Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Does anyone have a ringing in their ear that they can hear when completely silent?

What is the name of the illness where people fall asleep consistently at random times?

Numbness in the legs?
hello,
I am23 years old, 5.4, weigh 109. eat pretty well. no fast food, no sodas no serious medical conditions that I am aware of. however my legs get numb rather quickly. If I'm sitting ...

Head lice problem.HELP!?
my daughter has had head lice 4 times in the past month i just get rid of them and she goes back to school and sure enough a couple of days later shes got them again ive tried no marks and lyclear ...

Define evil, can u??

Is ADHD the medical term for "Needing a damn good slap"?

What is the best way to get rid of HEAD LICE? And dont can Nix or Rid becouse they dont work!!!?
my kids got them from day care...please ...

Does anyone else suffer from these symtoms,and what could it be?
I have chronic headaches,altered hearing,ear ache,balance problems,and have short term memory loss,...

What helps constipation my friend needs some help?

What do these symptoms mean?
What does it mean if:

1. You feel really thirsty and dehydrated all the time, even though you drink water for days to alleviate the dehydration.

2. You can't eat because ...

Does anyone know what this is?
Hi, I'm 20 years old and I have this problem where I bounce on a couch while listening to music, I,ve done since I was a baby and my parents never tried to stop me,any way i's like a drug.I ...

Should obesity now be made socially unacceptable like smoking?
I believe we should make obesity as socially unacceptable as smoking, partly because of the sheer pressure the condition is going to have on our health service. Obesity is likely to lead to a wide ...

I have had diarrhea for over 1 week now. some minor cramping, otherwise just weak but ok. what is it?
diarrhea for more than a week. liquid, clear no real solids. no other major symptoms, jjust a bit weak, parched. drinking lots of water. very afraid to eat...ANYTHING, and losing appetite. there ...

Which medicine i can take for vomiting. Actually i vomit while i travel by bus.?

How do I cure food poisoning?
I ate something bad last night and vomited 3 times. I have bad stomach cramps and just threw up a couple of minutes ago. I'm at work right now. What can I do to make myself better?...

How serious is a 105.9 fever?
My ex told me in an e-mail he was sick in the past days with a 105.9 fever and that's why he wasn't able to respond to my e-mails. But, when i told my friend this he told me that he was ...

What is rape?
I know it is really very bad but i never understood it. I just know it is bad....

Why do I feel shaky and lightheaded in the late afternoon?
Between 4 and 6pm I regularly start to feel lightheaded and my hands start to shake. I will eat something and this helps. But I don't understand why its happening in the first place?...

I have the Flu and my body aches bad,terrible headaches,what can make me feel better and not feel as sick?
Ive been to doctor and I have Flu...I have medicine for my cough but it doesnt make my body and head feel better,I cant sleep....what will make me feel better?
Additional Details
Please ...

Am I dying of a brain tumour?
I have started having seizures aged 21/22, for no reason and I'm depressed about it. Will i die so young?
Additional Details
NB:
CT scan was clear
EEG not clear "...

Twisk
Does bulimia make your voice change?
like my other question.. i've been bulimic off and on for 2 years. i recently am noticing that my voice has gotten a bit scratchy and slightly low.. is that the cause? no lectures please.. i know it's a problem.

Madii~
it might since stomach acid is very harsh... if yo leave puke on a desk it will start to take of the top layer... pretty powerful stuff... but don't worry bulimia also kills people so... you tell me which is worse hun please stop <3

cute~poison‚ô•‚ô•
Rating
When you throw up and purge stomach acids come out
damaging the lining of your asophagus.
Bulimia can have a dramatic effect on the vocal cords and it will damage your vocal cords along with your teeth.
It also rots your teeth and gives you facial hair.. ewwwwwwwww

Cor
Rating
oh definitely. same as smoking.

jayfac
Could be the acid eating away your throat's lining or tonsils.... something in your throat that effects how you talk. Bulimia also makes your teeth really yellow and can eventually rot them.

BarbieCouture
Rating
when you throw up, the acids from your stomach also come up along with food and the acid damages your esophagus, which of course could be a reason why your voice is now messed up.
And hun im not judging you, but if you know that this is a problem then please talk to someone.
Best of Luck =)

trustyindianguideandsquaw
Rating
You are seriously concerned with your voice changing? Shouldnt you be more concerned with dying?

Leumas
Yes. It irritates your esophagus and may ultimately cause it to rupture, causing you to drown to death in your own blood. i would seek help immediately. don't be bulimic. it's gross, and can kill you. but yes, it can change your voice (just like screaming a lot irritates your esophagus and causes your voice to change)

I'M NOT ON A DIET!!!
Rating
yes. the acid from your stomach (vomit) is tearing up your vocal cords. does the enamel on your teeth seem a little dull or worn out?

Audrina
Rating
yes. throwing up too much damages your esophagus. the more you throw up, the more impact it has on your voice box.

X‚ô•jessica‚ô•X
Rating
Most likely, all that stomach acid coming back up into your throat can't really be a big help for your throat and voicee.

=]panda luvs yewwwww.
yes that can happend

SP
Rating
Yes

sodafreak
Um yes i think so.
i am no doctor but i like medical science.I think when you purge yourself the hard acids in your vomit do damage to your asophagus as well as your vocal chords, kinda like how cigarettes do it.

P.S.- it is a scientific proven fact that bulimia only takes off about 10% of what you have EATEN RECENTLY. so you are actually amking yourself slowly heavier

mousie!
Rating
maybe, becuase it corrodes your vocal cords and esophagus.

rememberthesalamander
It very well could be. You are throwing up acid on a regular basis, which can't be good for your throat/

brittany =]
Have fun looking like this

http://taquoriaan.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bulimia-anorexia.jpg

Celtic_Goddess
wow you're suicidal? thats horrible, but have fun dying slowly from all that acid scarring your throat and creating ulcers in your stomach.

Yvonne B
Rating
no lectures just stating facts: the vomit eats your teeth away, can cause cancer of the esophagus, and if you don't feed your heart and brain it can cause serious complications

Catherine a
Rating
yes, i'm pretty sure it can affect your voice.
and it's good that you know it is a problem.
i'm not going to tell you to just stop, because
when I was 13 I was bulimic. i know how hard
it is.

cakez
Rating
yes, kinda like a smokers cough very raspy

hailee.
yes. it is. ! my bestfriend for 7 years now recently came bulimic. her voice is very scratched and sometimes hard to hear. its like having a sore throat.! it's caused by repeated vomitting.! good luck with this!!

Melanie
Rating
Well stomach acid eating your throat is bound to have an effect.. and your teeth too.

digdog32
If losing your voice makes you realize this isn't a good choice, then ok. I was bulimic for over 30 years and like most other bulimics (who live) we can PROMISE you it doesn't work for weight control (in fact, most bulimics are overweight!) - but we do it, hoping that today will be different and that we'll be the exception.
A huge number of bulimics die with their heads in the toilet (great legacy isn't it?) and a large percentage die when their esophagus ruptures (sometimes while they're walking to a class, driving a car, sound asleep - it can happen any time) and they spend several agonizing minutes drowning in their own blood and fluids (watching anyone who's around freak out, trying to save their lives).

Yes - vocal cords can be affected exactly as you're experiencing. If you stop - there's a good chance it will heal; or, if it's been going on too long, the acids have permanently damaged them (human stomach acid is among the most potent, powerful acids known on earth! Our body knows what it's doing in keeping it INSIDE the stomach. We, on the other hand, don't always make the right decisions).

If you stop your bulimia, you'll likely find another outlet for the obsession. You could become 'exercise-bulimic' or something else. Again, been there, done that...PROMISE you it doesn't work!
I DID find what does work - and it's really just as easy to be 'obsessive' about doing the 'right thing' as we are about doing the stupid thing. Stupid-stupid-stupid (talking about ME...spent a lifetime and soooo much permanent health damage on awful eating/food choices).

did_u_no_wrong
Rating
Yeah, the acid from your stomach is really hard on your esophagus, and on your throat and vocal cords.

hershey
Rating
Yes, upchucking everything you eat does mess up your throat. Constant sore throats and not being able to talk are major problems with bulimia. At points it gets so painful to swallow, even just liquids. The acid in your stomach comes up and erodes everything on its way, including your throat. TRUST ME, bulimia NEVER works.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy