Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Would you stay away from anyone with Lupus?

Anxiety panic and zoloft?
Im about to start the generic form of zoloft..ive actually had the prescription for a week now and have so far not taken it...it seems like every time before i want to take the pill i think to hard ...

I need to try to rule out a health condition; can anyone knowledgeable PLEASE help?
I wrote about this strange, longterm health problem I've been having on another forum, and I got a lot of suggestions like thyroid, Candida overgrowth, depression/anxiety, Celiac disease, etc. O...

Am I still anorexic if I am not skinny?
My parents are really worried I have an eating disorder but personally I think I need to lose weight if anything. I have been eating a bowl of rice and salad every day for about 8 years and sometimes ...

Water bong bad for health?
hello i watched a video on youtube how to make a water bong.
i am not smart and i want to no is it BAD for health or anything? cause its just water so your smoking water? i dont get why people ...

Are there any home remedies for pink eye? My son is away on his Summer break and cannot see his pediatrician.
He is 16 and complaining his eye is red and hurts. Can I use something until he can be seen by our doctor?

Thank you in advance for your answers. True answers and not the rude obnoxious ...

Is Ritalin good for children?

How do u get rid of ur gas problem? because i cant stand the smell of my own?

Blood in bowel bad?
okay so last nite i saw something in my stool that look like a chunk of blood(dont wanna b to graphic otherwised i'd explain) well this morning i saw it again this time is when on the stool.. ...

Do you think there will ever be a cure for autism in the future?
If so, do you think it will be short, medium or long term?...

I have a fever and im 13 and i have to swallow a pill but it never goes down how do u swallow one?

Is it normal for a 14 year old to be a drug addict?

Can't remember if I have to fast before a liver function test and thyroid test?
I have an underactive thyroid, but also need a liver function test. Also can I have a cup of coffee?...

Gallbladder?
I have had pain under my lower right ribcage for some time. It sometimes radiates directly around to my back. On and off I feel 'full' or 'bloated' with frequent gas and burps. I ...

What do blind people see?
If we shut our eyes we dont see nothing we see black as eyelids cover our vision. But what do they see or dont? One for thought but only a blind person who once could see can only answer this....

My little cousin has lice and I....?
patted her head and kissed her head before I left my grandparents' place. Could I have lice from that? I had no idea until TODAY, when her parents discovered the lice. I saw her yesterday. S...

Has anyone been cured of Candida, if so with what?

How do you get rid of scoliosis?
I have a minor case of scoliosis, I'm 16 and I've had it for 1 or 2 years. It's really not that bad, and I was thinking of getting a corset to help me have a good shape?

Cocaine help to get off it
can someone please tell me the best way to get of cocaine i don't want to go to the doctor i want to try myself i use it mybe once a ...

What is this trembling that i feel in my stomach?
for the past couple of days i feel like a vibration in my lower stomach, like lower than my belly button..i dont know what it is..i feel fine although i was hungover on saturday and i was throwing up ...

brunettes_r_cool
Why is it that when I stand up I feel light-headed?
Almost every time I get up after sitting or laying for an extended period of time I feel very dizzy and my eyes go dark for about 30 seconds after which I feel fine. It seems to have been getting worse since I noticed it around a year ago, and it has gotten to the point where as soon as I get up I nearly fall over again or have to hold on to something to keep from losing my balance. My father told me that I may have low blood pressure that causes the amount of blood supplied to my head to go down. I wanted to know if this in fact what it could be and whether or not I should be worried.

macguffin
Sounds like low blood sugar to me. Have a glass of orange juice; this might help. Be careful, OK?

Drew
Rating
When you have been laying down for a period of time your body adjusts, and blood flow to your brain does not have to overcome the effects of gravity. When you stand up suddenly you body must compensate for the effects of gravity. Your arterial walls contract, your heart rate may increase momentarily, and other methods of compensation keep the blood flowing to your brain.

When this system of compensation goes a little haywire the symptoms you have described can occur. If can be from a drop in blood pressure, or a drop in heart rate, or a combination of these. Depending upon the exact mecahnism of dysfunction various condition names are used such as orthostatic hypotension and neurocardiogenic syncope are a couple of these.

Treatment is often managed by a cardiologist. Drug therapy, dietary modifications, or even pacemaker implantation may be considered to address the problem depending upon severity.

The symptoms you have described are relatively common, though it can lead to temporary loss of consciousness. To limit these symptoms you might consider standing in stages. Spend a few minutes sitting before you stand when getting out of bed, for example.

blueplanet_76
Rating
it normal blood pressure drops then goes back to normal. at times when i go in to a bright place i loose my vision.. but the doctor told me its because my eyes get usedto the dark that when a dramatic change of lights happen my pupils constic for a while like thirty seconds or so. first then dialate again to see normal... it happend this morning in fact...

dell_dude360
omg that happens to me but on a much lighter scale than that

when i get up i just feel light headed and dizzy for about 5 seconds

im not sure if it's getting worse

i say go to ur doctor right away

cowboydoc
Rating
This isn't normal but on the other hand it isn't abnormal either. I might guess your a teen-ager and I'm guessing your not eating real good, junk food all the time or skipping meals. The "30 seconds" is probably more like 3 or 4 seconds. It's from the blood leaving your head area while you stand and then going back, with a slight dizziness.
When you get up from now on, rise slower, take your time, you'll notice the difference. Good luck.

Malka
Could be low blood pressure, a circulation problem, or something more serious... If you can afford a visit to the doctor, I highly recommend it.

Pete
Rating
Alissa D had better go back and take some more courses. It is NOT normal because you say you have had this condition for a year!! It is low blood pressure, basically. It is dangerous and you are lucky you haven't been hurt by it - falling down, or fainting while driving. See a doctor ASAP.

nobodies36
Rating
I have low blood pressure and get this. Worried? Not really, there isn't too much you can do about it. Try to get up slower.

gabber1981
Rating
I had a similar problem, but it isn't so bad anymore. I think it has something to do with low blood pressure like your father said. At least, that is what I have always been told. Try drinking more water and small snacks during the day as if you were a diabetic and see if that helps. I don't think there is any real reason for concern. You'll be fine. Although, if you feel it really is getting worse and nothing makes it better - I would go see your Doctor to see what his or her professional opinions are.

MissA
Rating
Low blood pressure or low blood sugar are what leap to mind, both of which are easily treatable. If you have a recurrent problem with lightheadedness and fainting/near fainting episodes, a visit to your doctor would seem indicated, and they can help you out. In the meantime, just be cautious and take it slow while standing up: the faintness is not necessarily bad for you, but you can be injured if you fall.

alissa d
Rating
It is most likely orthostatic hypotension, and it's normal. It happens when blood suddenly rushes away from your head...most people experience this every now and then (I have too). If you are worried see your doctor, but this actually sounds pretty normal to me.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy