Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How do viruses (like the cold) enter your body?

Constant ringing in ears since last night. head cold as cause?
Ive had a cold/flu for the past several days including mucus in throat/congestion, running stuffed nose, sinus pressure, ears feeling blocked, i guess a head cold, etc. well my cold is improving but ...

Bed sores?any suggestions how one can manage them effectively?
this individual is immobile must stay in bed because she is paraplegic with a weak back she can not use a wheelchair....

Does anyone know of a household remedy for constipation?
My 5 yr. old son is having a terrible time. He has just now come to the point of screaming and tears. He is afraid. Last week after a b/m there was a trickle of blood. I, of course, took him to the D...

Will i feel better tomorrow?
Right now i have like cold and a cough. My body has the chills it's aching and i feel cold. I took medicine like 4 hours ago. Will i feel better tomorrow?...

How can I tell if I'm anemic???
I'm always cold when everyone else isn't and my mom and dad always tell me that I need to take iron tablets, what are some other signs of being anemic?...

Why does a cold sore come back?
I have had cold sores since I was young, but they always seem to happen around this time of year, especially since I am in college and stressed now...I know it's not really stress-related, as ...

How do Doctors diagnose Alzheimers' Disease ?

My bro got appendix problem i think its called appendicitis(is it serious)?

This is probably disgusting but please don't make rude comments.?
My anus has been kind of raw the past few days because I've had diarehha from drinking alcohol a lot the past few days and eating crappy and this this morning I noticed a sharp pain in one part ...

Watched my best friend commit suicide.?
I was questioned by this short blonde, very attractive officer a few hours after. Is there any easy way to tell her I really want to get with her?
Additional Details
He actually wasn...

Alcoholic question?
once your an Alcoholic can you just stop cold turkey or do you need help before being able to change.
Additional Details
what i mean though is after doing it for many years can you stop ...

Has anyone ever heard of sleeping paralysis?
just wondered if anyone has suffered with this? I use get it all the time, and was totally freaked out by it. Thank God it has not happened in about a year now. Can anyone tell me why it happens. T...

What do you do about Restless Leg Syndrom?
I have had it for years and just wondered if anyone that suffers from it has found a really good solution for RLS....

Broken Shunt Or Flu? Absolutely Urgent!?
Okay I have a nine year old cousin who has Hydrocephalus, it all started when he said he heard flapping (there was no flapping and no one else heard it) and thought it was a fairy, he laughed about ...

Does any one know how long it should take for Prednisolone to start having an effect?
i have had presistant chest infection for 2 mths now dont feel like i'm getting any better had test just waiting on a chest xray the docs put me on these tabs which have helpd a little just ...

Can over dosing on sleeping pills be fatal?

How long does it take to stop drinking?

I sometimes feel weak and shaky. This happens sometimes even though i have eaten not long before?

Why is it that eating only whole natural foods and avoiding junk.?
will cure osteoarthritis....

♥ Jordyn ♥
My throat hurts so bad that I can barely swallow?
Well, maybe I'm over exaggerating, but it hurts super bad. It's not like a little sore throat, it's basically like a knife is going through it when I swallow. I'm not vomitting, although I coughed up a square up blood last night, and my nose isn't stuffy. Yesterday I couldn't go into any room without a blanket, or else I would have goose bumps all over me, and I would be shaking, but I think that's because I only had 1 hour of sleep. But now my throat pain has really intensified, so I'm wondering what it might be. My dad is a chiropractor and specializes in alternative medicine, so right now I'm doing that route. I don't plan to go to a walk-in clinic, but I would just like to ask someone what it sounds like I have.

P.S. I have no symptoms, I think, of strep.

amy
drink a lot of fluids and take a hot shower. The steam should help relax your muscles. But if you're having those kinds of symptoms I owuld see a doctor right away!

eastofhouston
Rating
Bet your boyfriend wishes you could still swallow

Tin S
First of all we got to get you drinking liquids. And the only one that don't hurt to swallow is PINEAPLE JUICE> YES , no joking.

Sore throats can be caused by many things. Viruses (like those that cause colds) can lead to a sore throat. Bacteria can also cause a sore throat, as can smoking, breathing polluted air, drinking alcohol, and hay fever and other allergies.
Return to top

What is tonsillitis?
Tonsillitis means swelling of the tonsils (at the back of your mouth on each side of your throat). It can cause a sore throat and other symptoms. Signs of strep throat and tonsillitis are often alike (see the box below). Tonsillitis is usually caused by bacteria, though sometimes a virus may be involved.
Return to top

Symptoms of tonsillitis or strep throat
Sore throat
Fever
Headache
Vomiting
White patches in your throat or on your tonsils
Pain when you swallow
Swollen, red tonsils
Sore glands in your jaw and throat

Alternative medicine for anything else but not sore throats or ear aches. The pain is to great. Good luck my friend.

nicole [ilk]
Rating
its more serious than strep probably. tonsilitis maybe. ANYTIME you puke or cough up blood you should go to a doctors or emergency room, it might be a sign of blood/too much blood in your lungs. my friend found this out the hard way. your dads a chiropractor but might not know what to do in THIS situation, since it isnt related to back. go to a doctor asap, theyre open now, its a weekday so you wont need to see the emergency room. but you might need your tonsils removed.

dont take any medicine for it or cough drops, youre not supposed to use them when its this severe.

and i hope you feel better i have a sore throat right now, and i know what it feels like yesterday i couldnt swallow, it took me 3 times to swallow then a drink of water to swallow one bite, and mymom MADE me eat sloppy joes cuz she thinks im anorexic...=/

planelover73
Rating
strep throat, i suggest when going to bed to not face up, and lick your lips for moisture and breath through your mouth, i dont know why but it works for me

Meghan
strep/ tonsilitios.

Elf #3
Rating
Ugh, sounds awful!
Fever, sore throat, coughing up a little blood... sounds like an infection. If you want to use alternative medicine, take immune boosting supplements - Vitamin C, B-complex and zinc.
Gargle with warm salt water to loosen mucus and soothe the pain.

Misty I
Rating
To help with the immediate pain, gargle with the hottest salt water you can stand. I know it does not sound good. But it will coat the throat. I think you need to see a DR. though it sounds like it could be an infection or strep and the longer you wait the worse it will be.

♥bowchickawowow♥
maybe you have tonsillitus? go to ur doctor. or go here:http://symptoms.webmd.com/ hope this helps x

Caseybaby
I just had this nasty virus a few weeks ago with my throat I ended up getting antibotics for it because it was so bad, Goto the doctor and see what it is before it gets worse.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy