Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Other - Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Cure for tendinitis??? Please help?

Is it bad to throw up on purpose every great once in a while?
like u just threw up becuz i ate soo much candy a couple minutes ago becuz it was a present
but then i washed the candy and threw it away
but i thre up about half of wut i ate

Help Please!!!!!!?
About 2 hours ago I took an advil for a headache and now the area around my mouth is starting to swell up. This is the first time this has happened before, it doesn't hurt but is this something ...

Humming in ears?
Hey,
Last Monday I set off one of those caps that you have to put on the end of a metal arrow then drop it. It was really loud and made my ears ring. Then I started noticing that there was a ...

I have a red bump under my tongue. it is smooth in texture and it is pretty bright red. What can it be?
It is perfectly round and about the size if a pimple. i just discovered it today with my tongue. It doesn't hurt but now that I know it is there it sure is bothering me....

I am 13 yrs. old and have a craving for baby powder. i do not it it daily. Can it be dangerouse to me?
I dont eat it everyday, just in increments of shakes on my hand maybe three times a week. Should I immediatly stop?...

What cures hicups?

What IS IT WHEN YOU BLURT OUT LOUD?

Will my very young daughter have a mommy?
You see I have a very young daughter but I am having severe problems right now like throwing up for two weeks, walking around with a fogged head, Bleeding in my private areas lost of all control to ...

Problems with body.?
Anyone here at all have problems with their body within a course of 1 year? I had pharyngitis, Laryngitis, Cellulitis, and Gastritis. Is there something wrong here or am i just ublucky, and they seem ...

Help... im soo paranoid...?
i waited 8 months to go for a HIV antibody test after a slight exposure. e results came back negative. so is it conclusive? like i've read tat e antibodies will already be present at 6 months if ...

Do I have some kind of wierd symptoms?
I have teeth breaking in my mouth,but I do my best to take care of my mouth,I have torn cartilage in my knee,my joints pop and creak all the time.I'm 28. I was overweight but I've lost ...

Add is bad for the adults?

Any advice on how to cope with Tinnitus?
I have had Tinnitus for years but just lately it has become very loud & very stressful. I would love any tips on how to cope with it. Thanks.
Additional Details
Thanks to all who ...

Is it true:-excess consumption of carrots = yellowish skin??

Yellow vomit?
Last time, I was vomitting all of my food in the morning that I had eaten the day before. I had a bad case of diahrrea but also had to vomit really bad. The final time I vommitted, the vomit was ...

Does anyone know of an over the counter med. to calm your nerves?

Is an alcoholic who is sober still an alcoholic ?
If an alcoholic has been sober for say 2 years, are they still an alcoholic, but a sober one, or are they just cured and not an alcoholic anymore?...

How DO I Get Xanax, Question about anxiety?
I am going to the doctor tomarrow, what are some tips on gettin xanax. I have lately been worrying more than I normally do, Like before i go to sleep i cant stop but thinking about my lifes problems ...

I Have Lupus Should I have Kids Now?
Should I have kids now and get married now that I am strong young and healthy?...

Timothy H
Being put to sleep before operation?
I am going to be put to sleep before they test me for celiac desease im just so scared about being put to sleep that the whole test seems horible, yet if i was awake it would hurt...alot they are sticking a small light into my intestines and going to take a tissue sample. Its just that the whole feeling, being forced to black out just is so scary any advice?
Additional Details
its just a test its not fixing anything, but they are taking a tissue sample from my small intestines.

♥ Lisa ♥
Rating
You're not being FORCED to black out. which anesthesia are they using?
I was put to sleep through IV (the vein on my arm) when I had my surgery. It wasn't bad at all. I just got really sleepy and fell asleep. By the time I awoke, I was in the patient recovery room... It's really nothing to worry about. :)

Stacie S msbearr
okay I feel and know your worries.

I have had to be put to sleep (let me count) one moment please,,,,,4 times and on #5 I was so so under not all the way due to they had to ask me my pain levels before my last back surgery.

When you go in they will give you an IV then put the meds in. Shortly after they will ask you to count backwards from 10 to 1. I recall my last surgery as I was counting I said 10,9, 8, huh wait 10, 9, 8 7, forget it I'm going to bed. Everyone in the room LOL and I was down for the count. When I woke up I couldn't wait for my pain meds.

For me to get me to go through it all I had to motivate myself. By saying if I went though it I would not have the problem anymore. Plus I would get the good legal drugs. Well that worked for me.

Point it is not that bad just think of it as taking a short nap. You never see or feel what they are doing and that is a good thing in the end.
I wish you luck. Your in my prayers.

LaughingSweetie
Well Timothy, I don't know about the whole operation, but I do know that being put to sleep during the operation is painless and nothing to be scared about. I was bit by a pitbull back in 3rd grade and had 3 surgeries done before they finally healed me, but they had to put me asleep for that. And It's just like regular sleeping at night. You don't even know you're fallign asleep. You just get drowsy, and the next thing you know, it's all over. I know what it's like to be scared, but don't panic or worry, because i know you'll be fine. =)

answerlady
Rating
Have had many tests and samples taken. Take the sleep before, you don't feel anything and wake and don't hurt. You will be glad. You just get sleepy and then wake up, all done. GOOD LUCK.

jughead
They will most likely give you a pill and an injection before the operating room. These will make you feel so good that you won't care what they do next. They put you to sleep with a drug through the I.V. in your arm. You wake up in what seems like an instant later. Don't worry. It's a piece of cake. You're gonna like the way you feel after those first drugs. What a hoot.

Raja
Rating
If patent's sleep, doesn't matter. He will stand up.

But the Doctor's sleep, Patent's never stand up

pink cowgirl
Don't worry it is not that bad. You won't feel anything at all. They will probably put an iv in you and then they inject the stuff in you that makes you go to lala land. You don't even remember going to sleep. Its not bad at all. I had a long surgery when my appendix ruptured and they had me asleep for a long time. I was only 8. The only advice i can give you is to ask the doc a lot of questions. Don't be afraid to tell him that you are scared, he will understand! Good luck and hope your surgery goes well!

meg2good4u
These days anesthesiologists will give you a mild sedative before giving you the sleepy stuff. The sedative, in the words of my anesthesiologist, "makes it so you don't care part of your body's gonna be cut out, much less that you're going to sleep through it all."
I don't remember much after he gave me the sedative through my IV. I remember just feeling like I was really tired.

Next thing that happened, I was in the recovery room, screaming for pain pills :)

And you will feel SO refreshed. There is no more restful sleep than that of anesethesia. You'll feel like you've slept for days. It's amazing.

Only advice you can really get is trust your anesthesiologist. He'll be your best friend :)

erin
Rating
while they are prepping you for surgery ask for valium. tell your nurse or doctor (whoever you see first) that you are so nervous you really need something to calm your anxiety. also if i were you, i would try to get as little sleep as possible (i know everybody tell you to rest up but this is why...) if you are so tired while they are prepping you, when you take the valium it will knock you out, then they will start giving you the general anesthia for your surgery and you will be out cold so the next thing you know you will be awoken by your nurse. so make sure you are alive and well. when you are under general anesthia, the anesthesiologist remains in there monitoring you so if you have an adverse reaction they can give you something to counter it. also the thing about not sleeping is this- after your surgery it will hurt - they just cut you right open and you will have to heal. however they give you plenty of medication. but thing is , if you are awake you probably miserable. so if you don't sleep well pre-op then afterwards you will be out like a baby and hopefully sleep through the most painful part

good luck

Crypt
Rating
Actually the best advice is to try to relax. In hindsight it's a lot less scary than people tend to make it out to be the first time. It happens very quickly, and is painless.

Ever fall asleep and wake up the next day not remembering falling asleep. Like one minute you're awake, the next you're waking up? That's what it's like. No dreams, no consciousness.

You will likely be disoriented, and have no idea what time it is when you wake up, but the post-surgery pain is probably the worst part. And by the sounds of it that won't be so bad compared to many procedures.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy