Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Panic attacks??someone help please??
Okay this was about 3-ish days ago. I think. So, I was at my apt. and I was home alone. I felt a tingly feeling in my chest kind of. My heart was pounding. I thought I was having a heart attack or ...

What does being in a coma feel like?
to people who have been in a coma, how long were you in it? do you remember what it was like? did you hear anything? is it like sleeping? why where you in a coma? what did it feel like waking up? did ...

Water in the ear. How do you get rid of it.?
The wife had a bath yesterday and still feels as if she has water in her ear. She says it's as if she has went deaf in one ear. Anyone help ??...

I have something that is causing me to fall asleep most of the time I am sitting down, does anyone else have ?
Every time I get home from work I cannot hold my head up! My fiance swears I am on drugs,if I swa anyone this way I would think so too!When I am @ work i drift off while I am driving or get blurry ...

What causes people to do drugs?

Is liver damage from alchohol intake reversable?

Am I harming myself?
I have started to eat toilet tissue but I dont know why, i always chew on eat and then i worry it's bad for me
does anyone actually know if it is?
please ...

Question about fecal matter?
Why is it that sometimes when I go to the bathroom and relieve myself that some of my feces floats and some sinks? I have always wondered this....

Help Plez!?
My mom has a pain in her stomach after eating could she have ...

I have excess urination and i dont have money to see the doctor please give suggestions?
i would like if you give me ideas please because in the night when i go to sleep every minute i feel like urinating and i cant live like this anymore i can suicide please give suggestions....

Help!!! I need to know how to end a severe migraine without taking powerful painkillers.?

Why are people born with defects?
eg:- down Sydrome, Seria P...

What is this?? :(?
headachs in different places of my head i have had dem for 2 weeks

dry mouth and lips
loss of taste
fills sick ...

I am 20 years old and Im loosing lots of my hair, what could it be?
If u know of something similar that has happened to u let me know im very depressed. My hair is thinning out and I feel ugly, and please dont tell me beauty is only skin deep cuz we all know u gotta ...

Uninary infections,why does my girlfriend keep getting them?
My grilfriend keepsa getting uninary infections, she follows all the advice given by her doctor, but yet they keep coming back. se has been in hospital for 4days once and been given the strongest ...

Are there medicines to cure gayness in boys of age 21 years please give me the details of the doctors in b'lor
hi i am a boy of 21 years age and i am a gay i feel bcos i love one of my friend very much and he also like me very well but we both like to **** each other and kiss each other and also sleep with ...

How AIDS started..?
How AIDS started and when......

Everytime i hit myself with the remote control it hurts?
does anyone know why that happens?...

I can't empty myself properly!?
When i urinate, i can never empty it all out, it seems to come out very quickly but then towards the end it feels like it's 'tightening up' inside and although i can feel there's ...

Do i have a brain tumor?
ok it is my summer break and i am going in to high school next year..but lately my arms and legs have felt relly tired all day and i have been sleepy and frequent headaches...coul this be a brain ...

trini chick
My grandmother is 93 yrs old and in hospital and refuses to eat or drink anything. How long can she last with
she fell and fractured her hip and the doctor was suggesting surgery but now is saying she is too weak and they also discovered that she has an atrial fibrillation

amber
at least she has lived a long life <3

pikey
rub her all over with soft cheese(cheddar's ok if you cant get soft cheese) then all the traped goodness will seep into her i did this to my gran and we got another week out of her!!!!!

carmel
Rating
Have you and family ever thought she might be tired and has loss her will to live, try asking her why she will not eat or drink. After all it is her life, so show her some concerns, and tell her how much you love her, it might just help, with her decision on life. Sorry to hear this, but she doesn't have much life left if she doesn't eat or drink, tell her how much you will miss her, and wish she would let the doctors help her. Good luck to you on getting her to listen, and you have my prayers.

seriously_funny
may allah have mercy on her
just be by her side, pray...that's all u can do. HE'll do what's best for her
well, i hope she's not in a lot of pain....take care. of her AND of yourself

john
Rating
well if she acutyly wont eat or drink at all she will be dead in a week tops if she is acutly not drinking or eating

kj
Rating
They will feed her intravenously until her strength improves. I'm so sorry you guys are going through this with her. Unfortunately that sometimes happens as we age like that. Fractures can be very difficult for someone in their 90's. The more will she has to live, the easier it will go for her, and you guys, too. Keep her talking if possible, and try to keep her attitude upbeat. Talk to her about things she can look forward to.

At that age, they tend to have a "finality" in their heads. At 93, my grandmother used to say that buying green bananas was a bad investment. Cancer took her at 99, and as much as I hated it, I think she was jolly well ready to go.

Robert D
Rating
From what I remember, a healthy person can last about 30 days without food or water. Water is the more important item in this case.

dhdaddy2003
sorry. she probably has ten days if she gets fluids.

Dawn
Not long. We can go without food a lot longer than we can go without water.

She is ready to go. Respect her wish. She has had a long life.

Spend time with her by rubbing lotion on her hands. Chapstick for her lips. Read one of her favorite books to her. Play some of her favorite music. In other words, make her as comfortable as possible.

And remember, its not the end. Its just the beginning...

eschewdefeat
My uncle at 99 did the same thing.He had no particular reason to go on, so he just stopped eating. It took a week or so for him to die. The hospital gave him liquids and pain management meds only. His time had come and he chose the way he would go. I really admire him for that. Whose life is it anyway? The medical profession should have no choice but to allow people to die who wish to. Ultimately there is only one person to consider in this matter and that is the one individual affected.

MY LIFE IS MINE. NOT EVEN GOD HAS A SAY IN WHAT I WANT!

mshelten
the normal human body can live 3 days without sustenance i know the feeling you are going through my grandma just got out of the hospital. prayer is a great stress reliever and helps to beat the odds !!!!!!!! hope your situation turns out good!

oh_jo123
Rating
then she is trying to tell you to let her go home and don't make her stay here in this world

Kristi T
Rating
They can feed her and keep her hydrated through her iv but the prognosis doesn't sound good. I'm am very sorry.

Not Guilty!
Rating
It varies from person to person, My uncle died this year (same scenario). He lasted for about 1 1/2 months.

He was 82 and did have an I.V. Without an I.V. I would say she has only days.

jacket2230
Rating
Are they putting fluids through an IV in her? If not she will not last but like 3-4 days if that without water.

CarFreak
Rating
We get a
lot of patients that refuse to eat
If she is running an IV or and NG tube (which goes in the nose or direct to the stomach) and getting parenteral nutrition she will last forever
If she's in the hospital and fractured her hip she's most likely on an IV.
Look on the IV pole or ask the nurse. If there is a bag of water looking stuff hanging, she's fine for hydration
Nutrition is either brown, in a plastic bottle, or yellow like gatorade in a bag
I'm very sorry to hear this, but I see a lot of patients every day that turn around from this and come back

donna d
about 2 weeks i would say they will start feeding her intravenously if they have to.but you want to follow your grandmothers wishes it's so hard my thought are with you.

Suna
My Grandma went through the same stuff. My suggestion is find someone in your family who can convince her to eat. If you do, there's a much higher chance that she'll last longer than otherwise.

Iris R
No long if she does not get water.

Bayla
Your grandmother has a choice..if she refuses to eat or drink at 93 that is her decission.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you. She lived a long life.

I read up on atrial fibrillation..sounds like a lot, for an older person to endure sugery with that condition.

Go Bears!
Rating
The doctors should be able to answer these questions. I can't imagine she will last long not eating and drinking though...

Red
not long if they don't put an IV in her, i am really sorry for your loss.

Mrs. Mad Maddy
Rating
Well they can feed her through the IV, what are the doctors saying? I am sorry, I know you are worried.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy