Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

As a bulimic, what can I use to neutralise the acid in my mouth after purging?
Is there something I can swill in my mouth to protect my teeth from the stomach acid after I vomit?
Additional Details
I suffer from Borderline personality disorder and this is one of my ...

Would you consider caring for a dying relative in your own home?
my brother is dying from liver damage through years and years of drinking, i'd like to bring him home here and care for him but don't know what it would involve and whether i could cope or ...

Is it bad to take ecstacy pills once in a while?
Well obviously, I know its bad, but what damages will it do if I take them like twice a year. I'm young and I probably won't do them after I'm 23 or 24. Now I'm 18 and I only ...

How can i get myself to vomit?
I AM NOT BULEMIC THIS IS NOT AN EATING DISORDER!!

i just wanted to make it clear that i'm not doing this to lose weight. i have a VERY bad stomache ache and i have tried all theese ...

How much do you need to drink each day to qualify as an alchoholic?

Do you believe that you can catch cold by being cold?

"what causes bloody stools?"?

Is something wrong with me? pelase help?
i've been having these new problems now and i'm starting to get really scared. it started out with appetite loss, diarrhea, and trouble sleeping (which has been going on for 2 months). (but ...

What should i eat?
I'm feeling a little under the weather right now. I have a sore throat and a little diarrhea. What should i do to help my throat and what can i eat that wont bother my stomach? Thanks....

How to deal with a 15 year old bed-wetting child?
wets her bed soon after going to sleep even during the day....

Should i have bruised after i donated blood?
i donated blood to the red cross yesterday and they couldnt find my vein in the first arm but still had the needle there. so they did my other arm and got blood and now i have 2 bruises is that ...

How could I verify if I really am the son of Satan ???
I was born in italy ,i 06/06/86
I've got such of strange sign in my head(but I'm not harry potter)
my skin doesn't tolerate salt and church water and my hands get irritated ...

Can drinking swimming pool water cause kidney failure?

What disease has the highest kill rate?
By that I mean, what disease kills the highest amount of people infected
Additional Details
not how many people die, but out of like 3000 people infected, 2999 ...

If i smoke weed today, will i pass a urine test by the 15th of march?

I have blood in my poo for the past 3 weeks. What should i do?
I am at a very small base overseas with less than 150 people. i dont trust the coreman to keep this situation quiet. but at the same time i have heard that blood in your poop can be very serious. i ...

How sick do you feel right now?

What do nits eat?

Married to an alcoholic?
i have been married to him for almost 11 years. he has been sober for about one and a half years, but started drinking about two months ago.he has been on vacation, so he's drunk every day.i ...

Dirrhea? HELP ME?
I have had constant dihrrea all day. I need to know if there is a way to ease the pain of the acid, and if anyone knows what is happening, please tell me. I have no idea why. I am in a lot of pain, ...

cooleystylezr
Is there a medical condition that makes you not get drunk, after years of being drunk?
i drink ALOT. I usaully get drunk and pass out. But recently i noticed, i drink and drink and drink and nothing happens. Yesterday i drank 13 beers to see if i could get drunk. Nothing happened. Is there a medical reason? Is my liver shot?
Additional Details
for example. i drink friday night, takes 6-8 beers to be good. Sunday same deal. But last night i drank 13 or more bbers and never got a buzz, drunk, or even slow with my speech. Not a tolerance related issue sinc ei doubt the tolerance spikes that high, and only for that day.

knightmare_6854
you my fr[ei]nd have a strong liver. if you really wanna get f---d
up i recommend hypnotic mixed with [hennasi]. jeez i wish i was like you. i'd drink everyday. you're like an alcohalic super-man except you don't have any super powers.

Bubbles
Rating
I guess you got immuned to alcohol.

Dave the Wiseman
Rating
Not sure about that one.
Do you see dead people?

Bad Girl
I don't know, but f*ck.. enjoy it!! From what I've heard (and I also drink a LOT) if you are an alcoholic and drink way too much then slowly but surely you need to drink more and more to feel the same. But if you just suddenly feel like this maybe its something else. I think you should go to a doctor seriously and find out. 'Cause whatever, we don't want you dying on us ok!!??

nert
Yes, it's alcohol intolerance. Also known as alcoholism. You'll get drunk, but need to drink much more to do so.

sanat
Rating
you will find it in your mind concentration

pearlbeta
Rating
yeah, i used to drink like 6 -7 bottles a night just to get to sleep. but when there's an occasion for merrymaking like birthdays or what i could drink much more and not feel drunk. maybe it's because of the food you eat before you drink and the activity of the occasion esp. if you're videokeing.

silly colie
its liver cirrhossis .the major caused is from excessive alcohol consumption.its a potentially life-threatening condition.The cirrhossis is the hardening or scarring of the tissue called fibrosis.Its replaces the healthy tissue and preventing it from functioning properly

teazer33
Rating
i think its called, getting used to it since your bloodstream never gets to recover

?
All I can do with someone as stupid as you is shake my head in wonder.

nick031297
well whatever the problem is, I would stay away from it. Don't continuously check your tolerance level. You will be slowly poisoning your liver if it isn't already. If you can't stop drinking, seek help immediately

bnannners
Rating
it's not really a medical condition that causes that your body just gets used to a certain amount of alcohol and it will start to need more to get the feeling of being drunk. your liver is probably not shot yet but if you keep up the pace it will be eventually.

sishakara
your liver is damaged. slow down on the booze and get to a doctor. don't stop drinking without medical supervision. at your point, that could be deadly.

Vikki
You are quickly on your way to health problems - big ones. Get help soon.

TULSI M
Mate you are a light weight! Your not getting Drunk because your not drinking enough! Try Cider & Lager mixed! this should get you Pis ed! About 15 pints should do the job? Add in a little red Wine to taste! hopefully this should do the job?

qwerty
this happen when u drink to much. because u drink so much your body get use to it so it takes more and more to get you drunk like if you were to work out regularly it would take more and more to make u get tired. the thing is even thought your body get use to the feeling of being drunk you will still have your reaction slowed down, you wouldn't be able to walk in a straight line but you still won't will drunk.

cassie.ghoul
Rating
Like pretty much everyone else said, it could be tolerance.

There's a disease called cirrhoses. It's a disease of the liver where just your normal tissue within gets replaced with fiborous tissue. (Basically inflammation). This generally results from alcohol abuse and a couple other things.

That's not something you want to get as it could be and is life threatening.

Weeble316
Alcohol deghydrogenase is the first enzyme which helps to digest alcohol. As alcohol and some of its breakdown products are toxic, the body will produce more enzyme to deal with the toxins more rapidly. Eventually the toxic effect (i.e. being drunk) will occur less frequently as the body will be processing the alcohol more efficiently.

Just stop drinking for a while and your tolerance will fall. If there's not the alcohol for the enzymes to deal with, your body won't bother to expend the energy making so much of them.

simon d
Rating
i think it's called the 'drinking yourself sober syndrome'

TIMOTHY D L
Rating
tolorance

Jess
Rating
Ok well first of all please stop drinking so much, it'll destroy your liver. If you're worried, go to the doctor or search the internet, but maybe your body is just becoming more tolerant of alcohol as you get more used to consuming large amounts of alcohol.

ValleyViolet
Rating
You are brain dead. Get help.

?
i dont know but he best hing to do is to stay away from it.

CRYSTAL S
Rating
yes and yes...your liver is shot & its called alcholism (u r an alchoholic get help!)

ElOsoBravo
Rating
Yeah, there's a medical condition called sobriety.

nudge
i really don't know.. but you probably drink so much all the time , that you can tolerate even more drinking... best bet is to stop drinking so much because in the long run , it can mess you up badly

Chuck N
Rating
No, alcoholism is a progressive disease. Many alcoholics find that they must consume more and more alcohol to achieve the same effects.

I strongly recommend that you check out AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). Attend a few meetings and listen to people talk. You will find many who have stories very similar to the one above.

mel
Rating
built up a tolerance?

FaerieWhings
Rating
You liver may be shot but that's not why you didn't get drunk. I think the medical term is called tolerance.

RIBBIT
It is called building up your tolerance. It makes you drink even more than usual until your liver decides to give up on you. Do you have a red nose? Are your eyes yellow? Get yourself into rehab sweetie and start taking a milk thistle supplement for your liver.

gangadharan_nair
Three general steps are involved in treating the alcoholic once the disorder has been diagnosed: intervention, detoxification, and rehabilitation.
Detoxification is the first phase of treatment. Withdrawal from alcohol is done in a controlled, supervised setting in which medications relieve symptoms. Detoxification usually takes 4 to 7 days. Examination for other medical problems is necessary. For example, liver and blood clotting problems are common. A balanced diet with vitamin supplements is important. Complications associated with the acute withdrawal of alcohol may occur, such as delirium tremens (DT's), which could be fatal. Depression or other underlying mood disorders should be evaluated and treated. Often, alcohol abuse develops from efforts to self-treat an illness
Please see the webpages for more details on Alcoholism.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy