tend to be contagious and only yawning is on the contrary?

why???...

Who else cant get 2 sleep?

Additional Details
2 hotty same as me hun or when you are in bed and you tell him you what to sleep and you feel somthing hard pressing on your back if you know what i ...

Dumb Question, but I need help!?
I am hurting pretty bad. I am somehow hurt my wrist and I am neasiated and dizzy and I want to get it checked out, but I am scared to tell my dad (who is also my caregiver) that I want to go get ...

How do i use a repeat prescription?
Do i take the green slip to the docs or to chemist?...

Is vitamin supplement a waste of time considering we eat a lot of food anyway?

Strange lump under my arm?
I have a big lump under my arm and can also feel something strange and like a lump at the back of my neck. The one under my arm is not really painful. There does not appear to be any lump in my ...

vixen599
Been prescribed diazepam 2mg for flight will it knock me out?
got 10 hr flight on friday and am petrified, dr gave me diazepam, how soon before flight do i take it and what will it do to me? how long will effects last

Cherrypicker
Rating
Minimal side effects. I would advise you take it a couple of hours before you board the plane. It should just take the edge off your anxiety. Good luck.

Jen
2mg is a low dose it will relax you, don't take more or you could embarrass yourself as it can disinhibit you!
Take it on the plane and after four hours it may wear off but if you are not used to it it may not need second dose,
should be OK after 10 hours, the effects wearing off by 8 hours, it is the initial relaxing effect you need , then go with it .
Bon Voyage!

Newgran
Rating
It will not knock you out. It will make you feel relaxed. take it about half an hour before you fly and then another one 5 hours later, this should see you alright

Long Time Man
Rating
You lucky thing. Diazepam rocks.

You should notice the effects quite quickly if you have not used them commonly before. It will relax you a lot and make you feel like slighlty numb - like a good alcohol buzz.

If you have any left over when you return I'll gladly take them off your hands.

sharon a
Valium has a calming effect and can make you sleep. Medications normally take about 30-40 minutes to be effective. Your reaction to this as with any medication is individual and depends on your tolerance.

thinpinblue
Rating
My wife took some prescribed Diazapan for a 10 hour flight some years back. 20 minutes from touchdown she awoke and asked me "how much longer". Did`nt eat or go to the loo. I`ve never known such a peaceful 10 hours.
She took them some 2-3 hours before the flight and found them very relaxing. Probably affects people in different ways but will certainly do the trick for you

fred flintstone
Rating
NO BOUT 2 HOURS KEEP U CALM

speedy
2mg is a small does it will just take the edge off your anxiety take Harv hour before you fly

Lukus//
It usually takes most pills 20 to 30 minutes to start working, so I would say take it as soon as you find your seat. Depending on what size you are, 2mgs might knock you out. I've been prescribed 0.1 mgs for restless legs at night. That usually drifts me off quite nicely. I take them occasionally. I am about 5'7", and weigh around 160 pds.

SYJ
Wait till you are on the plane before taking it and no it will not knock you out but make you very relaxed and slightly tired. Enjoy your flight it is so much safer than going anywhere by car or train.

Clyde Banks
Lucky you

nurse erin
Rating
did the dr. only give you 1 tab? if so, i would take it just as you are getting to the airport, don't wait and take it on the plane. you want it to begin working prior to the flight, especially if it is the accual flight that is the problem for you. have you ever taken valium before? if not, i hope you have someone with you...just in case. alot of meds and their effects depend on the dosage and your weight. good luck!

lozzielaws
Rating
Your doc should have told you when to take them, but I would wait until you have cleared customs etc, in case they affect you too strongly. You dont want to miss your flight because customs say you are too drowsy! When taken orally, they have an effect quite quickly, so leave it until last minute.

They should make you feel very very relaxed, not a care in the world, possibly make you sleep, it really depends. They affect some people very strongly, not so much others. They are commonly used for anxiety, they are a muscle relaxant and you may find you dont remember much about the flight, this is normal.

He has given you the right thing, I use it when I go to the dentist as i am petrified of dentists, and I can happily sit in the chair, eyes closed, totally relaxed and drowsy. With me, they take about 30 minutes to kick in, its quite a quick reaction, so please leave it until as late as possible.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy