Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

May sound strange but has it ever happened to you?
the problem is that it's been two days and everytime i wee/pee there's always more that i feel wants to come out but something is stopping it. some people have said it could be the cold. B...

Am I going Deaf?
I was wondering if it is normal to have ringing in the ears?...

Does Splenda kill brain cells?

I feel as though I might pass out and I also start to fell shaky?
It's such a strange experience. It's like a very light headed feeling, I start to feel shaky and I feel as if I could pass out.

I feel like this usually about half 4 in the ...

Would a doctor be mad if you asked for a second opinion?
My friend's Dr. wants to remove the valve between her esophagus and small intestine, hoping it will make her quit vomiting. I was told by another doctor that this is major and has many bad side ...

Anyone have some natural cures for constipation?
Im taking soulable fiber pills, drinking a lot of water and trying to avoid eating un-fibery stuff.

But nothings happening :(...

What does it feel like when you wake up from general anesthesia?

Why do people do drugs?
It seems like so many people just waste their lives away, I don't understand upside. Is there anything they do other then feed an addiction?...

I drink alot of water. How much water does it take for someone to get water poisoning?

My husband has hiccups for 5 days now what can be doing it what can he do to get rid of them?
he has a heart condition and ...

What is the worst disease in the world?
i am very curious as to find out what disease is the worst.if you think there is no worst disease say a few. if you could say what they are and how they effect the body that would be extremely useful....

What is this feeling that I get?
Heart racing - tightness of chest - shaking on the inside but not quite on the outside - is it aniexty?...

Do people who work in hospitals get ill more often than those who don't?

Giving up smoking 3rd day today going cold turkey.?

Additional Details
christmas eve i made my mind up first time and 2 days i was miserable, I just hope it gets better wanting 2007 smoke free . Had my first coffee in 3 days and i did ...

Alzheimer's Question?
My mum was diagnosed with Alzheimer's when she was 66. she was in a home when she was 67 and completely taken by the disease 6 months later.

She is now in a wheel chair, in a nappy, ...

I just seem to hate everybody now...?
well, I feel like everybody around me is so immature. School is Just annoying me with the kids there, It would be a very serious topic, like the seal hunt, or Somebody dieing, and then some people ...

Know any quick cures for diarrhea?
ive had diarrhea the last few days and it's really getting frustrating.
Help please....

My alcoholic husband (and drug addict, too) has been clean one month. Should I let him come home yet?
He's been clean one month today. We're in the process of being legally separated. He's begging to come home. Can I believe he can change? He's been going to counseling. I ...

How to handle living with an alcoholic?
how is one supposed ot live with an alcoholic and not let the stress affect them?

I'm 6.5 months pregnant and the stress is affecting the baby. He's telling me that it's my ...

Has anyone got a decent hangover cure?
Yes I know it was Sunday yesterday, but I got a bit carried away.....feel like crap and yes I will 'detox' myself but for today please just give me something to make me feel better. AGGGGHHH...

mo
If you dont eat all the time that your stomach will shrink???
if you eat a lot of food that makes your stomach grow right??
then does that mean that if you dont eat all the time that your stomach will shrink???

Juno
Rating
no, first your muscles shrink because your not getting enough energy, then your fat shrinks, (but it takes a while) then your stomach shrinks!!!

o9checka4
no it will get bloated from gas.

Sarah Mc
Rating
no, what happens is that your body will store any food and you will end up storeing more fat on your body to accomodate for not eating, what you have to do is eat but eat healthly,

JN
Rating
no it wont

Peter
I think it true, but if you snack all day your metabolism stays highest. If you don't eat it will slow down.

Arthur Richards of Kent
you eat three meals a day your smallest meal should be dinner smallest in volume and weight. breakfast should be fruit and grains lunch should be meats dairy and vegetables if each day you weighed what you eat at your meals and each day you lessened the weight by grams in a month it would be down in ounces and in three months down a pound in food intake a day.... you will have already lost fifteen pounds mostly off your waist by then

getfit chick
Yes your stomach will shrink if you eat less. Also that means that you will feel fuller more quickly.

tonie...
Rating
????yeah????

Rating
the less you eat the more your stomach will shrink. yes.

but please keep eating to a reasonable measure!

thekid
Rating
i dont know if it a fact or not, but it seems to happen to me.

BarbieQ
Rating
Yes. Happened to me. At least I think so.

txkathidy
No the stomach is an elastic organ. It may stretch out after many, many years - 40 to 50 if abused by overeating all that time.

The appetite is controlled by a different organ - I've forgotten for sure but I think the pituitary gland controls appetite. I do know the organ that determines if you're full is in the neck.

Your stomach is about the size of your fist. A Nurse Practitioner told me this about a year ago.

So that big thing people point to is not the stomach, it's fat.

The facts of life can be so cruel!

igor r
Rating
true

mohawkmonsoon
Rating
indeed. it can shrink pretty easily. when you fast for several days, at the end of that fast something as simple as an apple can fill you up completely

♥ Tinkerbell ♥
yes it does shrink because ur body is tryin to addapt to the wy you eat and if you rarely eat than your stomach is going to shrink!
xoxo
♥ Tinkerbell ♥

katie w
Rating
ya thts true

glamour04111
Rating
yes

zxcvbnmnbvcxz
yeah. but not permanently or anything...

rochelle
Rating
yepp..it is true.

bruce_aurora
Rating
Remember that for now your stomach is still a part of you so don't strain it please because it is hooked up to all kinds of different body systems that will in general weaken your body. Try exercising your stomach and back muscles and this will pull in your stomach, reform it, and cradle it protectively in your body. AND you will feel great doing it.

luminosa
Rating
Yes your stomach will shrink if you start eating less food. Crash diets is not a good idea though. Just eat until you are satisfied but not full. Soon you will find you get full on less than what you use to eat. That's because your tummy has shrunk. If you don't exercise you tummy will shrink but will be flabby. You want to keep those muscles tight with a good exercise routine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.084
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy