Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Can anyone name someone who has MS (Multiple Sclerosis) who is older say 50 and up who's symptoms are not bad?
Reason I am asking is because I have been diagnosed with MS and my friends can't seem to understand why I don't want to live to be elderly. Now I know many people with MS and I have yet to ...

Help! What is wrong with me??
Since January I have had (about every two weeks) very painful diarrhea, headache, extreme fatigue, weakness, and a flu-like feeling (without a high fever). I will feel good for a couple days or a ...

Chest Pain!!!?
I was on my way home from church and my chest started really hurting!! It is a really sharp pain and it takes my brth away!! i don't think that it is bad enough to go tothe ER but i was ...

Im 15 years old and I have a kidney diease and I already had a kidney transplant my friends make fun of me?
becuase i dont have any arm pit hiar but I got hair down there what can I do to make me have arm pit hair or them to stop making fun of me....

Do you REALLY think a dogs mouth is clean?
Yikes! I cannot believe people think it's ok for a dog to lick you and that their mouth is clean. I read a couple of books on parasites and diseases domestic animals can pass to humans...folks, ...

When i stand up i feel dizzy and faint i;ve been drinking lots of water but i cant figure out whats wrong?
i've already had my blood pressure checked but it keeps happening..
its also gotten worse since ...

Like a glass or 2 of wine a night?
i suffer with kidney failure, will this do any harm. I like red wine.
I have many other medical problems, stroke , heart condition and diabetes. yes I know but I dont smoke never have. I eat ...

Upper right abdominal discomfort, what could it be?
I've had liver fucniton tests, x-rays, other blood tests, urine sample tests, ulta sound of entire abdomen, given meds for possible peptic ulcer (three weeks on pantoloc no change). I'm 23 ...

Desperate! I've had diarrhea for 4 weeks now and i'm being told by the GP I have no infection / bugs present.
I'm a nervous wreck. Daily panic attacks and constant nausea with it too. I just don't know what to do. I've been prescribed Codeine tablets to help with the Diarrhea but am worried ...

What are the symptoms of Anorexia, ?
Could it be caused by depression or a shock to your system?
What if you are just losing...and you have lost your appetite. Food is harder and harder to swallow?...

How many days a person go without a bowel movement?
I have admitted to hospital before for same problem but like 7 yrs. ago. i haven't gone in 8 days and i'm cramping badly and have tried everything....

Frequent urination?
i am 30 yrs male, overweight, healthy otherwise. Since last 2 years i have developed excessive thirst and have to urinate 7-8 times in 24 hours. I do not feel tired nor i experience more hunger than ...

What does it mean when you bruise really easily?

Urinating blood?
blood comes out when I urinate and now I feel a slight pain in the side of my liver....

What is the difference between contussion and concussion?
it is an ailments of nrvous ...

My "OCD" habits ........ Do you guys who are ACTUALLY diagnosed with OCD have these? =======================
I know I don't have OCD... but it sure as hell feels like it. I never felt like going to get an actual diagnosis. LOL.

Before bed, I check the alarm clock about 10 times. I think this ...

I have had a sore throat for 6 months?
I went to the doctor who gave me antibiotics but it came straight back again. What could it be? Am I just a hypochondriac?...

My husband gets severe migrane attacks?
My husband has lately been getting very severe headache attacks. Hewill cry which is not like him.. he sais there so bad he wants to smash his head off the wall! and when he's having them he...

Why are my lgs swollen?

What can my husband do to relieve burning eyes after using the computer at work all day?

silver
Is there a difference between a drunk and a alcoholic?
I know I'll probaly get some stupid answers, but this is a serious question, alcoholism runs in my family!

Max
Rating
They are essentially the same thing, only an "alcoholic" is the technical term for someone who suffers from the disease of alcoholism. A drunk is a more light-hearted term for the same thing.

Drug-Bunny
Rating
yes there is a difference unless you are drunk all the time..
being drunk is if youve had to much to drink...
and being alchoholic is when you are addicted to the drink and drunk most of the time, if you are alchohlic you will feel like you need the drink/be drunk to feel normal or good.

i hope this helps

xoxox

Giacomo
An alchoholic has pretty much mastered drinking, its not a good thing but they are a lot of the time golfers at clubs who sit at the bar all day. Drunks are normally more rowdy than alchoholics are.

Legalalien99
Yes I think, an alcoholic I think is someone that drinks alot routinely like 3-4 times a week but has other things like a 40hr week job and more things and a drunk is someone who wants to drink anytime doesent care about life and ends up on the floor surrounded by urine and possibly a bag of cocaine nearby and still wants more beer. So basically I think you can be an alcoholic w/o being exactly a drunk but a drunk is already an alcoholic with serious issues.

rob
Rating
Well, alcoholism is an addiction. Alcoholosim begins with being drunk. There might be a difference in the intensity. You are an alcoholic when you are addicted to alcohol, and you are drunk when you had too much of an alcoholic beverage or something like that. That may be the difference, hope I helped : )

Kittylips
Rating
a drunk is someone who has drank too much on a particular night an alcoholic is someone who depends on drink xx

light bulb99
just do not do drugs and you'll be good

mnm
Rating
a drunk goes around drinking beer or other alcohol for the plesure.. but an alcoholic is most likely addicted to alcohol and cannot stopp.. u can say it is a verry serious disease...

Tonks95
Rating
no,at least not in my opinion. I guess most drunks prefer the term 'alcoholic' because 'drunk' just sounds like you're getting wasted, where as alcoholic sounds more like a sickness.

lord_andys_new_id
Rating
If someone gets drunk it doesn't mean that they are an alcoholic, but if this is the result that they repeatedly get from drinking they probably are. Whomever this is, they could be still living in the days that it is all fun and thhat even though they can be a little irresponsible, not a lot happens. What the person should know is that the problems with their drinking will increase until they make the desision to go to AA and work the steps.

cement211
one goes to meetings and the other doesn't
LOL..........................

Mel C
Drunk-- habitual drinker
Alcoholic -- person that has a dependence or addiction to alcohol

A drunk can be an alcoholic.
But an alcoholic is not necessarily a drunk.

notorious37
i believe a drunk is somebody who drinks / gets drunk for pleasure and is able to stop. an alcoholic is addicted.

failte1950
Rating
Yes.
I am an alcoholic and have been sober now for six wonderful years.
I did not WANT a drink I NEEDED a drink.
I decame totally dependent on alcohol.
Good Luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy