Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Ways to Alleviate Constipation?
I suffer from a chronic constipation, and I have yet to find a laxative that fully rids me of my constipation woes. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this constiaption? And soon?...

Constipation? HELP!?
My sweet 16 year old daughter is very sick. 2 weeks ago she started complaining about her lower back and vomiting so i took her to the doctors. They did the pee thing to check for kidney and urine ...

Can epilepsy go away.?
Ive had it since i was four or five....

I want children in the future, how can I find out if I can? HELP?
I’ve been on and off on being anorexia and bulimia since I was 15 or 16, to the point where I have lost only 2 and half stone. i have never been admitted to hospital and i havnt bleeded. I’m 24 ...

What if you get ALZHEIMER'S???
I'm thinking of my family and what I would expect of them if I contracted alzheimer's. Do I expect them to nurse me personally? Take time off work, do all the feeding, cleaning, ...

Burning and frequent peeing?
hey im not sure what this is, but im peeing ALOT! i have urgent sensations and it burns too. what could cause it? i thought it was UTI but i still have these symptoms. it doesnt get worse or even ...

Should I go to the emergency room?
I have tonsillitis, and it infected my inner ear, and ruptured my eardrum, but it seems manageable now. I'm taking a natural antibiotic, aspirin, C, and zinc. And watching what I eat and resting....

What is fibromyalgia?

I'm bulimic.!!?
a have beeen bulimic for the past 3 months, i have been purging every day.. i am at the point where i can´t help .. i need help because its taking over my life and i don´t know how to bring it up ...

Is it gout or could it be something else?
My husband has been having severe pain,redness and swelling in his right foot.It has been diagnoised as gout.It has not responded at all to the usual treatments such as steroid injections,NSAIDs,...

What are the serious side-effects of marijuana?
like diseases? deaths? minor things?...

My grandmas get a lot swelling in her left ankle and won't go to the doctor
Any ideas what is could be? I'm worried because my other grandma had swelling in her ankles and it turns out to be hodgkins lymphoma.

She is 83, stubborn and won't see a doctor.<...

What is tramadol for?

Do you ever get so irritated that you just feel like biting someone's face off?
That's how I feel tonight....

Wat if u ich aclot and u see blood wat tyhat means and everytime u wipe yourself it burms wat is that?
it hurts when u ...

What is hemophylia?

Drug companies hate the word cure why?

Additional Details
I "dug up" the question because I have looked at the many very wealthy drugs companies, and see that most sponsor some big charities.
I cannot find ...

What are the signs of being addicted to vicotin?
My husband has a back injury and has been put on Vicotin 500 mg. he has asked his doctor to up his dose and the doctor told him that he could not because that was a sign of becoming addicted. I would ...

What can an emergency room Dr. do to treat insomnia?
Does knockout gas put you to sleep? Or do you just loose conciousness w/o sleep?...

If a person has the following symptoms what might they have? Vomiting can’t hold any food down,?
Constant headaches, Nose Bleeds, Loosing weight, Low iron, Loss of blood, An Had a Goal stone once before. And sharp pain in the chest and lower stomach. As well as back pains. This person has been ...

Darlene S Q
I get severe leg cramps at night what can I do to get help?
I went to one dr she said that i have restless leg syndrome but i don't think that right. The symptoms aren't the same. my new dr. says that i have nocturnal leg cramps. what causes this?

nugendude
Rating
well its probally either you need a new matress because you dont get good sleep. The way you can help it is probally rub it till its gets better or stretch that usaully helps me when I used to get them

Sexysassy20something
Hey first off you gotta get your cholesterol levels checked if you are having circulatory problems in your legs. High cholesterol plus poor circulation equals better chances of forming blood clots which can travel to your heart and give you a .....yes heart attack.
Nocturnal cramps are basically a result of poor circulation during a time when your muscles arent actively working to push that deoxygenated blood through your body. My number one suggestion is to try doing stretches and go to the gym and build up those leg muscles. Or try putting your legs up on pillows this might help depending on the cause of your nocturnal cramps.
And apply the answer from the girl that spoke about lactic acid in the blood she's right. Dont go running around the house and then immediatly jump into bed ya gotta take your time. And Calcium depletion can cause bone pain. But if you lay in bed all day and dont do exercise to get your body to compact the Calcium into your bone you might have high levels of calcuim floating around in your blood stream and that also can be the cause of pain.
Oh yeah and make sure your drinking enough fluids throughout the day. Cut out the caffeine it dehydrates you and stop smoking cause it screws with your circulation. And if your on Birth Control go back to your doctor and either get the hell off those pill ASAP or get a lower dose pill!!!!!!

paulipauli
bad blood circulation, try putting one or two pillows under your legs, if that doesn;t help go to an orthopedist, it might be the cyatic nerve

Marilyn H
Rating
Sometimes leg cramps can also be from not enough potassium in your system.

silkeng
Maybe you need more calcium. That can cause leg cramps. lack of calcium.

Crazy shopper
Rating
I am not a doctor but, I had similar thing ,you may lack some vitamines like B complex

Glenn B
Rating
Take quinine pills,

pickle.43@btinternet.com
Rating
It's not potassium you lack it's salt. Either try putting more salt in your food, or you can get salt tablets that you will be able totolerate until you have had enough.

RobynGee
Do you take cholesterol lowering medicine? I read that these medicines can cause leg cramps.
Do you exercise and not stretch out afterwards? Maybe you need to stretch your muscles before bed. But, my first thought when I read your question was that you're not getting enough magnesium, or else you should drink gatorade before bed to get your sodium levels up in case your electrolytes are low. There is a blood test to check your electrolytes.

sapphirafire
Rating
In general, muscle cramps can be caused by two things... lack of potassium/calcium... or build up of lactic acid.

The lactic acid build up happens when you are using the muscles for over a few minutes. If this might be the case, try to relax your legs for at least an hour before you go to bed.

For the lack of potassium/calcium, try eating a piece of fruit (preferable a banana) about a half hour before you go to bed. Our nursing instructor swears by this method.

Hope you feel better soon!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy