Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Does anyone like liver?
i think it is sick! even though i havnt tried it...... explain why you like it or not....

Why is canabis illegal .................?
...........when it has a sedative effect and no-body gets violent on it? It can also help people with certain medical conditions. While alcohol is legal and causes people to become violent and ...

Will I have gynecological problems(i.e. not be able to have children) if I walk barefoot and my feet are cold?
My mom says that to me because I always walk barefoot in my home even in winter,but I haven't found anything on the Internet to back that up....

How can i get my husband to quit smoking?
he promises he will quit but but never happens! he says ok after our holiday finishes, or he says ok in new years day! but he never keeps his word! then he gets angry when i tell him to quit! he ...

I was telling a female friend this story and she started screaming, "TMI! TMI"I? What does TMI mean?
3 years ago I was sitting on the toilet when I notice a swollen hard bump on the side of my left ball. I was terrified, I thought I had testicular cancer. It was red, it was swollen, and it was hard. ...

How can I stop drinking alcohol????
I clearly have an alcohol problem....please can any one help...ps I am not in the uk so AA is not an option....
Additional Details

Why do people smoke cigarettes?
I don't see the point of that. Its like suiciding...only in a slow way. Whenever I smell it I start covering up my mouth and nose because I don't want lung cancer...I know nobody does. If ...

What food should u eat if u have diaria?

Is there a cure for stupidness ??

If you could cure one disease what would it be?
I think I'd pick Tourette's Syndrome. What would you pick?...

Today all of a sudden I've been really dizzy and I'm sweating excessivley.. I'm only 14!!?
What could be wrong with me??? Is it some kind of sickness.. virus??? I'm really worried and I'm home alone until 6... should I have my mom come home from work?? I feel like I'm ...

Should I Start Smoking?
I have always enjoyed cigarettes, the smell, the look....Should I start smoking?...

This is gruesome but I would like to know out of morbid curiosity?
what happens to a body when its buried in a coffin? does it liquefy or dry out or what?...

What is this health problem called??
My friend has this little bubble on her thumb and smaller ones surrounding the bigger bubble and it looks as if there are tiny dots inside that.. And so its really red like a bruise, from there its ...

What's a g00d way to cure diarrhea?

What is the best way to stop smoking?

What is this disease?increased thirst,frequint urination,increased hunger and cuts that heal slowly??

Additional Details
but it aint diabeties it starts with the letter T...

What can I use to pass a drug test for meth?

My wife is suffering from severe abdominal pains in the lower left hand side of her body...what is this?
She is suffering from severe pain the lower left abdomen, her tummy is swollen. Its to the left of the belly button, a little bit down, near the hip. She is complaining of severe stabbing pains, and ...

Why are so many smokers under the false impression that they're healthy?
...just because they're not obese or overweight?...

giggles
Is someone who drinks at least a twelve pack of beer a day an alcoholic?
Actually that's on the week nights, the weekends are more because he starts at 11:00 AM. He also seems to get meaner verbally as he drinks.

bmac
Rating
Yes. But it's not so much the quantity as the fact that it's EVERY day/night.

Let's say he was only drinking 2 beers a day. Every day. Either won't stop or can't stop---that's an alcoholic, too. I knew someone who drank 2 glasses of wine every night. EVERY night. No matter what. If that person was traveling, they would pack bottles of wine in their checked luggage. Even if they were flying to NY or Florida. So afraid they wouldn't be able to get to a store right away and get their wine. That person is an alcoholic.

mlgable
Rating
Yes that is an alcoholic. Unless they are ready to get help and stop drinkning there is not much you can do.

Daniel F
yes....

big_swing2002
Rating
Yes.

Lynn B
Rating
Yes! My father was an alcohoic & he didn't drink that much beer a day. But he still had to go to AA meetings. This person needs to seek help, ASAP!

Army Retired Guy
well suppose it depends on how you define alcoholism. But, your liver will take a tremendous amount of damage and will quit functioning early in life for that person.

Bongernet
Rating
Hell yeah. That is not healthy. They need help. I especially hate mean drunks.

Crystal R
Rating
yep that spells alchie to me

KxFx
Rating
DEF.!!@!!

Dec08Mommy
Rating
most likely

FaerieWhings
Yes.

Jess
no question about it, yes. when it is daily and affects your personality yes.

Ched
Rating
yes i would say they are a alcoholic

Mulysa
Rating
Yes.

chrispkreme34
Rating
Oh geesh yes!!!! a social drinker is one who drinks just on any social gathering. That is like me. I only drink a few times a year myself. This person needs help...they have a problem.

Al D
Rating
I'd say yes.

jay k
Yes

Mom of 2 great boys
Rating
Yes!

jessie
Definitely..... If one cannot go without alcohol and is dependent on it - their alcoholics.

Jason
OMG Yes!

Matt S
Rating
yes

ImThizzin'
if he's done that for more than 2 weeks straight then YES its a daily addiction

on the wagon
yup

Lemonada
I would say yes.

Music Box
Rating
definitly. try to see if he can go without it. his reliance is what would define him as an alcoholic.

Silke
Yes, and he won't live too old at that rate.

Little Man
Alcoholism, at least what I've learned, isn't about what or how much someone drinks...it's about the need to drink. An alcoholic feels drawn to it... There are alcoholics that only drink one per day and then there are others that drink more than a fish.

I would suggest getting far away from this person, if they don't listen to your concerns...

Moxie
Rating
Oh, yes...

Barry auh2o
Rating
No.It's an early death waitiing to happen.

tony
yep...what ya got there is a world-class drunkard.

get the fool some help, and don't let the fool drive. he might hurt somebody who is worthwhile.

Your Favorite Writer
Rating
If they deny they have a problem, and would have great difficulty not drinking for any extended period of time (2 days, 1 week, 1 month), yes. If he is hurting those around him, yes. If he needs the alcohol to function and needs it to face relationships and needs it, yes.

A 12 pack of beer a day is expensive, and I think is definitively binge drinking (anything over 5 drinks a day is, if I am not mistaken). No adult should be drinking more than 1 drink a day if they want to be healthy.

I would say that you need to find him help as soon as possible. If he is not ready to help, or becomes abusive when you suggest it, then there is a big problem and is very likely an alcoholic. I have included the website for AA below. Visit it, find a meeting, and go together!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy