Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Refusing to give this girl's brother a deadly treatment, now everyone hates me?
I'm a child prodigy/scientist who's currently attending a very prestigious high school. I'm currently researching new medicine techniques in the school's laboratory, specifically ...

How do u kno if somone is HIV positive.. i live in the uk.. and i suspect that a girl i knew is hiv positive!!
is there a way to kno if somone is HIV positive.. cos a girl i knew didnt want to hav a relationship..and then i asked a friend and they said she is hiv positiv.. is there somthin to look for.. or ...

Has anyone a cure to feeling so ill in morning?
when i get up at any time of day i feel so ill so weak and groggy ...

Can lice kill you?
I don't have lice. But I just always wondered what the worse that they could do is... Can they KILL you?
Additional Details
Thanks for all your answers. But those who said, "...

I eat (clean) toilet paper...?
i was dared to try a piece of toilet paper and then i found i liked the taste. so i kept eating it. ive been eating it for a while now, my poos have gone wierd (mostly water) and im worried that its ...

What is the most dangerous and horrible diesce ever?

Can AIDS be cured?
Is there a vaccine that works to prevent AIDS?...

What reasons can i tell my doctor i need medical marijuanna?

Additional Details
How can i get medical marijuanna?
I LIVE IN NORTHEN CALI THE BAY AREA AND RULES FOR LEGAL MARIJUANNA ARE A LITTLE LESS STRICT THAN MOST OTHER PLACES AND FAR AS I ...

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP... meee plxxxxxxxxx?
hey everyone i got something on my neck and my friend said ita ringwrom or wingworm...im so scared itz round and red....im soo itchy is it bad what should i do will people get it from me HELPP PLZZZZZ...

How do you fight insomnia?

Can women be colourblind?

Why do people ask this type of question?
"My doctor wants to do brain surgery because I'm suffering from seizures. What should I do?" Do they really expect to get medical advise from us Yahoo!s?...

I have pain on my left side of my chest . what is it?
it now nearly a week i am having these pains. its like stabbin pains. sometimes i cant breathe or even walk.i am only 25 why i am having these pains now? i am not overweight and not smoking i am a ...

How many people die from death each year?

What is wrong with me I am sooo tired?
I am tired mainly during the day I can not even keep my eyes open at time!!! I suffer with Tension migraines but this hurts even more than them do!!! I have narcolepsy and sleep apnea in my family!!...

Is my belly piercing healing or infected?
i got my belly pierced for the second time on Friday 27th June 2008.

and I knw i shouldn't have but... i went swimming (swimming pool) on the 29th !

now my piercing is red ....

How do I pass a one time Drug Urine test?
I am a male about 200lbs. I need to pass a drug urine test. Marijuana is my concern. Do the drinks really work? What about creatine levels in urine? Taking Vit B to mask color of clear urine.
<...

I noticed that my belly button had a bad smell. Now it is crusting..What is wrong?
My belly button had a smell, not bad enough to notice on my own, but if I put my finger inside, my finger would smell. I poured a little bit of rubbing alcohol into it, and layed down. I left it ...

My 8 year old daughter has got bad earache. Help?
She has had calpol and nurofen (paracetamol and ibuprofen) and we have tried a warm heat pack. Nothing is working and she is still crying. She isnt due any more calpol for 2 hours. Any suggestions?...

What would make that person if they sleep alot, all they do is sleep all day?
What is the major cause for this sleeping too much, is it because this person is very lazy?...

Stubby Ray
Do people who work in hospitals get ill more often than those who don't?

Me
Rating
darn right they do. any time you put a bunch of sick people in a confined space u r going to get stuff spreading around. u will notice most waiting rooms in new hospitals dont have water fountains and all the hospital rooms have antibacterial lotion by all the doors. thats another thing, a lot of hospital workers have a hard time remembering to wash their hands, which obviously doesnt help things either. there are so many different strains of the communicable things floating around hospital workers are bound to get sick more then the average joe who runs away from a stranger with a runny nose.

gangadharan_nair
In spite of strict precautions, the hospital staff will get infections from communicable diseases, from drug-resistant bacteria, chemical contamination and radiation from modern electrical and electronic machines.

Sexy Red
Rating
Hi ive worked in a NHS hospital for 10 years and i do think i get more illnessess,colds etc then anyone i know.Yes we do all have our injections to cover us for certain things but they dont cover us for colds etc.

damari_8
Rating
The same as everyone else! we get boosters to keep us up to date with all immunisations, and are more careful at handling people with contagious illnesses.

jasmrock
Rating
NO

cripple
I'd say no because their immunity gets built up well although they may pick up a lot of things when they first start working there, especially if they have come from abroad and haven't been exposed to certain bugs before eg chickenpox.

Emma Chizzett
No - they have to look after themselves more than the average person, so are less likely to pick up germs even though they're amongst them all the time.

Doc8
Actually we develop antibodies to a lot of things after working around them for a long time. in my many years of hospital work, I only had a few colds, when most of the patients had them.

kitti_kats_83
I've been working at a hospital for a few years and I haven't noticed myself getting ill more than I did before. In fact, less. I think it's a health care providers continous washing the hands that makes a HUGE difference.

Contrary Mary
Rating
Have no research to back it up, but sure its out there - I say we get sick less! Or least I do, think its a combination of good hygiene (contrary to popular belief, most of us do like to wash patients bodily fluids & mucous off our hands before tucking into our lunches etc); That, and I reckon constant exposure gives a certain amount of immunity to common virus's etc, a bit like how a vaccine works - I am never ill. Probably one cold/virus in 3 years.

peace and love
no genrally they are sick less because they get exposed to so much they tend to have a stronger immune system

chantrss
No, actually much less. We have to get a series of shots, and know about preventative medicine, good nutrition, and have access to other professional help, besides what we already know.

Cherry_Blossom
Rating
the exact opposite, they always get flu shots and have a higher immune system to the everyday illness.

huggz
No, because we tend to be up to date with vaccinations, have a good idea of how to care for ourselves and take precautions. We also develop a degree of immunity to common aliments as we are exposed to them almost daily.

Rob C
Actually no. To work in a hospital you require a series of shots. And ever notice how cold a hospital is? It's to dieter viruses from living in open air.

Ray
Rating
Not really. People that work in hospitals are more careful about diseases than those that don't.

Annalieze
Rating
No. Some people are less likely to get sick and catch things than others. Plus, everyone who works in a hospital constantly washes their hands and takes every safety precaution & disease control precaution.

DONNA'S NIGHTMARE COME TRUE
all the answers are great here, but also as an RN, I wash my hands, ALL day. Between patients. Plus everything else you have seen here.

8p8a
No, we dont. We take extensive precautions to prevent contact. Like washing hands before and after seeing each and every patient. Depsite our best efforts, we still get exposed to alot of germs/viruses. Our systems just build up immunity to them. I cant tell you how many sick people seem to only want to cough in your face. I may get a cold once a season, but generally no more than the average person.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy