Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How can I cure my east infection?
I need to know something. Can yeast infections be cured? I have an it for 7 years and it seems I can`t cure it. Can u help me out? I`ve been to many, many doctors and tried a lot of treatments...What ...

Food Poisoning?
I started being violently sick at 1 this morning and the doctor in the hospital said it looked like food poisoning. Could it have been from the Cinese restaurant I'd eaten at at about 8pm or ...

Do teenagers still have the BCG vaccine?
I have a 4 year old daughter and she has just had her pre school booster jabs and I received a leaflet about vaccines that are given as she gets older, there was another set of booster injections ...

Can someone tell me if my partner has crohn's disease?
My partner suffers from IBS and cannot eat gluten or dairy products because of it. Also I have noticed he always seems to feel run down and unwell even though he has a relatively easy life with ...

I have degenrative disc disease do that qualified for disabitiy?

Whats pluracey?
its an ...

Why do they make cigarettes? & do you think smoking will be a thing of the past in years to come?
in this day & age i find it rather disturbing that a factory can mix a load of poison chemicals together & add them to tabbaco leaf then sell them to the public who will inhale this poisen ...

Water in ear?
I was trying to fix my ears with a ear wax removal, and after I did that, I put warm water in the syringe and put it in my ear constantly to flush it out, but now theres a whole lot of water in my ...

Why is my urine a reddish orange?
For the last couple of days, my husband and I have been urinating a reddish orange color.(We are totally faithful to each other...so please no inappropriate comments about one of cheating or anything ...

Is this normal?
whenever i watch movies, i need to have English subtitles displayed, otherwise i miss important bits of dialogue and don't really understand whats going on. i just cant seem to make out the ...

Causes of thick white salavia?

What are floaters in eyes? Should I worry?
I was bending over yesterday, and suddenly 2 floaters appeared in my left eye right next to each other. Now they are there all the time. Reading & computer especially annoying as they flick to ...

What causes diarrhea? (kinda gross question, but please keep reading)!?
I started really intense soccer tryouts on Monday morning. It was the most activity i've gotten all summer (pretty much). We do a LOT of running and conditioning, and by the end of the 2 hour ...

Im afraid of getting the shot?
in a couple of weeks my mom is taking my sis and i to get our meningitis vaccination shots. I know that she really wants to get us this shot cuz a few years ago on thanks giving day my cousin died ...

Should You Feel sorry For Drug Attics?
After all it does have alot to do with their parents and the people they grow up with....

How many times should we whack him?
My butler, Hopkins, is suffering from a bout of amnesia after the dining room chandalier fell on him this morning. He know believes himself to be the Master of the House, that the Duchess is his ...

What is wrong with me?
Today i have been feeling really off. I got to college and my stomach was aching and was rumbling away i felt sick and tired. When i went to the loo it was like diarreah but i havent been since. My ...

Appendicitis?
I'm experiencing pain in the right side of the abdomen. It started to hurt about 4 days ago and doesn't really seem to get worse. It hurts when i stand up and start walking, but then it ...

My daughter who is 10 has been passing a very long stool when going to the toilet why is this?
as a mother i am a little worried about her ...

Difficulty Urinating?
im a male 20 yrs old i been to the doctors had a urine test done havent heard anything back yet but i was having a clear discharge so i been taking doxycycline for a couple days but im having ...

dragonbait2009twig19...
What is it called when someone always thinks they're sick?

success_marker
I believe the word you're looking for is "hypochondria". Hope this helps!

SlenderMillie
Rating
hypochondria, and the person is a hypochondriac

&gt;wonder whats next<
me.....in other words

a

hypochondriac

Bittersweet
hypochondriac.

suffer from psychosomatic illness.

tom5251972
i think you are refering to a hypochondriac

lisa m
hypochondria

barbie doll
I don't know the corect spelling but it is this Hypochondriac

floppssey777
They are usually called a "hypocondriac".

eluhnabroad
Just to add to the above: There's also something related called "Munchausen syndrome," where patients invent wild and elaborate stories about imaginary illnesses or injuries.

Slick Alien
Hypochondria

majnun99
Rating
Hypochondria is the most well known term.

Somatization Disorders are where people have unexplained illness or vague physical complaints that appear to be psychogenic (in the mind). Briquet's Syndrome is another name for that.

Body Dysmorphic Disorder is where somebody is preoccupied with an imagined flaw in their appearance that other people can't see.

Conversion Disorder is where someone undergoes some type of psychological trauma and has a psychogenic symptom as result. For example, someone saw something that frightened him so much he is struck blind.

Facticious Disorders (or Munchausen's) are where people fake illness for no apparent reason other than to play the sick role. Factitious Disorder or Munchausen's by Proxy is where they fake the symptoms in someone else, usually a child.

Malingering is where someone fakes an illness to obtain some sort of benefit or to get out of work. (This is not considered a true mental illness).

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy