Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - General Health Care
Health Discussion Forum

I'm 16 years old and tomorrow I'm getting a regular physical so I can join the soccer team at school....
now will they be doing any ackward things to me that involves removing my clothing? checking my "areas"? anything of the sort?...

In the middle of the night, and you wake up...?
So, it's the middle of the night and you wake up, you have to go to the bathroom or get a drink, do you keep one eye closed to try to go back to sleep quicker? Do you keep both eyes closed and ...

Why do you see someone yawning & you yawn too?

Is it worth a good nights sleep????
Suppose you have trouble sleeping at night, you go to the medicine cabnet and pull out a bottle of sleeping pille. The next morning you throw up, diarrhea, tired, migraines, and you aren't aloud ...

Can i get a witness?
Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?...

If a house is infested with fleas and that person comes to ur house can the fleas come off them?
We have been looking after their house whilst they have been away and when they have come back their house is infested downstairs. They came to my house to give us a gift and when they went i was ...

Constipation, why and explain?

Do you sleep well at night, if yes, is it natural, a warm drink or pills?
I am a restless sleeper and would love to get a good nights sleep. I have heard that taking pills to help can be addictive....

Gummibears !!!?
I just found gummibears that have been under my bed for over a year presemiopened . should i eat them ?
Additional Details
too late i ate some of em ...
still chewy and they still ...

Which is the best way to get rid of hick ups?

Why do I smoke ?
I've wanted to quit for a while.I've smoked since i was sixteen...I'm nearly forty now.I've tried and tried to no avail.....yet I can sit at the computer at my local online centre ...

Why can't I sleep tonight?

Additional Details
Lots on my mind, yes, but I've talked it through with my other half, determined that I can't do anything until tomorrow and STILL can't sleep!...

How do you build self confidence????

What are some suggetions on sleep for night workers.?
I just want suggestions on how people who work nights get a full 8 hours of sleep. I have 2 young children, 3 dogs, and many other factors that wake me up just as I'm drifting off. Suggestions ...

How to quit smoking weed.?
i have been smoking very often (at least 5 times per week) for about 6 years now. 95% of my friends smoke, most people i meet smoke...so its not like i can just take it out of my life easily. i ...

I Need Your Help?
I have rejoined weight watchers and i need to do more in the line of excercise but i do have a bad back i do go for a 3 and a half mile walk every day i also drink 4 pints of water every day but it ...

Are night shifrt workers a strange breed of people?
i have worked nights for 3 years and seen many people come and go, some people just cant sleep in the day , whats the medical view on this, also heard it can take years off your ...

What should I do to stop dairrhoea?
I've been on the toilet all night, starting around midnight and have been about once to twice per hour, and am still going at four in the afternoon. I am drinking fluids but don't think I�...

If smokers want to quit smoking but can't. Aren't they addicts?

What are effective strategies to help a friend stop smoking?
I have a friend who knows smoking is bad but he doesn't have the will power to stop. How can I help him without making him go crazy....

steve w
48 year old, how much sleep do I need?

book_worm308
7-8 hrs.

Ginkgo
Rating
You can exercise too much, eat too much and drink too much water. With sleep, do it as much as you possibly can. You cannot do too much since you can only sleep if you need it.

27stars
at least 8 hours every night, it's the minimum

Shopaholic Chick
8 hours same as everyone else

dusty roads
Rating
8hours

Cabana C
Rating
As much as you think yu need. There is no rule. But on average the older you get the less sleep you need.

chicadulce
Rating
The amount of sleep needed differs for every person. As you get older you need less sleep. The average for you age is around 6 hours but get as much as you need to function properly

dukalink6000
Six to eight hours

Clyde
Rating
each body is different one person only needs 6 to be alert and well rested while another needs 8 to 8 hours .. what level do you wake up at feeling the best then that's your level

Johnny Baggs
Depends on many things.
Whether the bird you sleep with is worth the sleep deprivation,
whether something good is on the telly,how much you've drunk/vomited,etc ,etc.

I find about 4 hours minimum otherwise I feel shagged all day.

purplepeep
six to eight hours. Good night sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite!

‚ô•jen‚ô•
Rating
8 hours

Phyllis A
Rating
at 48 years old you need about 6 hours of sleep a night

hiimben2k5
The amount of sleep that makes you feel rejuvenated. Every human has his own need for sleep, and believe it or not, it's not based on your age. If you're not getting enough sleep, your body will let you know.

As many others claim... 6 to 8 hours. That is only an average statistic. Get the amount of sleep that makes you feel comfortable during the day. There is no exact number. However, do keep in mind that getting too much unnecessary sleep comes with consequences as well.

Biology works in amazing ways, huh?

reno311591
Rating
In a consequent sleeping scheme in combination with a low fat diet, at least 4-6 hours. Adapting to such a style of sleeping takes 4 - 6 weeks.

foxxy_sk8tergurl
i may b younger than u but jus get enuogh sleep so the next day u feel fresh

honest tea
There is no set rule for the amount of sleep that everyone needs.

Adult sleep requirements can range from less than 5 hours to more than 10 hours per night. In general, most healthy adults need an average of 7 - 9 hours.

You may not be getting enough sleep if you have trouble staying alert during boring situations, if you are irritable, and/or have trouble with memory and concentration.

When possible (such as on weekends), it's helpful to go to bed at a decent hour without setting the alarm and allow yourself to awaken naturally.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy