Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Im turning orange help..?
for about 2 weeks now the bottom of my feet, my palms, inbetween my fingers and where my rings are im turning a deep rusty orange,, it comes and goes but never completely gone. have not eaten ...

Can you die if you take 10 extra streanth tylenol pills?
is this true i need to ...

Very scared about having a Colonoscopy and Endoscopy?
In about 3 weeks I am having both procedures and im only 21.... colon cancer runs in my family and all my life ive been having a lot of problems so now they want to do these procedures. I'm a ...

I have a thyroid problem. I'm suppose to take synthroid everyday. Is there something I can take over counter
I don't have insurance and can't afford this medication, is there something I can take that I don't need a percription for. I really can't even afford my doctor visits....

Does getting blood drawn hurt? I'm 14.?
The doctor thinks I'm anemic and have thyroid problems. 5 people in my family have thyroid problems (one has thyroid cancer) and I've been having weird dizzy spells where I get really dizzy ...

Recently my friend was diagnosed with Lupus Have you heard of it?
I'd like to be able to help her out with anything she might need from me yet I know nothing about the desease, I believe if I knew more about the illness I would have more to offer in my helping ...

What does generic mean?
in a medical ...

My vision has been a little blurred since last night??
I went out for a meal with a friend last night, and during the meal realised that my vision was slightly blurred. I thought it might be because I was a little tired.... we only had one bottle of ...

Is it true that poinsettis'a are poiseness?
If so how much of it does it take and what are the sypmtoms?...

Smoking cigarettes is good for a cold?
i have to live with my aunt now and shes really nice but she smokes a lot and i hate it. ive had to live with her for like about a year now and every time i get a cold she makes me like chain smoke a ...

It started with a 13 year old boy pulling at his eye lid which then got red and sore the doctor gave drops but

What is the medical name for ringing or whistling in the ears?

Could u tell me the symtoms of AIDS.?

How do I get rid of my gag reflex?
I need to get rid of my gag reflex I hate it can someone please help me!!!!!!!!!...

How long does it take to get over flu had it a fortnight ago and still dont feel right?

Are strokes heridtray?
At the age of 64 my mother had a sever stroke leaving her disabled unable to use her left side at all,,,,, my dad is 68 but for the past two yr he been in ill health he recently went for a brain scan ...

Is spina bifida caused by spinal cord injury or chromosomal disorder?
My text says injury, but also states the damage comes from imperfect development of the spinal cord and spinal column during the first 30 days of fetal development. So, should I put spinal cord ...

What does it mean when your nails appear purple?

What medical problem does my dad have?
My dads' symotoms:
1) blood loss: He needed 4 units of blood after receiving 2 units on Jan 13.
stool is black and sticky.
2) extreme difficulty breathing, needs to ...

Acid reflux?
How do you know if you have acid reflux? What are the symptoms? Is there anything that can help it that is over the counter?...

mjvbk@verizon.net
If ice cream melts, can you re-freeze it?
I think my daughter got sick from eating icecrea the next day and ir had melted before putting it back in the fridge

the_one_and_only_ickle_monkey
Rating
Please dont refreeze melted icecream... when the temperature of a food item increases the bacteria levels grow...

Bacteria multiply by splitting in half (binary fission) from 8 degrees celcius all the way up to around 63 degrees celcius... They multiply at their fastest around 32 degrees celcius (our body temperature!).

If you refreeze something that has had time to warm up there will be more bacterial activity in that particular food item; as its had the optimum time for the bacteria to grow on the food source at the warmer temperatures ...

Freezing does not kill bacteria it only makes them dormant... The only way to kill bacteria is to heat it up over 63 degrees...

So your icecream would have had bacterial growth whilst it was melting and warming up the temperature scale, then it was frozen leaving the bacteria dormant, then once it was consumed the bacteria got back into action making your daughter poorly.

After working in catering for 9 years I adopted the saying "If in doubt throw it out". Food poisioning is bad.

misty
Rating
your silly it would not refreeze

WindowLicker
re-freezing ice cream usually results in ice crystals inside it. the consistency is lost.

hogan.enterprises
If/when ice cream melts, yes, you can refreeze it. However, you'll want to do it right; i.e. letting it return to refrigerator temperature, then churning it/putting the liquid back into an ice cream freezer. This is because ice cream freezers/churns constantly rotate the mixture, which aerates (puts air into, making it fluffy) the mixture and helps to prevent those nasty little ice crystals.

You don't want the ice cream to return to room temperature or leave the ice cream uncovered while it melts: both of these will promote bacteria growth; which may be part of why your daughter got sick the next day.

Moshi
Rating
You can refreeze ice cream after it's melted, most assuredly within a reasonable amount of time.PLEASE, just be aware that TIME and TEMPERATURE are a major factor in whether or not your refrozen ice cream is safe for consumption.I don't want to come off sounding a bit like an alarmist, but I do want to be realistic.Keep in mind, we don't know if your ice cream was sitting out for ten MINUTES or ten HOURS. There really is big difference.
Keep in mind also, any dairy product is going to begin souring after a certain time, thus, obviously making it not safe to eat (or drink). Depending on the temperaure, it's likely to begin getting sour, stale, yeah, an incredible amount of bacteria (not making it safe to eat) within a couple of hours (or sooner, DEPENDING on the TEMPERATURE). Making your tummy ache a little, shouldn't be too surprising. If you can't finish a bowl of ice cream, you'd be wise to put it back in the freezer right away. Don't keep it setting on the table for the rest of the day and then decide to put it in the freezer for later.Like I said, none of know how much time you're talking about. I can offer this analogy, if it helps,... it's not real likely you would ask your daughter to finish her glass of milk that was served at breakfast, after leaving it set out on the kitchen table to have it at dinner, right? Same concept.Refreeze/Re-Refridgerate,...you get the idea.
If it wasn't that scenario at all with ice cream, she may have felt sick from something else entirely. I trust she's feeling better now.As with ANY FOOD that "feels" questionable, I definetly agree,..."When in doubt, throw it out."

laurieanne72
I wouldn't refreeze it. Just toss it out.

mollyanna
Rating
Yes,dear, but it will have a different texture. The creameries keep it moving while freezing it, so if you just put it in the freezer, it will look different, but it will taaste the same, unless it had been thawed too long and started to go bad.

Angel
Rating
They say you should never refreeze anything. Its probably spoiled. Ice cream is made out of milk and milk spoils quickly.

evillyn
No, it depends on the type but it usually separates. I've eaten it like that before though and never gotten sick. Are you sure its the ice cream.

allyalexmch
that could be the reason, if it was melted long enough for bacteria to form. I know that once you heat up milk you cannot reheat it again or you will get sick.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, October 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy