Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Can anybody tell me why have motion sensor toilet flushes in most public toilets to prevent germs?
yet when you want to leave the toilet cubicle you have to unlock the door which is teeming with bacteria so why not fit the door with a motion sensor just like the ...

Could it be stress and depression?
i am tired the whole day feel like sleeping constantly, light headedness, dizzyness, feel like passing out, horrible throbbing headache almost throughout the whole day, eyes hurt, overall dont feel ...

Am i overweight if i am 12 yrs old, 5'4 and weigh 129lbs.?

Which disease is a package of many disease?

Is There Any Problems That Could Arise From Sleeping on The Floor?
I've always slept best on firm surfaces. During my high school years I slept on a firm couch from Ikea and love it. I hate sleeping in regular, soft beds. Makes my back hurt in the morning and I ...

What is wrong with my stomach?
well every single night my stomach hurts. my parents say its because my body worries and thats why. i want to belive them but i really want to know what it is. they are going to scedule me a docter ...

I think my friend is on cocaine. How can I tell?
What are some things that people using cocaine may do? Like some habits and stuff....

What is the expected life span of children suffering from `Down's Syndrome`?

Im off out tonight but every time i go out i get that excited im sick how can i stop myself from being sick?

Do I have a brain tumor? help, I'm so scared!?
I'm 17. I've been having headaches since June 2007. On July 3, 2007 I got a CT scan -- everything was clean. I've also had short-term memory problems and blurry vision; I'm also ...

What's yeast infection and how does one get it??

Can chocolate constipate you?

What are symtoms for cystitis?

Where in your body is your kidney.?

Bruised hand any ideas?
I have a badly bruised hand which is swollen but not broken.Any remedys to get the swelling down?...

My mom has been in a depression for a couple of years now and i dnt know what to do.she needs help now. HELP !
i am a 13 yr old girl with a father & brother with severe bipolar disorder.my mum has never been diagnosed with anything problems.. but over the years my brother, sister ( who once was a drug ...

EXTREMELY bad stomach pains?
okay.my boyfriend has been complaining about his back hurting for awhile.now he's having like severe terrible stomach pains.i'll wake up to him almost crying in pain.and its making me so ...

I am a 24 year old female who has been urinating frequently. What does this mean?
I was at work today and had to urinate practically every hour (or less). I have a "small bladder" but it has never been this bad before. It doesn't hurt when I do urniate. I urinate ...

What causes tarry black stools?
yes a concern because ihave cronic waterery stools and have had poylops in the past iam a 52 yrold female could it fom my ...

My boyfriend has a bump under the skin by (not on) his anus what is it?
He told me it feels like an ingrown hair bump but I dont think that those are common in that area. the only reason I know it is there because He told me and then he showed me. It is not visible but u ...

maliki31
Can a cold last 3 to 4 weeks?
I was diagnosed with Schleroderma 3 years ago, and it is the limited kind which affects my hand mostly, this may be irrelevant, but I seem to have had cold like symptoms for 3 weeks now. First I had a sore throat, then sinus problems, and then a persistant cough mostly at night. I started to cough up yellow gunk and so I thought it was getting out of my system, and I was feeling a bit better, they a week later I got the sore throat again and all the symptoms back...It's been 3 weeks now and I'm still sneezing, and have a raspy irritated throat. Some say it's allergies, but Ive never had an allergy before, andI am 30 years of age. I recently lost a pet, and had a change of job, and started a rough semester of school, could stress cause these cold like symptoms? or can a cold come back if you don' t take care of yourself? or possibly an allergy or another underlying condition like schleroderma??? I feel tired alot too, like drained of energy, Any advice, I just want to feel healthy..

greenella
ur personal problem could not possibly be the reason dat affected ur health. cold and cough for 3-4weeks is serious.. the maximum lasts for 2weeks. u should go get an x-ray done for ur nose and chest.... not trying to scare u...but its always good to be on the safer side!
and if its only a sneezing problem dat u have, then chill! its only an allergy... i have the same kind of problem..

Jewel
It could be an allergy these can occur later on in life and with all the pollutants on pollen producing trees and shrubs can cause further problems for some.

Stress too can cause some symptoms or it could be some other ailment completely. It certainly sounds like you need to build up your immune system.

I would go see you doc and get checked out.

Later do visit your health food shop too to get some advice on boosting your immune system. The main thing is to eat properly (fresh fruit and veg everyday and drink plenty of water).

Good wishes

retired gentleman
Rating
Man From Delmonte
he say yes.
Get well soon.

sandstone901
Rating
Stress + Germs= cold
You have had more than one virus. You need a vacation from your problems.

wildfire
i've been feeling the same, & it even makes my teeth HURT a lot', / doc wants to do a doppler on my throat area tommorow for possible blockage,

panini_guisons
Rating
A cold can take even up to 4 weeks for you to start feeling better just try to rest and drink plenty of fluids

NeonWRX
Rating
just to start im no doctor, but i do know this year has been terrible for allergies, just got to ask have you gone to a doctor yet? my son had flu like symptoms for about 2 weeks took him to the doctor and found out he had ammonia from it.

JoeyBug
Rating
I have a pre-exsisting lung disease and my colds usually last for a month, it can be prolonged because of many things, such as allergens in the air, stress, not getting enough rest and vitiamin C, but the fact that you're coughing up coloured phelgm, makes me think it may be more than a cold and the best course of action for you to take is to go to the doctor and get yourself checked out in case it has gone to your chest and you have an infection of some kind...

Hope you feel better soon

sickoffighting
Allergies can start at any age. Stress can make you more susceptible to re-infection if it is a cold virus. Make an effort to drink more fluids, try to get more rest, and if you really think it's a new allergy, see your doctor. In the mean time, there are OTC allergy med's that won't do any damage to try.

ALLEN B
Rating
If it's the deadly manflu it can last 6-8 weeks!!

frankselwood
colds usually have 3 sections ..3 days coming 3 days here and 3 days going..sometimes there is a residual effect after which is due to a little soreness at the back of the throat .after all the coughing.the body reacts and makes you continue coughing..if you have other symptoms then you should see your doctor..

Tina W
Rating
First there is a virus called mononucliosis and it presents like strep throat, but lasts very long as is difficult to get rid of without appropriate rest. This can be tested by a simple blood test that some clinics can do in house and have results in about 5 minutes. Second, stress can most definitely decrease your immunity therefore make it harder for you to heal and easier to pick up the bug again. Third, you can develop allergies at any point in your life. I took Amoxicillin my entire life then at 18 yrs old had a severe reaction that ended in anaphylatic shock. The allergy season is about over so if it is allergies it should be clearing up pretty soon. Also, do you live in an older home? Is it possible you're house has mold in the walls? This could be another explanation because you'd never really be well because the cause of the allergy is in your home. Lastly if it is more than a simple cold (which is a virus) and and actual infection (which colored mucus is a sign of infection), then it will not go away on it's own, it will need antibiotics. Hope this helps.

michele
I am tempted to wonder if your "cold" symptoms might actually be manifestations of envinronmental/seasonal allergies. You can develop allergies at any age. The symptoms are certainly similar, and allergies tend to be active for longer than the typical 7-10 day, garden vareity cold virus. Have you found any relief from over-the-counter allergy medications (e.g., sudafed, claritin, benedryl)?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy