Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How do I get rid of my gag reflex?
I need to get rid of my gag reflex I hate it can someone please help me!!!!!!!!!...

How long does it take to get over flu had it a fortnight ago and still dont feel right?

Are strokes heridtray?
At the age of 64 my mother had a sever stroke leaving her disabled unable to use her left side at all,,,,, my dad is 68 but for the past two yr he been in ill health he recently went for a brain scan ...

Is spina bifida caused by spinal cord injury or chromosomal disorder?
My text says injury, but also states the damage comes from imperfect development of the spinal cord and spinal column during the first 30 days of fetal development. So, should I put spinal cord ...

What does it mean when your nails appear purple?

What medical problem does my dad have?
My dads' symotoms:
1) blood loss: He needed 4 units of blood after receiving 2 units on Jan 13.
stool is black and sticky.
2) extreme difficulty breathing, needs to ...

Acid reflux?
How do you know if you have acid reflux? What are the symptoms? Is there anything that can help it that is over the counter?...

I have had a sore throat for a long time now. what could be the possible causes?
I did smoke for a while but have now ...

Do all people with Alzheimers eventually have violent outbursts?
So far the lady I'm seeing has remained about the same for the year I've been seeing her (I'm a home support worker). She has no short term memory at all and constantly tells me the ...

My husband has sever pain and stiffness in his shoulder with numbess in his pinkie and ring finger.?
The pain has traveled from his groin area to his left shoulder then to his right shoulder. It is now traveling down his arm. It causes weakness in the uscle to where he cant hold anything for fear he ...

Why do I sweat, even when it's not hot and I'm not exercising? This just started.?

What is the name for the disease if you sleep too much?

In winters my husband does not get an errection and if he does it is not very hard?
but in summers he gets a very hard errection. Is this some type of disease ?...

Is a bluish grey discoloration of the skin under your fingernails a sign of malnourishment?
I know that I have an eating disorder but so far I've been pretty good about hiding it. I seem to remember reading somewhere though that if the skin under your fingernails are more bluish grey ...

Is this anxiety ?
Well Am 16 Year Old . Used to Love going Out every friday and saterday to raves with my mates . Doing the useual things like college and stuff . Then i caught the flu really bad . This was 2 months ...

Does mono reduce you physical strength? meaning does it affect your ability to do pushups and situps and such.

Should I take my son to the doctor or wait?
My son (who is 8 years old)has had a runny nose for about 2 days. This morning he said his throat was a little sore. The school has had a lot of sick kids lately so I figure he has caught something. ...

Katie M
Very scared about having a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy?
In about 3 weeks I am having both procedures and im only 21.... colon cancer runs in my family and all my life ive been having a lot of problems so now they want to do these procedures. I'm a very nervous person anyways and just the thought of this is killing me. Im honestly NOT worried about the prep part. What I am worried about is the actually procedures. Some people are saying you do remember it.... some say you dont... some say you are awake,,, some say you arent,,,!?!? I want to be COMPLETELY out of it so I wont feel or remember a thing.. but I heard this one med "versed?" is really bad?!?! please someone ease my nerves..

serious answers only..... and thank you for helping.. God Bless.

Thurman T
Chug some tylenol pm.

boysandgirl
take with your doctor about the procedures.
i was asleep, didn't feel anything during or after the colonoscopy.
after your test, i pray you will receive good news.
god bless.

The Wardog Group
Everyone here has pretty much told you the facts the only thing we would add is passive courage.
This is when you sit down tell yourself there is absolutely nothing more you can do and the only thing you have to fear is fear itself(to quote the great president Roosevelt)than take a deep breath and start your prep work and believe me this is a job we know we had both procedures.Good Luck:)

dave b
i had a colonoscopy on thursday and I was fully awake...even though they said I wouldn't feel or remember anything. All I can say is get extra drugs or demand to be put under it's not worth the stress during the procedure. The prep is hell too. (the drugs I had were demerol and Versed)

Anama
Tell your doc you want to be out like a light. I have celiac, so I have an endoscopy whenever I have issues. Honestly, the prep really is the worst part of it. Just make sure that if you have any vomiting that they take care of that before they let you go home.
Otherwise it will mercifully all be a blur.
I hear the pill for prep is a lot better than "go lightly" or as we call it, "go every 2 min" at the hospital.
Anyway, just ask to be out, and I wish you the best of luck and health. Blessings! 'Nama

jkrzyzko
Rating
I had the both procedures in March. The prep was not too bad. I think that Fleet sells a mix that you take twice (once the afternoon before, and once the morning of the procedure) and it did not make me sit on the toilet for the rest of the day. In fact, I did not experience too much discomfort at all.

As for the procedure, you are completely out. They tell you that you will not be, but, believe me, I did not feel anything, nor do I remember anything. The spray to deaden your throat is unpleasant (extremely bitter, as I remember), but you are asleep pretty soon anyway. Both procedures took about 45 minutes, and they took out 2 polyps.

The bottom line is that it is better to put up with a little discomfort than to worry about what might be lurking down there. If they catch it early it is no big deal, and I would think that at your age it would be caught early.

Rosemary B
Stop worrying about. I have Crohn's disease and have had them done often. Most doctors will put you out if you ask them. Better to be checked than not.

Good Luck!

Amanda
Rating
Discuss your concerns with your doctor. Most doctors will put you out for it...if you tell him that you definitely want to be put out for it, I'm sure he won't argue with you. Good luck :)

Jayaraman
You need not worry over these very much. To evaluate your health position these tests are to be completed. No doubt they will make you somewhat scary and they also give some uncomfortableness during the procedure and you will be given necessary sedation during the procedure, If not you may tell your doctor to give a mild local anesthesia.

Colooscopy - Colonoscopy is a medical procedure where a long, flexible, tubular instrument called the colonoscope is used to view the entire inner lining of the colon (large intestine) and the rectum. The patient is generally given a sedative and a pain-killer through the IV line. So there will not be any pain during the proceedure.

Endoscopy - Examination of the body's interior through an instrument inserted into a natural opening or an incision, usually as an outpatient procedure. Endoscopes include the upper gastrointestinal endoscope (for the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum), the colonoscope (for the colon), and the bronchoscope (for the bronchial tubes). With fibre optics, much more maneuverable instruments can reach formerly inaccessible sites, while causing much less discomfort. Attachments can take tissue samples, excise polyps and small tumours, and remove foreign objects.

Again here also sedation will be given before performing the procedure

Please therefor do not worry and worry for the result to come alright. Best of luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy