Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :
   Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

 Tinnitus and Hopi Ear Candling?
I've recently heard that Hopi Ear Candling has been known to help tinnitus. I've suffered with this following spinal surgery and a CSF for 2 years now. During the day at work it's ...

 What are some cures for hiccups?
I'm doing a speech on different ways to cure hiccups, tell me some of your most outrageous ways to cure hiccups!...

 I need to know something..... a cure ...?
i need to know how to get rid stomach ...

 Y is urine clear @ one time and yellow/gold color @ another time?
is this normal if not what is(its not cloudy)...

 Is tourett syndrome communicable?

 Eye problems Does anyone know how to get rid of eye migranes?
i have had a migrane in my right eye on and off for 4 years! it causes extreme pain in the eye and causes my forehead and temple area to tighten up! doctor doesnt know!! thanks!...

 Are we INTENTIONALLY not curing diseases?
I mean... it seems to me... that We as a global-society say that we WANT to cure disease, but the fact is that doctors and hospitals and drug companies and health insurance companies, woud loose ...

 Does anyone know how to cure a UTI from home?

 What if my wife has lost feeling to the left side of her whole body and her lower chest hurts???

 What are some signs or symptoms of kidney damage?
I used to be addicted to narcotic painkillers, many of which contained acetaminophen or ibuprofen along with the narcotic. I was a drinker too. It's been about 3 years since I stopped. They ...

 MEDICAL HELP- What is wrong with me?
I've had a sore throat for about 3 days..
the pain goes up and down but I have noticed it radiating into my ears..
This morning my throat was hurting pretty bad
all of the sudden I...

 What is an auto immune disease?
I was told my ANA results were high, and I may have some kind of auto immune ...

 My friend went to the hospital to have her blood pressure taken, turned out to be 215 under 139?
the doctor mentioned to her something about her being in the early stages of HTN, she aint gotta clue what this means as the doctor would not explain properly to her, anyone know what this is?

 Does anyone know anything about pink eye?
My son has been very sick and was also diagnosed with Pink Eye. He felt like something was in it and I checked it. The inside of the upper eyelid is very red and there are two small white bumps on it....

 How do people go blind?

 If i think i might have some kind of back problem, how should i get checked out?
It may be DDD [Degenerative Disc Disease(family history)] or something else or possibly nothing, I just dont know but it has been bothering me for a while now and i would like to find out if it is ...

 Help!!!!! I just found out my thirteen month may have fetal alcohol syndome?
I didn't drink after I found out I was pregnant but they said the couple weeks before I found out was enough. I don't know anything about the disease. can someone help me learn more. If ...

 What is this bump behind my ear?
Today after i got home from school i asked my brother to rub my neck bc today was the last day of Mid-Terms, so I've been stressed plus i had been in a fight with my boyfriend, but anyways he ...

 Which is the best medecine to cure malaria?

 Is there a "you'll never get fat" disease?
I think its a disease in the bones...I know it does exist but i don't know if what it's called and what are the symptoms.
Additional Details
I know somebody who have this ...

I can no longer work because of physical disabilities, but I can't get any help because I have no income. Help
I have deterioration in upper and lower spine. I have 2 herrington rods in my spine that should have been removed too many years ago. I have Marfan Syndrome. My ankles, knees, hips, and shoulders are greatly affected by the disorder. I can't stand without pain or assistance of a cane. I can only walk short distances without too much pain from my spine. I have worked manual labor jobs all my life because the opprotunity to better myself always came in second to my family's need to be provided for. I made many wrong decisions in life, starting with choosing my partner to have a family with. I was a single mom that had to keep a roof over the childrens head and food in their stomach, so I worked any job that I could get my hands on. Now they are raised, I can't physically work anymore, and I have no means of income. If I get any more poor, I'll lose the only thing that I have: my home. The thought of being homeless is scarey. How can I get help?

go to a women's shelter

You must not live in America then because if you did you could apply for assistance. You could collect disability as well as get food assistance for your children.

I have no idea how to do it I just know it's available.

Gypsy Girl
Apply for public assistance. If you are in the US you can apply to Social Security Disability to get some money each month. You may be eligible for other forms of assistance.

I would IMMEDIATELY talk to an attorney that deals with disability..if they don't win, you don't pay. This process of course will take several years..Took me 4. We have all made mistakes that we wish we could take back and redo..call the churches, all cities have food banks..check on food stamps..if you qualify you will get them within 10 days. I am assuming your kids can't or won't help you. There are several places to help with utilities, etc. If you lose your home (and I hope you don't) apply for govt. housing..it's based on your income..You may be able to medical coverage too..First talk to a lawyer, then go to apply for food stamps, medical aid etc at dept of Human Services..then go to the food bank/call the churches..most churches will help even if they only give you food for 2 weeks. Catholic charities will also help (if there is any $ available). I have been where you are several times..My heart goes out to you.

Apply for soc. sec. benefits, medicare, and ask your church and the Salvation Army for help. Your children should be helping you out also.

you may qualify for SSI. if you have worked long enough, you might be able to get social security if you are totaled out by a doctor.

you could start by applying for SSI, there are attorneys that specialize in helping people in your situation. They won't charge you anything except if you win, and I believe that cost is very low. Another bonus is that benefits start from the time the dissbility began, so you may get a chunk of money and then normal monthly checks after that.

Good Luck

First of all you need to go see a lawyer RIGHT NOW. Apply for Disability and SSI. Also, go NOW and apply for all the help you can get, including but not limited to: food stamps, welfare, TANF, housing assistance, energy assistance, etc. Also, there are many churches that will pay bills for you until you can get help elsewhere. Don't be afraid to ASK FOR HELP. Yeah, you are going to hear a lot of the word "No", but if you don't ask, no one will ever tell you "Yes".

lindsey s
you could contact your local food pantry they usually will donate money but then you could contact the gov't and get on welfare

Have you thought applying for Social Security Disability? In the meantime, please talk to your county health department and economic support office. Don't be afraid to talk to your local Salvation Army too and go to the food pantries.

I am also attaching some general disability resources for you.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Terms of use - Privacy Policy