Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

My husband needs help!!!?
my husband is really ill. he hasn't been the same for ages and seems to be getting worse. he keeps going to the docs eventhough he hates it but they just shrug it off like nothing the matter. he ...

What happens to your body when you don't eat?
I know this is the disease anorexia, but what actually takes place in your body when you don't consume food, and go a few days without eating at all and just consuming beverages?...

Are strokes caused by stress?

What is your fear or worse nightmare?
What would make you freeze and get chils down your spine, finding it difficult to move and breathe?...

Hi. When I stay in the sun ("sun basking") for a little too long, I get a headache. What could be the reason?

Hi on the left side of my abdomin there is a bulge. I can feel the difference between both sides. any Suggesti
ons as to what this could be?...

How do you get rid of bags under your eyes?

What would a brain tumor look like on your head? Could it be like a small bump on your forehead?

I've been dizzy for over a month now what could this be?

Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?

Medical question re: my 12 year old daughter?
My daughter has been tired, short of breath, cold, and moody for the past several months. I thought that she might have a thyroid problem, so I had that checked out and she was okay there. She is ...

Why I feel uneasy after dinner?

Why doesn't my doctor ever prescribe antibiotics?
yestersay i went to the medical centre.
both my son and i have had a cold for the last week.i have had a sore throat,ears and headaches,basically i feel like crap.
last time this happened ...

What Mental Disorder would this classify as?
Well, I keep the T.V. on whenever i go to bed, the noise helps me sleep. When i am in my own living room for a drink or something when it's 1am or something i feel as if i am in danger, like ...

Which drug is a stronger or more effective tranquilizer, Ativan or Klonopin?

How do blind people know when they are done wiping?
Everyones thinkin it im just sayin ...

Oxycontin - side effects???
I have recently been prescribed oxycontin for chronic nerve pain, that nothing else has successfully treated. It's helping a lot with the pain, but the side effects - nausea, dizziness are ...

How do i identify an pill i found in my sons pocket?
he said that his friend gave it to him,it is rectangular and has 4 parts on it, and is white....

Help please my cousin is in hospital and they cant diagnose the problem.?
Shes 14 been having stomach cramps for months since she was on holiday in barbados.But now shes experiencing lost of appetite losing strength almost flue type symtoms.When she was in Barbados they ...

Am I dying?
i get bloody noses like EVERYDAY and my throat is sore sore sore. its been going on for a while!! whats happening??
Additional Details
by the way its been going on for weeks. and i ...

VolleyVixen75
How long after you think u ate something bad does food poisioning set in?
I went to eat at a chinese restaurant today and took a bite of the eggroll. It had a funny taste but Im not sure if it was bad as it didnt smell bad. I know that it wasnt normal because I've eaten their eggrolls before. Im wondering if it was just deep fried in some old oil or something. Anyways, how long is it? I've heard 12 hours ?? Is this true? THanks/

* Jess * Jess *
I think it really depends on the food that you eat. I tried looking on the Internet for anymore information but I really couldn't find anything to help ya. But ya from personal experience it can take anywhere from 1 hour to like 24 hours for the actual sickness of food poisoning to set in.

I hope I helped and if your sick I hope you feel better Soon!

Billy
Around 7-8 Hours I almost Died With Food Poisioning Before When I Ate Meatballs from The Deli Section At My Local Supermarket!

The Doctor Told Me 7-8 Hrs Believe Me You'll Know If It Is Food Poisioning You Feel Like Your Dying!

ZAHR-IZZLE
Rating
ive had food poisioning adn it didn't take longer than 12 hourz to kik in (ur rite) have fun throwing up! i sure did..!

Heather-Nicolle
Rating
Anywhere from 2 - 6 hours is normal. It could take 12 hours or more though in some cases.

?
Rating
If its "food poisoning"..usually within 2 hours you'll feel stomach pain and begin vomiting...its the digestive tract rejecting the bacteria...vomiting, etc soon follows...yck...its most painful...
Feel better soon let it take its course...

?
a day

Wai
Normally, your stomach should hurt within a few hours or have diarrhea. Good luck with that.

Randy
Rating
Depends upon the degree of poisoning... you can project vomit just from the taste of rotten food or get nausea 20 minutes later. it all depends.

Bubble T
Well, I got food poisioning after eating candy cane, and it came like a couple hours (only a few) after I ate the candy. Well, it got really painful and I kept on puking and then I had to go to the hospital and they gave me this special medicine. lol

cc ccddcdcdcdcccdcdc
Well for me, I had food poisoning and it took me three hours to get totally sick. O.o

Carl_the_Truth
Rating
Something like 12 to 24 hours...

mischa
It depends on the type of poisioning, if it is a chemical it can be instantaneous, if it is a food borne illness it will take a few hours. It depends on how long the toxins take to replicate or build up in your system. Most times it seems to start within 3 to 10 hours before I see people come to the hospital for treatment. The nausea and vomitting, or diaherra are usually why people come in.

shootingstar0212
It depends. My sister got food poisoning and started getting sick 2 hours after she ate the food.

pandora078
you will notice symptoms within 24 hrs

helterskelter_beatles
Rating
it all depends on what type of food posining it is, bacterial, viral or if it was a physical or chemical one. if it happpend within 7-8 hours it is botulism. otherwise a few days if you got sick it could have been something your family made.

One Sexy Jeep Girl
I've heard anywhere between 12-72 hours but I dont know if I buy that.

Christine C
Rating
"Top End" (vmitting, nausea, stomach pains, etc.) can occur within a couple of hours (unless the food is excessively rancid and your stomach immediately rejects it ... i.e. you vomit). "Bottom End" (diarrhea) symptoms usually occur 24 hours later.

Many people who believe they have the "24 hour flu" actually have mild food poisoning.

Good luck... but don't worry too much. If your eggroll had the standard ingredients in it, it's a pretty low risk food. You could of course still become ill, but nothing too serious.

Richard
I've had food poisoning set in within ten or fifteen minutes. Food leaves the stomach within 2 to 4 hours. In the small intestine, digestion continues and absorption occurs. This will usually take 5 to 6 hours. The, the time from what's left entering the colon to defecation is about 12 to 24 hours. So, the time for food to travel from one end to the other probably ranges from about 20 to 30 hours. But the effects of food poisoning should appear within the first 10 hours or so.

imalwysrite
Rating
It might have been old oil. But if you only took one bite you probably don't have to worry about it too much. Symptoms of food poisoning may not show up for 48 hours, just depends what kind of poisoning it is. Just watch for signs of poisoning, drink lots of water now so when and if you get sick your body wont get dehydrated while you are shitting your brains out!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy