Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What is the longest you have gone without a cold?
The last time I had one was in 2004. I have one now. Dang Back to school germs. LOL...

Tinitus - do you suffer?
I have had this since birth, different sounds in both ears. I understand the machinations, what it is, what causes it. I have seen audiologists and had counselling. But no cure. I have spent every ...

Can severe headaches cause seizures?
I often get very severe headaches.(.not sure if they are migrain or tension headaches but anyhow)..i have heard that if left untreated these headaches can cause siezures. Is this true and does anyone ...

How would one actually cause a kidney infection?
Don't worry, I DON'T want to do this. I'm just having an argument with someone about it.....

What can i do for arthiritis and knee pain?

What foods should you have more of when you have Irtritable bowel and what foods should you avoid??

Um pleasehelp please im kinda scared..?
i have a few like whitish bumps on the back of my tongue... what are they ?????
Additional Details
im 12.. in seventh grade if that would have anything to do with this.....

Chest Tightness?
Nearly a week and a half ago I began getting this pain in the right hand side of stomach, so I went to my doctors and he said I had a water infection and put me on antibiotics which in my opinion I ...

Is it bad when someone has green pee?

Additional Details
ok on a episode of the office, Dwight said that he had green pea. Did not get it....

Brain anurizum?
my mother had past away this past mothers day
Im having a hard time understanding it
it was sudden w/out ...

Is swallowing saliva unknowingly a symptom of pregnancy?

Side effects of migraine?
i am a migraine sufferer -- usually when i don't get enough sleep and/or skipping meals on top of added stress. usually migraines go away when i take 2 aleve tablets and rest. but there are ...

Embarrassing problem :[?
Quite often i do ' hard poos' and blood comes out ,. this happens about twice a week and sometimes my poo is really hard in ' bally shapes',Do i just need more fibre, or ould it ...

I was biten or stung by a bug that lokked like a lady bird now i feel sick and dizzy and have a headache?
does ne one no wat kind of bug this was or wat i should ...

What do you feed someone with the flue?

Can you get tetanus from cutting your wrists?
I am 13 going on 14 i cut and i heard (as a rumor) that if you cut you can get tetanus? is that true??? PLEASE HELP! My dad wants me to go the doctor for it but i dont want to get a shot...please ...

I have cut my self before and I am kind of anerxic how do I stop thinking that way?!?
Help me now please!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!...

What kind of infection/disease/sicknes... could this be?
migraines
sick feeling all of the time
burning eyes
coughing (and coughing up blood)
fever

Steroids (prednisolone)?
Hi I am 16 years old and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis when I was 14. When I was diagnosed with UC I was put on the horrid medication prednisolone at 80mg's a day. Which caused me to ...

Is the flu a virus?

Amy
Can you go swimming with gromets in your ears?
I am a keen swimmer and need gromets put in. I would just like to know if going underwater will affect them at all. Thanks

truth
it is fine to swim with gromets in your ears as my brother had them .he just had to get these special plugs that stop water from going in your ears.the plugs are not noticable

smart ****
Rating
i would check first with wallace to see if gromit can swim , and with the R.S.P.C.A , it may be classed as animal cruelty pmsl

Christine
Rating
I was told no, and never to dive into the water, but I think thats because the surgeon damaged my ear drum. However , you can get ear plugs to protect your ears from getting wet, so that should help

Rating
Two of my daughters had grommets put in their ears. These are put in for glue ear, which is caused by repeated ear infections. I was told it was very important not to get any water in the ear, even when bathing or washing their hair. I used to put a plug of cottonwool covered in vaseline in their ears when washing and was very very careful not to get a single drop of water in them. This is because when the grommets are in, your eardrum is open and water and bacteria can get straight inside causing infection. This would undo all the good work of the operation. I was advised not to get water in until the grommets dropped out naturally over time and the eardrum healed. Even now, several years later, they are careful not to get water in their ears when swimming as they are susceptible to infection. Good news is their hearing was much improved after the operation.

jlp
If you mean tubes to equalize the pressure behind your ear drums (because of frequent ear infections... blocked Eustachian tubes), then you definitely don't want to go underwater with them.

If you have any questions, talk to your doctor about it. He may advise you to use ear plugs.

Crazy girl
Rating
My brother had grommets when he was under the age of 5. He went swimming a few times and he still gets ear infections and ear ache now from swimming with grommets and he is 15 now i would maybe think about not going swimming whilst having grommets.

Sylvia C
Rating
No you must keep ears dry. Also wear ear plugs when washing hair.

tigger_pooh_on_you
Rating
You need to keep water out of your ears, you can buy stuff called ear putty that is very good. The other thing you need to be mindful of is pressure changes, so no diving etc as this could make things uncomfortable.
If you are really concerned ask the Doctor performing the procedure about it.
Hope this helps, take care.

private dick
no i had them before and its a big no no

stibbs
No, gromit is a dog. ooha

What, what, what??
Rating
The ear grommets allow air into your middle ear. Some surgeons recommend that you wear earplugs or I have seen ear caps that are sort of like a swimmers cap but are specifically designed for the ear.

Honestly, I would recommend that you talk to your surgeon and ear doctors about this, and ask them to recommend products for you.

Have fun swimming! Protect your hearing.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy