Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What disease cause short term memory lost ?
...my uncle from ukraine believed he has short term memory problem ... like forget thing til he remember again at long time....

What is the most effective way to treat ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)?
In terms of academic and social performance....

I am scared because this won't go away.?
Almost a month ago I discovered a small red lump while I was shaving my arm. I knew at once it wasn't an ingrown hair. I told my older sis about it and she said to leave it alone. The thought ...

I am a female 46 years of age and my left hand keeps falling asleep what can it be?

My son has been throwing up off and on with different foods, what's going on??
I made him an appointment to discuss this with his physician....but for years we thought he had a "sensitive" stomach, or was prone to stomach flu's. Now within 3 weeks he has thrown ...

Can signs of dementia or alzheimers be painful feelings of 'fireworks', 'sparks' and 'throbbing' in the brain
Hello,
My mum is 63 years old.
For more than 2 1/2 years she has complained of 'fireworks' in the brain. Her head throbbs when she lays down and she has much trouble sleeping. She ...

Is there a test I can take for mercury poisoning?
I eat a lot of Tuna (400g/day for the past 12 months), and have been worried about the effects of mercury. Is there a medical test I can take which can tell me if I am in trouble?...

Voice is gone...?
yesterday i was talking and my voice just went away. for a couple of days i hate a stuff nose and now my throat hurts. is it normal to have your voice gone? and what can i do to help it. oh and how ...

Major phobia?
I am very scared of having a disease or cancer but am also scared to find out so I shy away from doctors and dentists, I always feel like theres always something wrong with me and I often ponder upon ...

My mom is bleeding really bad when she tries to have a bowel movement. There's no bowel there, just a lot of
blood. She's a paraplegic, and this has never happened before, I dont know what to do....

How long does it take for an antibiotic to work in curing an ear infection?
I was told I have an ear infection last Friday. I began the antibiotic Sat. morning and the ear still hurts....

I am sick, what are some things to do at home besides computer and tv?

Scary heart flutters?
it doesnt happen all the time but sometimes i feel like there is something moving in my chest, if i feel my pulse when this happens my heart literally skips a beat, sometimes i end up coughing ...

Baby may have drank gas additive with hydrocarbon poisoning? I am not sure of if she drank or not?
It was all over her and we washed her off. We called poison control and said to keep a good eye on her just in case. Is there anything foods or anything we can give her at home just in case she may ...

How can you burn off adrenaline from anxiety on the spot?????
I get anxiety and I feel my heart racing and my voice is shaky and my hands tingle. I know its the adrenaline that is causing this fight or flight response. Is there any way I can reduce the ...

I have Irritable bowel syndrome.can doctor said its nothing to worry?
can u give me tips to cure ...

What is a purpose of appendix?
If it is in human body it must have some function.....What do you loose by having it removed. What causes it to get infected?
It seems like in my family everyone has their appendix removed. My ...

How can I finally get relief from back pain?
I had two spinal operations in recent years and I still have significant pain in my right leg from the original injury. The operations stopped it from getting worse, but didn't really make it ...

Feel my pain and answer ?
Hi is it wrong to kill - mercy killing - your mother who is bed ridden for the past 3 years and there is no one to look after her except her husband and you - single male child who can't attend ...

How often do you have headaches?
i have headaches like everyother day. is something wrong with me?

sometimes not that often.. but ...

Sue
Does vomiting damage your stomach?
I'd like to know if throwing up damages your stomach or any other part of your body. Could this be a reason to convince a bulemic friend to get help?

bagattamama
Rating
yes it also could crack your asfagest[ spelled wrong] i know i did it its hard to get some one with an eatting disorder to under stand the dont care anything to be thin no matter whats the conseqence they want to be perfect in every way

Curious ♥
Rating
when you throw up the acid that breaks down your food in your stomache cames up your throat and is harms the path it takes to get out of your mouth the acid is supposed to be in your stomach and your stomache only so it harms the rest of your body when it comes out

badassnation
Rating
No, but if you do it too much, especially forcefully, it could do harm to your body, such as your gums, teeth, throat, and most of all, the pain in your stomach just gets worse the more you have to throw up.

adrenaline rush
no but it will damage your throat and mouth as the acids from the vomit come out that way.

- - - - -
when you throw up, acid in your stomach erodes your esophagus

it's very bad to have this kind of erosion, you can get ulcers and may have to be on long term medication to treat damages...sometimes even surgery...it's also really painful--i know because i have reflux problems

please tell your friend i don't know why you would want to make yourself susceptible to these kinds of problems

aprilchick70
It doesn't damage your stomach, but the acid in to vomit does damage your teeth and esophagus.

renta_car_guy
Rating
it damages your hole body

private1783
Rating
no. its does a heck of alot of damage to everything else on its way up. The Stomach acids which are meant to stay in the stomach are forced up and out into areas that do not contain protective layers.
Heart burn is sort of a small example of this.
If forceful vomiting is what you are asking about then yes fingers are included since the acid will probably get on fingers.
Health wise...Its not a good thing. You lose alot of Vitamins ans minerals your body needs.

oops did not read the Bulemic part. YES tell her she is killing herself!

FL_Engineer
It can cause serious damage and even death, and the risk is very high.

The vomiting will not damage your stomach, because it already has the appropriate protections from stomach acid (the mucous layer). Your esophogus does not have that protection, so the acid can (and will) burn through your esophogus. You esophogus can rupture, and you can bleed to death among other things. Call a crisis center now - your friend nees help. Do not wait, you might save her life!

crazyat26
Rating
ruins your teeth and throat. the acids to that

JayDano
Rating
Vomiting per se is not damaging to the stomach mucosa. The clorhidric acid in the stomach (wich is not in fact meant to digest the food, but instead to stablish the acid pH that digesting enzymes need to function), when a non-provoked vomit occurs, is usually accompanied by a great deal of stomach contents that help protect the esophageal mucosa.
But in a bulimic patient, the continual vomiting does manage to severely affect this mucosal covering of the esophagus. Although it is quite tough, it is not at all prepared to withstand the low pH of the stomachal acid, and thus the patient ends up developing dangerous esophageal varices (wich can bleed profusely, or debilitate the esophageal wall in a manner that it could break during a vomiting episode, provoking a potentially fatal mediastinitis).
Another problem with the constant passing of the acid through unprepared tissues, is the development of calluses in the dorsal face of the patient's hands, or the destruction of the enamel of the teeth, and so on.
But what the main problem is in a bulimic patient, is the depletion of ions. As you may already now, bulimic patients not only turn to vomiting when they want to expell the food they have ingested, but they also resort to the use and abuse of laxatives. This two things together, as well as the overexercising, leaves bulimic patients with an abnormal level of ions (Calcium, Hydrogen, Bicarbonate, Magnesium...) in blood that, eventually, leads to cardiac arythmias and cardiac failure, Central Nervous System disorders, and more.

So, if you've got a good relationship with this girl, you would do well to her by convincing her to ask for professional help.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy