Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Ear piercing infected?
i pierced my own ear about half way up (auricle) 3 days ago its been sore and is starting to get crusty i have been cleaning it with the usual stuff from my last piercing and ive been turning it its ...

Can tension flare up ulcerative colitis?

NOSEBLEED help?
i have this really bad nosebleed and it wont stop! any uncommon suggestions?...

I suffer terrible migraines and have found no solutions. Prevention tablets aren't working. Any suggestions???

Both my knees are weak due to Arthritis. What best can I do from getting it worse and become bed-ridden ?

Bulimia... :'(?
Okay, Im twelve and Im suffering from Bulimia. My guidance counselor and mom know, and took me into the hospital. Now, I came back from it, and all I thought about was throwing up. I think Im going ...

Is there a sickness bug going round in SE England at the moment ?
Just trying to save a trip to the doctors if its something common that I've got. Had Diorrhea and sickness all night and feel very bloated. Been to loo about 20 times in 8 hours.

H...

Do you believe that AIDS is only invented by medical society for business purposes? to invent cure for sale?

Why do smokers houses have flies?
if cigarettes have all these pesticides and chemicals in them wouldn't it make sense that a smokers house would be fly free. or is it possible that second hand smoke isn't as dangerous as ...

Can someone please help me figure out what i have?
i have an ear infection, so bad i can barely hear. and i have a sore throat thats not so bad. i have no energy and i have troubles breathing. and pain in abdomen. the anitbioics don't help and ...

My sister's kid has a problem with drinking alot of water and does it causes kidney problems?

My insurance co. doen't cover nexium what is the next best RX?

Around 6mnths ago i had symptoms of having a stroke?
my speach was slurred and missing out words in sentences,pain in the left side high up in chest,distorted vision,weakness down left side,short term memory loss,passing out(although rare),sleeping ...

I have more of a lump than swelling around my back molars. worried about a tumor or something.?
it is right above my back molars. the bottom molar below it has been removed . im 33 still have wisdom teeth growing in sideways. nervous as crap about it....

Is bipolar disorder a genetic disorder and Is it passed from parents to children?

Pregnant and found to have cancer of kidney op in 8 wks remove kidney should baby come out first?
under 2 docs one for cancer, other for baby, cancer doc ,wants baby left in through out op and take chance i wont go into labour during surgery,he has done this op on a pregnant women only once ...

I urinate too much how can i reduce that?
i mean do urinate many times a day....

Do you think he has autism?
a friend of mine has a son who is now 3 and a half years old, and I think he may have autism. He does not speak he just makes funny noises. he rubs his head against everybody , he doesnt make eye ...

Have you ever been so close to death? (almost died)?
when I was 11, my 7-year old friend shot me in the head. I lost my right eye and I have a glass one now, it also destroyed all my hearing in my right ear. I was in a coma for 12 days without food ...

Marijuana showing up in a blood test? mono?
last time i smoked was saturday and sunday. that was my first time smoking in months. the thing is i have a lot of the symptons of mono and might have to take a blood test for diagnosis. if i would ...

Peanut
The mental illness where people make up diseases for attention?
What is the illness called when people make up a serious condition for attention? I know someone who tells everyone he has cancer, and is going for chemo..He didn't lose his hair, just shaved his head..Still has arm hair..What is it called when they make the disease up? He really played us for attention, and at first we believed him but now are reallt skeptical about anything he says..

bin there dun that
Rating
Hypocondriac or something that sounds like that.
And they don't make it up, they just feel they are a magnet for any symptoms of illness.

If I knew that guy, I would call him a liar.

Pookeygirl
Rating
Hypochondria

CommanderJim
munchausen syndrome

Christin B
It's called munchausen by proxy.

Fidget
Hypochondria. Munchausen is when they make some one ELSE sick purposely to gain sympathy and attention.

carpathian mage
Rating
hypochondriac or more possibly Munchausen

Paulette
Rating
I personally love the Tombstone for the woman that complained all of her life about how bad she always felt.

The she died from her diseases, her tombstone says,

" I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK".

No one can know how someone else truly feels, except that person.

By the way some chemo therapy treatment does not make a person lose their hair.

Lise-Anne
Rating
Munchausen's or he's a hypochondriac.

Aimee L
Rating
KNOW YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU ANSWER!!!!

Hypochondria=when a person thinks they are always sick and will constantly go to doctors, etc... its a paranoia.
Munchausen= people who make themselves sick to get attention.
Munchausen by Proxy= people who make another person ill, usually a child, to get attention.
((In Munchausen cases, these people dont fake being ill, they actually make themselves, or the proxy, fatally ill. Children have died because their "Muchausen moms".))

browneyedgirl623
Rating
Munchausen syndrome

jessjess0310
Rating
hypochondriac is the term you are looking for. and some one who makes up conditions about their child has munchausen syndrome. but don't give up on your friend just yet. some doctors recommend that they shave their heads, so that when the hair falls out its not such a shock to them and others, to walk around with patches of hair on their heads, and some people with cancer and chemo never loose their hair, and some loose the hair on their heads and not the rest of their bodies. so don't give up on your friend just yet.

majnun99
It's called Factitious Disorder in the DSM-IV.

It's also called Munchausen's Disorder, or Munchausen's Disorder by Proxy if someone fakes illness in someone else (usually their child).

They want to play the sick role. If it can be determined the person is doing it to get out of work or to obtain benefits, it's called Malingering. People with Factitious Disorder seem to do it for no particular reason.

People with Hypochondriasis or Somataform Disorder will be preoccupied with illness, but they don't deliberately fake symptoms the way that people with Factitious Disorder will do.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy