Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

If you get sick for eating certain food should you avoid them?
I get indegestion from drinking coffee dose that mean Im intolerant to the beferage? I used to eat spicy food but I also get heart burn when I eat them now.
Additional Details
my ...

What do you think might be wrong with me?
I have the following symptoms: panic attacks, lethargy, shortness of breath, and pressure headaches that are so intense in the evenings that I sometimes pass out. I'd go to my doctor but he'...

Can't sleep?
This summer I started a really bad sleeping habit. I would sometimes stay up till 6-7 am, talking on the phone or going on the computer, sometimes just watching tv. Now I stay up as late as 4-5 am. ...

What could this be? I'm desperate for answers!?
I'm desperate for answers to what I may have. For a month now, I have been sufferering from joint pain so severe it hurts to walk, swollen lymph nodes in my underarms that have gorwn to be 4 1/2 ...

Does drinking only water and nothing else increase urination frequency?
Recently I began to consume more water than usual, and have actually eliminated all other fluids and drink nothing but water.. Ever since I started doing this 2 weeks ago, there are days in which I ...

Im anorexic?
i try to eat
my friends will like push food into my mouth and WATCH me chew it
but if they do make me eat
its little bites at a time
im NOT going anywhere to get help
i ...

Do I have an eating disorder?
For the past four months, I've been on a diet. ( 330 calores a day) and running 3 miles several times a week. I also do about 200 side crunches in the morning. But latelly, I've starting ...

Can recovering Alcoholics drink non alcoholic beer?

Can someone diagnose my disorder,,,?
Im 12 years old and have been feeling
*stressed
*lonely
*very blah
*sick of myself
*headaches every night
*feel like people should feel sorry for me
*Constant mood ...

Help!!!!!! How do you get rid of crabs!?!?
........just built a sand castle....now the tide`s coming in and the lil` fekkers are everywhere......
Additional Details
Sam- good medicine laughter. ;)

Donna- *chuckling* :)...

Does anyone know what this might be?
I have a small blurry object in my vision but only in one eye. Not everything is blurry its like there is something floating in my eye? it doesnt hurt but it get very annoying as each day passes. ...

Help me Im an alcoholic any help is appreciated....no rude answers please?
I am killing myself and I dont know of a quick way to stop this.......43 years old and the body is telling me I only have a short time.......pancreus is the subject right now.....can anyone help??????...

Does anybody know what quality of life is like with one kidney please? Thanks for genuine replies?
My 2 week old son is facing surgery tomorrow ...

What should be done about answers that have factual errors, especially when they are chosen as best answer?

Ecstasy and brain damage?
if you try ecstasy once would u become stupider as in causes brain damage. Destroys brain cells or anything?
Additional Details
and for all u saying im a dumbass for doing it u guys are ...

My eyelids twitch once or twice a minute. am I having a stroke?

Thinking about alcohol?
I am not a huge drinker. I drink wine probably only 3 times/month and even then, it is only a glass or two. Lately, I have been having this desire to consume alcohol a lot more because it takes my ...

What is the home remedy for constipation?

How and why, would a five year old girl have a lymph node under her right arm?
she complained of pain. I took her to the doctors and the doctor pressed and mesured the lump and said it was a lymph node. she also presribed an antibiotic....

Am I the only one who doesn't believe in this Tourettes syndrome?
Why do people with 'Tourettes' swear, why can't they just shout normal words like 'table!?
I think all these syndromes like ADHD, ADD are all attention seeking disorders. Am ...

alanR55
Is it true that your hair and nails carry on growing after death ?

stew_01
Rating
Some bodily processes do carry on until they run out of nutrients needed, so the hair and nails will grow a bit then stop.

interested_party
Rating
I think so. Your nose and ears never stop growing while you are alive either. If you think about it - old men have usually got a big nose and big ears..

Skittles
Rating
yes it is true, although im not sure for how long

diane m
Rating
no

X.hel.X
not at all, the skin rots away giving the illusion that the hair n nails are growing x x

Sadbh
Rating
No it doesn't, the skin just shrinks and retracts, so it appears the hair/nails are growing when really there just more visible

Anne
NO -- but the skin retracts after death giving the appearance that it has gotten longer.

pretty_amazing_2006
Rating
ive always heard that, but i recently read that no , they used to think so back in the day,but it turns out that of course, ur body shrinks while decomposing. dont remember where i read it, but it was pretty interesting. so it looked like ur hair and nails were growing, but actually ur body shrinks during docomposition,so that makes more sense to me,ur cells die when u do.

micksmixxx
Absolutely not! What happens is that the skin shrinks back, giving the impression that the hair and nails continue to grow.

cherryliferun
no

momoftwo
They only appear to grow because the skin is starting to decay. Skin decays faster than hair and nails.

PiNkY
Rating
Not true about the nails - when the body dies, the skin dries out and pulls away from the nails, therefore the nails appear to be longer, but they didn't grow. As far as the hair goes - I wouldn't think it grows after death - that's just urban legend!

Bubbles
Absolutely not true, once someone passes away all the organs do not funtion therefore the nails, hair stops growing.

steely425
No the skin rots away thus making the hir and nails look longer

Melissa, That's me!
No that can't be true. Think about it if all of your systems die, and you're not taking in nutrients, how would you grow anything?

ciaragw
no as xplained above u shrink so it seems your hair an' nails hav grown den after dat the hair and nails rot away demselves an' den ur just bones +definetly not growin.
u no its spooky tinkin bout wat hapens to ur body after death.
xxx

gary l
Rating
its true your nails definetly do ok

montanus
Definitely : NO, it's a urban myth. A few days after someone is passed away, the hairs and nails appears longer, because the body dehydrates and the skin retracts!

crapsake
Rating
Its a popular myth. In actual fact, we shrink after death, which gives the impression that our nails and hair grow. Hope you continue not to shrink for a long while and have a happy life :o).

iilea62
when you die, your body dehydrates and the skin retracts, giving the appearance of the hair and nails growing, but in actuality, they do not.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy