Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Night terrors?
I am a 26 year old lady.I have a funny condition in that i can have bad dreams and get scared at nite to the extend that i scream.I have searched on the net and found out the condition is called ...

Am I SICK!!!!!!?????
I have constant black outs, an uncontrollable bladder, what appears to be internal bleeding, loss of sight, 1/2 lung capacity, heart palpitations, stiffness of joints, jaundice, and a mold growing on ...

Im so scared right now?
Okay for like the past month ive been worring ive had a brain tumor..then lukemiah..and now back to brain tumor..If you had a brain tumor you wouldnt be able to think cleary..i cant think fine i can ...

Meds for compulsive spending? What are they?

What exactly happens when a person has a stroke? Is it a heart-attack or to do with the brain?

Everytime i eat pizza from "Pizza Pizza" i feel like crap. could i be allergic to it?
when i have any other brand im fine. I wrecked a large pizza almost all to myself at about 8 9pm today, went to bed at 10pm (running on 3 hours of sleep from last night)

i woke up at 1am, ...

Should i go to the doctors?
i've had a really sore throat since sunday (it's Friday now) which is unusual for me anyway) but on Wednesday this developed into a dry cough which is now more chesty. It really hurts like ...

Is it bad of me to not see my dying grandmother?
i've never been close with my dads side of the family, and now all of a sudden my grandma is dying. he urges me to go see her, but personally i feel that if i never saw her when she was alive, ...

I got drunk VERY 5 days ago and i still feel kina odd?
To start with alcohol is no longer in my vocabulary, second i am a minor so going to a doctor would be a last resort option. Now i feel still kinda dizzy when i move my eyes around and still a little ...

What are the symptoms of diarreah?

Can someone figure out what's wrong with me?
I have muscle pain in all of my front torso, chest and abs, similar to the feeling of workign out too hard in the weight room, as if all your muscles are torn/overworked.

i also feel ...

What should I not be eating if I have IBS?
Ie what foods should i avoid with irritable bowl syndrome?...

What is the cheapest and healthiest way to get rid of roaches?
Using those things that fills the house full of poisionouse smoke is not an option.
Please help!...

If you saw the end of your life coming tomorrow would you say sorry to anyone?

Additional Details
Yeah Well - you'll have to do better than that to blow my socks off. Sorry....

What disease is this?
Over the last 3 days, I have experienced a strange mixture of persistent head pressure and aches(especially in thefacial and neck regions), along with chills, general confusion/disorientation, ...

What does it mean if your urine is green?
For the past 2-3 days, my urine has been green, and I don't know if I should be worrying or not. It's not like lime green or anything, but it's definetly not yellow anymore. I looked ...

What foods should be avoided by someone with suspected gallbladder problems?
My 95 year old client had stomach pain during the night and some nausea. Her son believes it is her gallbladder....the client's mother had a problem with her gallbladder also. He thought she ...

What disease was the black death?

I have been anaemic My iron level will not come up, despite a blood transfusion and decent diet what can I do?
my gp put me on iron medicine but it upset my stomach, so I dont want to have it
Additional Details
would homeopathic medicine work? would much rather take something ...

Is fatty liver a serious problem from drinking?

bossysilver
Can you die in your sleep with your eyes open????
my nan has just died, 12 days ago, from gall stones and we have been told she died peacefully in her sleep. when my mum went to see her the nurse tried to close nan's eyes but she had already gone into rigor mortis. we are very angry and upset as to us how can you die (peacefully!!!!!) in your sleep but your eyes be open. can anyone help?? mum has got an appointment at the hospital nan was in but as if they will tell us the truth now!

garfield
Rating
yes.. it is possible..

playthepiper
Rating
Yes, sorry for your loss.

happydawg
Pts often open their eyes as if to see God just briefly before they die. I have worked extensively with hospice and even some pts who are heavily sedated open their eyes open before they take their last breath. I am not really sure why they do this.
I am sure they are not being dishonest with you. Sometimes there is no reason why things happen.
She may have opened her eyes one last time to say goodbye.

bubbleandbacardi
Rating
When we euthanse animals, their eyes remain open and it is a very peaceful way to go. It is because we have to physically close our eyes using muscles. When we die, we can't do physical. Most times on tv, actors close thier eyes. Its not now it happens. when my other half sleeps deep, he has his eyes open slightly.
I watched my Grandma die, she too had her eyes slightly open. She had lots of morphine, so it wasn't painful.

I'm sorry, but usually doctors pop stiches or tissue glue to keep eyes shut.

Just because a person dies with their eyes open, this does NOT negate the possibility that they died peacefully. Plenty of people have doies an agonizing death with their eyes closed.

navicabianca
well I am sorry about your nan. well everybody dies with there eyes open.

kittyrogers
Rating
Yes.

charlie c
do you sleep with your eyes open ???

kitkat
yes, you can die peacefully with your eyes open. the people saying you cant have probably never seen someone die, but ive worked in hospices and nursing homes for 15 years and seen many people die, its not uncommon for their eyes to be open when they pass. its also not uncommon to feel anger when someone you love dies. you are upset they are gone and the feeling of loss can be overwhelming so it feels easier to be mad at someone/thing. if the hospital had done something wrong there would be more evidence than her eyes being open

lorgurus
Rating
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
I wouldn't worry about the eyes. It is very possible. Happens all the time.
Even though her eyes were opened, she may not have been really seeing out of them at that moment.
I'm sure she passed in peace.
Kind of you to worry about that, but by now she is in heaven and the last thing she wants you to worry about is that!

palaunisuk
ho firstly im sorry bout your loss , its not nice to loose any one , secondly yes it is quite a common thing for some one to die with there eyes open , as a care worker for many yrs i have seen this alot , i know you must be goin through all sorts of emotions at the moment , and i agree with kitkat it is easier wen you have some one or somthing to blame and yes i guess we have all done it

Sutter-Cane
Rating
It is possible.
Haven't people died whilst awake, with their eyes closed???

Power_Of_Zen
Rating
Not my area of expertise, but maybe this will help you make a guess... Have you any idea if she was found in her normal sleeping position (on back, side, arms crossed, arms by side), or did she have her fists clenched as if in pain/mouth open/hands on her abdomen?

Julie
Rating
Yes I think so.

Dark Craze 7000
Rating
No duh!

drakke1
Rating
they may have opened reflexively at the moment she departed to the higher realms. the fact that they were open does not necessarily mean she awakened prior to departing. in any event when she was carried off with the help of appropriate beings, physical eyes open or closed became irrelevant.

Zachery S
that's weird

iansun
Rating
nobody has lived long enough to find out

taurus
My mom died in her sleep. Her eyes suddenly came wide open and stayed open until someone closed them. I and other relatives were with her.

dandelion
Rating
Please do not worry about this. The eyes of people who die often do open to a varying degree after death. Muscles around the eye both actively keep the eyes open when we are awake and shut( to protect our eyes from drying out) when we are asleep. When you die the muscles stop working altogether and the eyelids adopt a neutral position (often more open than shut), even if the person was asleep at the time they passed away. Indeed it can be very difficult to keep the eyes of a dead person shut as the eyelids naturally want to return to the neutral position. The fact that your nans eyes were open in no way reflects the way in which she passed away. Our expectation of dead people having their eyes closed is much more deterimed by what we see on film and television than reality. In the media we see thousands of " dead people" though our lives but thankfully very few real dead people.

I hope that you find peace.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, July 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy