Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I am color blind ?
I have problems with red and green colors I discover that about 6 years ago, how crazy I was living my Life and never noticed I cant see well colors.

I hear some people with time, they ...

How can I tell if my appendix has ruptured??
The lower left part of my stomach is hurting really bad when I put any pressure on it and it hurts worse when I go urinate, and my mom told me my appendix may have ruptured so I really need to know. T...

What is the best cure for a urinary tract infection?

Help me plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
plz help i keep on havin dirrohoea i wake up in the morning and its there all ova my bed.i spend alot of my time on the bog because of this prob,i cant go anywhere now help ...

What is Anorexia?
I seen the people and what can happen but i wanted to know how it's caused? How do you know if you got it? I know there is more than meets the eye then the thin person we see. Many thanks (hope ...

CHICKENPOX help, please?
i have some spots on my neck, arm and legs. i think they might be chickenpox, but im not sure. the ones on my legs and arm look like mosquito bites and the one on my neck looks like anant bite or ...

Sometimes my vision goes dark in one eye like half my eye was covered with a black sheet.?
It usually doesn't last long and I feel fine. What could cause this?...

What is an upper gi endoscopy like?. Does it hurt and any after effects?

My gums are bleeding, I have been to dentist and my teeth have no bacteria,tarta etc what else could it be?
They bleed when I eat or even lightly touch them, then other times of the month they are fine? Does anyone have any ideas?...

Why is it that I get nauseous everytime I read in the car?
I get really nauseous every time I attempt to read in a moving vehicle (car). Whether it's a book, magazine, newspaper or a small piece of writing, I get extremely nauseous that I start to gag. T...

Is there a cure for sickle cell anemia?
I was told that I would not live past twenty one well I am now forty five. I have really bad crisis, and find most info is for babies and children....

Abdominal Pain. Is it appedencitis, or gall bladder disease?! It's giving me a lot of toruble!?
I first started off with a little pain on my right side (where "lovehandles" would be) this has been happening for about 2 months and recently I get 'episodes' where my whole ...

I have lost my voice!!! How ridiculous!!! HELP!!!!!!?
I got a cold over the bank holiday weekend (which was bad enough as it is!!) and now i can't actually make any sounds through my throat even though i feel fine in every other way! Laryngitis is ...

HELP..Anyone heard of this condition?
This past March I had what I thought was the Flu for a few days. After a week the symptoms lessened but never went away. After 3-4 weeks of flu like symtoms (achey muscles, fatigue,dizziness, nausea )...

I have been feeling lightheaded and tired is that my blood.?

Is there a way to cure a Lazy eye at 16?

Additional Details
its not blrry or anything but just not as stonger then my right eye. My right eye is brillient but the left eye isn't

i had it since i was little it ...

Help! i sleep too much and at weird times! what can i do to fix my sleep pattern, without medication?
My sleep pattern is ruining my life :( I miss out on a lot and don't anything done because of it. I sometimes sleep over 13 hours in a day. And even then, wake up tired. And if I happen to ...

When will I be able to sleep again?
After taking NyQuil for a couple of months as a sleep aid, I mentioned in previous posts that when I ended it... I could no longer sleep at night. While taking it, I started getting sleep paralysis ...

3 reasons of why to support the drinking age of 21?

Kidney Stones?
In July I was diagnosed w/kidney stones. Woke up in middle of night w/worse pain ever..etc. CT scan showed 1 stone in right many in left kidney. Said they were small enough to pass.. Ok. Here we ...

Amanda D
How long do antibiotics usually take to start working?
My daughter, who is 7 months old, was prescribed amoxicillin yesterday for a chest infection. I forgot to ask doc how long it would take before she was better. Anyone know from experience?

AmandaNikolah
Rating
A week.

Doc8
If this is a viral infection, the antibiotics are completely ineffective and should not have been given. If it is a sensitive bacteria, unlikely, 36 hour should show improvement.

myway
normally it will start in 30 minutes, it is a very strong antibiotics, be careful when you use it, cos it has so many side effects.

Amelie
Rating
If it doesn't work within two days, you should call the doctor. I once had an experience of waiting and waiting for the antibiotics to work, and my child just got sicker. When I took him back the doctor explained that the bacteria sometimes have a resistance against the antibiotics, so he described something else which immediately helped. Good luck, she'll soon be fine!

sheepy
it takes about 24-48 hours for medicine to kick in and should start noticing improvement in 4 days

abilityunknown
take 24 hours to begin working but it is VITAL you finish the course even if she seems better...it will be working by now...and make sure you keep it in the fridge...hope she gets better soon....x

papaz71
Rating
They start working as soon as you take them but you don't start feeling better until sometime after 24 hrs. Kids your daughters age don't usually even know they are sick. You feel worse than they do out of sympathy. She should show real signs of improvement in two or three days.

thumper rabbit
24 hrs.hope she feels better soon

kasi_j
Antibiotics usually start working, and by working I mean you should see improvement in 24-48 hours. However, just because you see improvement never discontinue use of the antibiotics. Always finish the amount the physician prescribed for you or your child as they continue to work even after the supply is gone.

mt982000
Rating
It might be different for a chest infection, but it took 2 days for me to signifigantly recover from a throat infection after taking antibiotics, and completely fixed in 3 days. It started to improve within 6 hours of taking the tablet.

grace_h_d_360
can take up to 3 days... but if they take an longer i'd consult your doctor

spensmum
It usually takes between 24-48 hours for the antibiotics to get into your system. In all around 4-5 days you should see the effect. Hope shes feeling better soon, its awful when the young ones are ill they cant tell us how they feel. x

VONY
Rating
Follow the instructions on the bottle! In general, if you take the full course of antibiotics then your wee daughter should be better.

The best advice and assistance can often be obtained from your local pharmacy who can offer such things as Calpol, Vicks Vapour Rub and Benylin Cough Mixture which can help ease your child's symptoms until the antibiotics take full affect.

Only good mum's like you would bother to ask a question like this here! So keep being a good nurse!

A True Gentleman
I took amoxicillin recently for a gum problem...Sorry to say that it is 24 - 48 hours. And when your in pain, those hours seem to last an eternity. Hope your daughters recover soon.

Kesta‚ô•
Rating
Depends on the child, how her immune system is, etc, but generally you should see an improvement very soon. The important thing, and this is vital, that you always finish the course the doctor proscribed. The whole bottle must be finished. If the label states take 3 times a day, do this until the entire bottle is finished. Even if she seems so much better. The proscription takes into account the germ, the age of your daughter, her approximate weight. The bacteria will come back if the entire dose isn't finished. This is why so many young children develop secondary illnesses, like a chest infection, ear infections, kidney infections, because parents feel safe when their child is showing a great improvement. Don't be fooled by her recovery, finish giving her the amount in the bottle.

ambertottie
Rating
its usually 24 hours, and they continue to work after you have taken your last tablet. Wish your little girl better.

Miranda Girl
24 - 48 hours for pills to work. An injection works right away.

Michael L
Rating
Usually three days, but you may see a difference in 24-36 hours. Whatever, it is best to take ALL of the medicine, as a temporary relief may not be enough to battle the entire infection. Be careful though, antibiotics also kill the "good" bacteria found in the colon, so she may get diarrhea. Make sure she is hydrated and contact the doctor if there is anything unusual.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, April 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy