Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I am a 24 year old female who has been urinating frequently. What does this mean?
I was at work today and had to urinate practically every hour (or less). I have a "small bladder" but it has never been this bad before. It doesn't hurt when I do urniate. I urinate ...

What causes tarry black stools?
yes a concern because ihave cronic waterery stools and have had poylops in the past iam a 52 yrold female could it fom my ...

My boyfriend has a bump under the skin by (not on) his anus what is it?
He told me it feels like an ingrown hair bump but I dont think that those are common in that area. the only reason I know it is there because He told me and then he showed me. It is not visible but u ...

The Early Days of HIV/AIDS.?
I am studying HIV in Health class and I was wondering if you remember anything about the early days or years of the epidemic (1980's-1990's). Especially any personal stories or stories in ...

What the hell is he doing?
"he" is up all hours of the night, he has perscriptions to oxycotin, morphine, and hydrocodine. i have found it chopped up with a straw next to it. he is obiously snorting pills... but how ...

6 year old girl with foul smelling urine?
i checked this site http://www.mayoclinic.co and it said foul smelling urine is usually due to an infection of the kidneys or bladder. but i have been smelling this awful ...

Is this the cold, flu, or more serious?
for six days now i have had a blocked nose, headache, sore throat, dizziness when i stand up. even cough up some blood, but that was only for about 10 min. dont do that now. but i still suffer the ...

What does it mean to have black bowel movements is this serious problem?

Sicking up blood..?
i need to know what medical things are linked with vomitting blood in small quantitiies. please help as much as you can . thankyou...
(bulimia is involved)...

The doctor says that I have a case of cranial-rectal inversion! What IS this, and can I cure it???
It sounds so serious! Somebody help!...

Sound like Food Poisoning?
I am a 21 year old male who has never to his knowledge suffered from food poisoning... until now?

I was on the train from London when about half way I began to feel a bit nauseous. Having ...

Any tips for beating insomnia?
I know I could Google it but I hope there will be some tried and tested methods from 'real' people

I have moved my medications to the mornings, and has helped a little, I get ...

Wot would you do?
If you were told by the Centre for Disease Control that the person who sat next to you on the plane had the most drug-resistant form of a potentially fatal disease, knew that he was infected, didn...

I get a weird sensation then feel like i'm going to pass out??
ok this is hard to explain but.. 3 times in the past 3 weeks i've had a weird sensation where i lose focus and feel dizzy like im gonna pass out.. it hits me and happens really quickly and lasts ...

Is there anyone else out there with Alice in wonderland syndrome? and have you found a cure? I'm still looking
I have had AIWS since I was 7, and I am ready to do anything to get rid of it. I can not possibly live like this any longer.
Additional Details
Thanks for the responses.. but to clarify,<...

What causes Adolescent nosebleeds?

Is cold water hand washing sufficient?
I work with mentally disabled adults and we have no hot water to wash our hands nor do they. I complained to the president but she said they don't want them to burn themselves which I think is ...

For over 11 years no matter what i eat i always vomit it. not all of it juast mouthfuls, what could it be?
When i was little i always brought up mouthfuls of food, i can always tell when i'm going ot do it, i've never told anyone i've been to embaressed to do it. when ever i tried telling ...

Is their a doctor or someone to help me possibly?
I have had chronic fatigue, muscle and joint pain ever since I stopped taking my medications. I have not told my doctor I stopped my medicine because I know what he would say. I was on Predisone 25 ...

Why there's no medicine to cure AIDS?
why they having hard time to find the formula????...

jll
I think my friend is on cocaine. How can I tell?
What are some things that people using cocaine may do? Like some habits and stuff.

dryce conr
first he gets epilepsy on his mocha choco frappsa jok. after that ur 100% in the zone of splashing solomn emhisis. i like bing leeeeee song is the key to unlok the cowed

?
Rating
Jumpiness; being broke all the time, not paying his bills, and asking for money, then never giving it back; acting weirded-out for no apparent reason; staying up for hours and lying about having insomnia to cover his tracks; things begin to disappear in his flat, like the TV or computer, to pay for more drugs. Want me to continue?
The lady below may have given a more comprehensive answer but unless she can type 300 wpm, she Googled it. Mine is from personal experience. I've been sober and clean over a year.

Sharon S
Rating
All of the symptoms in your answers that I've read are accurate, however not all of them are immediate. My brother battled a cocaine addiction for many years and the first signs that he was using again were always his rapid speech and his mood swings. He was in an overly cheerful mood when he was high and miserable when he was coming down.

As his usage continued he would lose tremendous amounts of weight, sleep more, and become less and less social.

Aaron G
If he acts different and his face is messed up.

~♥~
they sniff a lot?..i think...but im not sure.

Ian W
Rating
constant sniffing, itching on the face, blood-shot eyes, and dark circles under the eyes. though these all are symptoms of the cold. still be sure

globar
Rating
Talks fast...nonstop....lot of confidence..especially if they didn't have it before....sniffs ...nosebleeds....

Ezz
They will be pale and pupils will be like crazy dialated after use, bloody nose, will lose weight, paranoid also. Maybe also wierd things around their house. . That is all I can think of.

mylilsims
Rating
what makes you think he is on coke?
I mean most folks do not just jump to coke as the reason for small issues.
You must have a fairly good reason for thinking it.

if you two are really that close pull him up and ask him. Let him know you have noticed some changes and are just wondering what is up with him and ask him straight out is he getting high.
He may still try to hide it but if you come to him as a concerned friend who is not out to change his life (even though YES we know that too is the case no since in setting the alarm on that just yet)

scaredbad
running or bleeding nose. They will act weird when there on it. Ask them to tell a joke, if they cant they are wired up.

Stephen K
They are rather high-strung and "on" all the time

USAGUY
Rating
Sweating, jittery, runny nose, nose bleeds, stealing your stuff, not sleeping or eating, weight lose. To name a few.

pumpkinhead
Rating
I found this for you:

How can you tell if someone you care about is using cocaine? Sometimes it's tough to tell. But there are symptoms you can look for. The symptoms of cocaine use can be baffling. At first they may go unnoticed because they are so subtle. As the symptoms of cocaine use grow larger so does the individuals addiction to cocaine. Cocaine symptoms may start off as simple as a normal nosebleed and can become as extreme as cardiac arrest.

The effects of cocaine are immediate, extremely pleasurable, and brief. Cocaine and crack cocaine both produce intense but short-lived euphoria and can make users feel more energetic. Like caffeine, cocaine produces wakefulness and reduces hunger. Psychological effects include feelings of well-being and a grandiose sense of power and ability mixed with anxiety and restlessness. As the drug wears off, these temporary sensations of mastery are replaced by an intense depression, and the drug abuser will then "crash", becoming lethargic and typically sleeping for several days.

Cocaine addiction can occur very quickly and be very difficult to break. Animal studies have shown that animals will work very hard (press a bar over 10,000 times) for a single injection of cocaine, choose cocaine over food and water, and take cocaine even when this behavior is punished. Animals must have their access to cocaine limited in order not to take toxic or even lethal doses. People addicted to cocaine behave similarly. They will go to great lengths to get cocaine and continue to take it even when it hurts their school or job performance and their relationships with loved ones.

If someone you care about has one or more of the following symptoms of cocaine use, he or she may be using cocaine or other illicit drugs:

* Red, bloodshot eyes
* A runny nose, frequently sniffing, or bloody nose
* A change in eating or sleeping patterns
* A change in groups of friends
* A change in school grades or behavior
* Acting withdrawn, depressed, tired, or careless about personal appearance
* Losing interest in school, family, or activities he or she used to enjoy
* Frequently needing money
* Anxiety
* Panic
* Increased energy
* Talking rapidly
* Rapid pulse and respiration
* Paranoia
* Confusion
* Dilated pupils
* Hallucinations
* Altered motor activities (tremors, hyperactivity)
* Stereotyped, repetitive behavior
* Anger
* Impaired judgment
* Perspiration or chills
* Nausea or vomiting
* Evidence of weight loss

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy