Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Who can give me a realistic excuse.?
Need bout 5 days off work, starting tomorrow. Its got to be believable.. My minds a blank, or i've over used the simple ones in the past...

Help.
I need this dirty weekend away.!...

Any1 else shocked about the death of steve Irwin the croc hunter?

I've been crying and now my eyes are all red and swollen-how can I take the swelling down?
I'm worried that when I wake up tomorrow morning my eyes will look even worse. I've been splashing loads of cold water in them but it hasn't made much difference to the puffiness. How ...

What causes easy bruising?
I keep finding bruises on myself that you'd think i'd remember causing, but I have no idea where they come from. I feel fine otherwise....

A cure for death?
lately humans have been surviving more now than in the past. the reason why is because of the new technology that we have. death is something that i extremely fear. do you think in the future, there ...

Can u get liver damage from just drinking beer?

I have a drug test in 1 day Ive drank tons of water what else will help?
PLease dont give me answers like dont smoke pothead.
And things like that cause I dont care what you think
ok!
Additional Details
I havent smoked in ten days....

My new born child have 6 fingers on one hand? Should I go with him for surgery?
My hustband is really mad on me. He think is my fault......

What is your blood type?

Additional Details
Mine is B P...

My mom has been having a burning/tingling feeling in her feet, but we don't know the problem. Any suggestions?
We know that the problem is not from the nerves through tests....

What does meth do?
like long term effects? does it make a person uglier? What if you are 16 yrs old and have done it?
Additional Details
im against drugs, im asking on behalf of my ugly ...

My 34yo naive son is about to be engaged to a woman who has an 8yo autistic son. What is ahead for them?

Additional Details
WHOA! I recvd alot of rude answers to my ques. Many misunderstood. LET ME CLARIFY... 1st, my son grew up with learning disabilities that we handled best we could, ...

The Part Under My Eye Keeps Twitching? What's going on?
Like the skin part under my eye. Where people usually get bags under their eyes if they don't get enough sleep around that area,

But why has this been happening so much lately? It'...

I think I am getting depress, what can I do?
I cant stand anymore, my life is a mess, I am having many problems at work, I have no money at all, I am trying to lose weight and in a month I could only lose 2 pounds, I want to cry all the time, ...

I'm stuck on the last question in a charity quiz! Most believable answer gets my thanks - and the points!?
Question: What colour is worn at funerals in Egypt?
I have found nothing conclusive on the "search engines"!...

I have first simptoms of cold. What should I do?

Is it true that they won't do liver transplants on alcoholics?

I'm afraid I may be really sick.?
About 2 days ago, I had terrible pains around ,my ribs and in my legs. Also my stomach had hurt alot. Then yesterday, I felt ok but not the best. Now today, I havn't eaten like anything, and my ...

Should overweight people,and smokers be given the same right to medical treatment as everyone else?
After all they have paid their national insurance like us
Additional Details
Also people who have other addiction problems!...

: Name a major disease associated with cigarettes.?

windupagreg
What does it mean if there is faeces in your vomit?
I'm worried about some traces of bowel movements in my vomit. Also there is a horrible smell and everything is brown.

Part Time Cynic
no idea. But coca cola and chips with mayonaise make your puke look like poo too.

Treefrog
Rating
It means your talking shite

L
Rating
waste only becomes faeces once it has been through your intestines. It is impossible for you to vomit anything more than the contents of your stomach. you can not vomit faeces.

the brown and stench in your sick is where the stomach acids have been breaking down your food.

Little Big Boy
Don't forget to brush your teeth dude.
Don't know what that is but i'm going to keep an eye on these answers

David W
It means you are talking out of your a rse

mr aids
Rating
dont swallow , afterwards spit it out

AGrJo
Rating
I'm no pro here....but I am almost positive you can not vomit feces unless you have been constipated for several days (maybe a week) in which case everything gets backed up. If you have been having regular bowel movements, than you're more than likely "making a mountain out of a mole hill."
Then again, if you truley believe that you threw up feces, you need to contact your doctor or head to the emergency room. BUT - I have a strange feeling that if you really and truley believed that you have vomited feces - you would not be consulting Yahoo Answers about this....
Just my gut feeling...

researcher
There is a term called "coffee ground emesis". This means that your vomit looks like coffee grounds or to some, it may look like feces. This is a sign of some kind of internal bleeding probably caused by an ulcer in your stomach. You should ALWAYS see a doctor when you have this. It is not something that will go away on it's own. You need medical attention.

It could also just be what you ate as to why it looks like feces. Unless, you have some serious inside structural damage, it is unlikely that it is in fact "feces" in your vomit. However, you should just go to the doctor to make sure. You could bring a sample of the vomit with you so they could examine it to make sure.

melly
Rating
brown vomit is a sign of blood
contact your emergency dr or go to a&e now

assassin
you are full

seventy
Rating
Change your diet and stop eating sh*t

VIOLATION KING
SEE your DOCTOR or go to A&E / Emergency room.

jackie m
my dad had that before he died last year as he had a tumour in his bowels and food wasn't going into to bowel - doctor asked if it was like coffee granules? if so get to hospital now.

cuffyn
If you are sure that it is a bowel movement coming with your vomit, then my advice would be to go to the doctor or hospital to get it checked out. Better safe than sorry. Or you could try ringing NHS direct on 08454647 that is, if you are UK. If you tell the nurse/doctor on the phone they can ask you some questions and tell you what to do, they will let you know if you should be going to the doctors or hospital or not.
Ring them, always better to be sure. They also have a website that you can use rather than ringing if you want. Good Luck

sparkey
Rating
it sounds like some how feces have got into your stomach and that is what made you sick
it should be checked by a doctor if you cant get to one call the NHS direct hotline

coffee queen
Rating
you need 2 see a doctor!!

misscacazzy
Rating
it mean go to er asp

ladywiccana
Rating
I've just had a quick look on the brilliant NHS Direct website.
If I were you go immediately to your local A&E NOW if you havent already.
Let us know the outcome and hope you get well soon.

lily
Rating
go to a n e NOW

Ask Gideon
Rating
It means it time to go and see the doctor!! Or its natures way of telling you what im thinking.

helloyou
Either a gastric bleed or an intestinal obstruction.
Go to A and E Dept., or see your Dr. if you can at the weekend.
There is no first aid treatment for this.

jbraggrn
If there is feces in your vomit, there is more than likely an ilius formed in your small bowel. You must go to the ER immediately!! This is a life threatening emergency. Your bowel if full of bacteria and if it is slowed or has a blockage, this cause it to back up. This is not the only problem. Your electrolytes will quickly become messed up, leading to serious health problems. Stop what you are doing and go to the ER. Now.

lisa_b
there's a tear or something in your stomach / bowel area, you really need to go to the gp or hospital as this can be potentially dangerous

linda c
Rating
this happened to my niece too and it turned out to be appedix..she had to have it out.....

lalique
Rating
go to the ER immediately.

Barbie V
go to the hospital NOW this cannot be right

shutyerfaceup
Rating
That's extremely serious........ you MUST get to hospital NOW. Seriously, NOW!

ANDREW B
Rating
fecal vomiting. yes, fecal vomiting.

Please go to A&E or your DR Now...

People had always thought that fecal vomiting was just a myth.
It doesn't seem possible that poop could make its way back up through all of the twists and turns and supposedly one-way doors of the intestinal tract and then make a grand exit through one's mouth. But it is possible indeed.

For this to occur, there has to be something VERY WRONG with you. Fecal vomiting is most definitely a MEDICAL EMERGENCY that requires IMMEDIATE ATTENTION!

The human body has natural survival reflexes that cause it to expel harmful poisons from within. This explains why vomiting and diarrhea are associated with food poisoning, bacterial or viral infections, and so on -- your body is trying to get rid of bad things. Even without having poop in it, vomit is not pleasant by any means. Vomiting (technically called "emesis") is when the contents of your stomach are forcefully ejected through the mouth. So how would poop get back into your stomach?

It is in the intestines when food takes on the characteristics of poop -- not in the stomach. In normal digestion, once food has left the stomach and descended into the small intestine as a liquidy substance called "chyme," it is usually well on its way to the large intestine and then out of the body through the rectum. The valves that pass the chyme from each section of the bowels are pretty much one-way access.

But as we all know, sometimes things are not always as they should be.

Pretty much the only thing that can cause things to go in reverse here is an obstruction in the bowel. An obstruction can either cause things to slowly pile up -- leaving a foot in the door, so to speak -- or can trigger a spasm in the muscles of the intestinal walls that forces the contents of the bowels back into the stomach.

Where things really start to get tricky is the underlying cause of the obstruction to begin with. It could be caused by a tumor, a twist or crimp in a section of the intestine, or compacted fecal matter from prolonged constipation that has caused a backup all the way to the opening of the stomach.

Fecal matter is a waste product filled with toxic stuff waiting to exit. It has no business being in the stomach, and the stomach knows it. The victim usually experiences significant abdominal pain and bloating from the obstruction before eventually vomiting.

Again, the most important fact here is that vomiting feces is a MEDICAL EMERGENCY. If you see and smell **** coming out of your mouth, that is your body's way of telling you to get your *** to a hospital NOW. Vomiting the feces out is only buying you a little bit of time. If the obstruction that caused the **** to back up in the first place is not located, cleared, and repaired, really bad things can happen -- things that, if not treated, will most likely result in your death. fecal vomiting is not a myth.

stuartscott
Faeculent vomiting is a cardinal sign of a bowel obstruction in the large intestine. I have seen it happen in a number of patients. You need to seek medical help urgently.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy