Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Has anyone ever heard of Bell's Palsy?
Have you ever heard of Bell's Palsy, had it, or have it now? I'm just wondering how common it is....

When you have acid reflex, what cant you eat?

Home remedies 4 earache???

Additional Details
at the moment i am cleaning my ears with wet cotton wool buds and very dark ear wax is coming out of them :...

Can you have a upper Endoscopy and be awake with no sedation?

Do you know anything about kidney stones?
does anyone know anything about kidney stones. how are they formed? are they serious? if you need to have surgery done to remove them does that mean that they could cause a problem in later life? is ...

The teacher says that an autistic child in her class injures himself for no reason.Can that be possible?

I have ADHD,my dad says I blink alot and my hand shakes,do I have a tic or tourette syndrome?

Im not Sick, but i cant get rid of this cough, what should i do?
I was sick the day before christmas, but i got better on new years eve.

even though i dont feel sick anymore, i still have this lingering cough that just wont go away, and its starting to ...

HELP!!!! Alcohol and Anti-Depressants (Celexa) - Is it ok to have a few drinks?
Well I am currently taking 40mg's of Celexa, for my anxiety. Now I am going upstate next month, to snowboard and relax. I am going with my friends and I know they are gonna bring some brewskies, ...

What brain muscle controls your pee?

I have an awful cold, any tips for getting shot of it swiftly and safely??? thanks?

How come some drug addicts die of overdoses and some can be injecting for years?
*Just wondering*...

Do seizure's hurt?
Are they painfull? I'm just curious..I'm writing a story and one of the characters has epilepsy....

Hoping someone will have some ideas as to what's wrong w/ my friend?
he's lost over 30lbs and walks stiffly and with a limp. i recently asked him straight out what happened and he changed the subject. he looks like he has some sort of disease. he lives a private ...

I have type 2 diabetes and im getting terrible pains in my feet and legs why is this?

What is turrets syndrome??
everything about turrets ...

I have a sore throat and sore tongue?
i also have a little cough but i do not have any tonsils. id like to know if any one knows what is wrong with me....

Could I be a nurse even if I don't like blood and guts?
I love the healthcare field and researching health and diseases and taking optimum care of my self and others. Every day I can not wait to research what is best for me and others healthwise and how ...

Your brain and sleeping. breathing?
Hey. I just have this really random question. So your brain kinda shuts off and rests while you're asleep. Then how do you breath at night? Because if you're brains like turned off then how ...

I take care of a 90 year old friend. She is nauseous today?
What could I feed her to help her feel better. She doesnt want soup or noodles. She has to eat something. Any ideas?
She took her anti-nausea medicine, its just make her sleepy.......

xnsanemaryjanex
What does it feel like to be put under general anesthesia, plz read on?
I am interested in knowing how it feels right as they are putting you out, is it a scary fadding away or blacking out feeling , help, I am very nervous!

ahmed_2010197
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

Kristin M
they say count bak frm 10.
you get to nine and are like465465 565 156 15 45 4 8 2 good night mommy.

ahaha.
but fer realy you dont feel it at all justl ike "being high"

supergrumpers
Rating
You don't feel like you're 'high'. The person who posted above me is wrong.

They put in the IV needle and tell you start counting backwards from 10. You get to about 9 or 8 and you INSTANTLY wake up. It's over and you have no clue what just happened to you. It's not like when you take a 2 or 3 hour nap and time passes. Time doesn't seem to pass when you're under. You're just counting backwards from 10, then you're being woken up by a nurse. It's instantaneous and there's nothing scary about it.

Cedar
Rating
Not scary at all! I just kind of dimly remember seeing that my doctor was wearing a tie (he always wears one, and I remember thinking it was funny he did even in the OR). After that, nothing! I suppose they must've asked me to count backwards, but I don't much remember.

angel r
when I had surgery the anthologist said that I was going to going to take a nap and I say the white anesthesia go through the tube a few seconds after that I felt myself get really tired and I closed my eyes and I was in dreamland. I woke up about and hour and a half later in a different room. I was in a little pain so they gave me a shot of demerol and that works in seconds, and the last thing I remembered was closing my eyes

Debdebb
Rating
I have had 5 operations and needed anesthesia. It happens so fast, you don't have time to feel scared. Actually you are relaxed, because they let out a little at a time and then your out and before you know it, you wake up in the care unit. It's not bad at all. Don't be nervous, just relax and I'm sure you're going to be just fine. Good Luck!

Laredo
General anesthesia is the sweetest, most peaceful feeling you will ever have. You don't fade away or blackout, you just fall asleep.

sandrarosette
Rating
I have been put out three times, each time it was pretty well the same,
they gave me a shot that sort of burned, and then gave me something in a mask, I vaguely remember some talking and some beeping of the heart monitor, and then I remember waking up.
Each time I didn't feel weird really, just tired, and then like waking up in the morning you don't remember "going to sleep"

Abnormal
Rating
You don't remember going "out" -- or rather, I didn't.

You just wake up . . . you don't fall asleep . . . you just wake up . . . it's hard to describe any other way.

Irkedmonkey
Rating
Anesthesia affects some people differently, but it's nothing to be nervous or scared about. If you're nervous you can ask to talk with the anesthesiologist before you go "under", most are understanding, professional, and should be able to answer your questions. Personally, however, when I was put under anesthesia, it wasn't scary fading away or blacking out. It was more like becoming very tired very quickly, then I was out like a light, it just feels like going to sleep after you've had a very long day.

Susan - ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!
It's not scary at all; mostly because they give you a shot of valium & it makes you not really care. (My mom calls it an "I don't care" shot.) Then you will either go to sleep while you're talking to then or they will have you start counting backwards & you'll drift off to sleep. (*Note - everyone is slightly different.)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy