Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why do people think everyone that has a disease is contagiouse?
I have this life threatening disease and everytime new people find out they think its contageous whnen its not....

I've recently have been having short term memory problems. Any idea what the cause could be?
Just small things.. for example... I'll ask my friends a question and they'll say, "you just asked me that." I'll usually play it off and go on. Or, I'll go to pour ...

Should I get a tetanus shot?
Hello. I cut my big toe open a little over a week ago on a rusty ladder that is submerged in a lake. The cut was moderate, and caused some bleeding. It was treated with Neosporin cream and looks ...

Can u have chicken pops more than once?

What is a good homemade remedy for constipation?

I have been depressed since I learned that my 2 year old has been diagnosed with autism. Does it get better?
I constantly worry about my son's future. Will he make friends? Will he have regular birthday parties? Will he marry? Help!...

I'm giving blood tomorrow but i don't know if i should..?
i'm really weak as it is and i'm always getting sick.. should i not give blood becuase last year a girl fainted in my school from the blood drive and i'm kinda worried ...

Sigmoidoscopy!!!!!!?
I had a sigmoidoscopy yesterday which was clear and I was pleased,obviously. I then discovered that this procedure does not show the whole colon, so it's recommended that you have Colonoscopy. N...

Eye problem - Seeing Flashing lights/shapes?
My friend had quite a scary experience last night....suddenly, his vision went blurry on one side and he kept seeing dark patches/shapes in his sight wherever he looked!

Also, he said that ...

I am worried?
i am 13 years old and have been getting the shakes. it has been getting worse and i have also been getting headaches that are only on for like 1 minute. is there something wrong??
Additional D...

Eating disorders?

What have i got?
My muscles feel tired and weak. My eyes hurt. My throat hurts when i swallo something. I feel tired but can't sleep. Please help... What have i got?...

I have a bitter taste in my mouth now for two days. What could it be?
I was wondering if it could indicate something as I have had this before.
Additional Details
Pregnant.no
Malria.......NO
Tooth decay...no
A lemon in my mouth? ....nope......

If you found out you were going to die in 5 years what would you do?

I am 32 years old female & sometimes i feel really dizzy after eating & it lasts for about 45-60. almost drunk

Bad smelling pee?
i have no insurance and cant afford to see a doctor, my pee smells like old hot dogs, i know its gross, but it really does, it has smelled this way for a really long time, maybe like 4 years, it went ...

Crack or Crystal Meth smell ?
Please only answer if you know or someone has giving you the answer.

My neighbours I think are smoking crack (or maybe meth?)
The smell is terrible, and strong, and remind me of
&...

My daughter tells me her eyes are burning and they are not red !!!! what could it be?
i made a doc appointment for in the morning i was just wondering if anyone else has had this prob?
Additional Details
this has been going on for 5 ...

Please help!!!! VERY serious!!!!!?symptoms?
Ok, what can be the problem.....

My... dad witch is... 54... has these problems where his left arm goes numb and his back hurts.... and he doesn't have a lot of air........ that ...

Is having gallbladder surgery cure gallbladder problems?
i have had gallbladder attack 2 times in the past 3.5 too 4 months ago and they say if i have it removed it will cure me?...

Torisama K
What is the medical term for a person that cuts themselves?

Dave
Rating
Not too sharp.

Warren W- a Mormon engineer
A do-it-yourself surgeon.

Seamus McGuinness
Rating
an emo.

Savannah S
emo,cutter, depressed, or in my opion just plain dumb cuz who would do that they need to get help if they are its really bad.
P.S. y do u need to no

Toilet Finger !
I don't believe that there is one.

The industry term is just "a cutter".

Someone that is obsessed with blood has a sickness known as

himotodiptia (SIK) which evokes vampire like behavior in some people.

There is no true latin or medical term for someone that cuts themself.

Usually these people suffer from borderline personality disporder, bipolar disorder, or depression.

kitticatluv
Rating
mental issues..... aka emo

hahaha just kidding...there is no word many people cut themselves for various reasons most often they have mental disabilities or maybe going through some sort of trauma

☆Zestee☆
Rating
It is called SI (Self-Injury) or SH (Self-Harm). There is no medical term for the person themselves, just the act.

Ty
masochist

Randy W
DSS (Deliberate Self Harm Syndrome) is the actual diagnosis of people that cut them selves.
Also just refer ed to as Self Mutilation disorder.
The incidence of self-mutilation is highest among teenage females, patients diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, and patients diagnosed with one of the dissociative disorders.

Emilie A
Rating
i really dont think theres a medical term. someone with suicidal tendencies perhaps? cinderella complex?

amy T
Rating
i agree with answerer number 1!
an emo indeed!

choker
I have seen shrinks refer to them as cutters. Maybe there isn't a technical term.

doc_moore_j
Rating
I think the answer you are looking for is STUPID.

Cherry Coke
Rating
It may just link to depression, and possibly suicide attempts. I've found in my research that is can be called "self-mutilation".
Hope this helps. The sites are good also for further research.

ladyofadc
I think its "self mutilator"

Kenshin
Rating
Self mutalation.

metal pixi
Its techinally depression.
Many cutters are what people lable them, 'emo'.
But they cut because they want to feel something. They claim that they can not feel pain, nor happiness. So they harm themselves to make themselves believe they are expiriencing some sort of feeling.
Some say it makes them feel more 'alive'.
They do this because they are so depressed and desparate that they physically harm themselves to try and feel a little normal.
Its a really sad case. But cutting is one of the stupidest and worst things a depressed person could do to themselves.
CUTTING IS NOT THE ANSWER.

I could go on and on, but if you need more info, feel free to email me.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy