Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diabetes
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best way to lower the blood sugar level?

Is there a particular diet that is for diabetics only?

What are Signs of Diabetes?
T...

Did anyone have these symptoms and found out they had diabetes?
Diabetes runs in my family. My grandma had it, but she died January 26, 2008. My poppie has it and my mom has it too.

Here are my symptoms:
-Overweight
-A period that lasted 5 ...

Could I be hypoglycemic? How is it diagnosed?
I've always just assumed I was either out of shape (though I am a dancer) or just a compulsive eater, but I'm beginning to think I'm hypoglycemic. If I don't snack fairly ...

Early signs of diabetis?

Weight gain is the cause of high blood?
what kind of food people have diabetic can eaat?...

Lost alone and afraid?
i recently was diagnosed with type2 diabetes, i also have heart disease-cad ive had 7 heart attacks,15 stints,17 heart caths, constant angina, and high blood pressure. i feel like whats the use. my ...

Can you get diabetes by eating all the sugar free sweets?

Tell me about diabetes.?
ok my boyfriend has diabetes, not sure what kind....but its so bad that he has to carry insulin around that goes strait into his stomach, whats some stuff you can tell me about diabetes cause he has ...

Blood glucose high?
i did a glucose test. it came back high. what does that mean? what do i do for it? i'm pregnant can it harm my baby?...

What kind of items would you like to see in a store catering completely to Diabetics?
Like the kind of items you would like to easily find in the general market. Excluding prescriptions and such.
Additional Details
Specifically what kind of sweets, what kind of foods? B...

Is the Atkins Diet supposed to be good (healthier at all?) for people with diabetes?
Thanks....

Can anyone tell what normal sugar level is, and what is considered high and what is considered low?

I have a diabetic cat that is presently syonotic and in critical shape.?

Looking for simple plain and easy recipes for high cholesterol and diabetes?
my grandmother has high colesterol and type 2 diabetes and she needs some simple easy food ideas and ...

What good recipies are for diabetics?

Pre diabetic...how do you know before MD visit?
weight? tests do not show I am pre diabetic but I am getting concerned. difficult to lose weight @ this time (surgical menopause)...

Weight management program for diabetics?
I'm trying to find a program that I ran across last week for people with diabetes for my mom. I told her about it and she forgot the name. I don't think it's microburn (or something ...

Concern? I am a diabetic, will taking an ice bath..?
Will taking an ice bath, affect my body or blood sugar in anyway? I have to do it for sports. Theres a full body bath in a tub. And just for the legs in a garbage can full of ice&water. I'm ...

nyclee418
Gestational Diabetes - 1 hour test?
I took the hour test and they said I have it. Do I have to start watching my sugar and what I eat closer now that I already have it or can I wait till I go back for the 3 hour test to start changes?
Additional Details
I eat very healthy lots of fruit veggies and protein. . I just do have 1 treat a day. at night its a cookie and milk.

dasher
Rating
well, that depends. are you eating donuts and junk everyday ? if so, I would stop. just eat healthy !

Sophia J
Gestational diabetes can harm you and your baby, so you need to consider about it seriously and start caring at once. Control your food habits, exercise regularly, even if blood glucose testing and insulin injections if required use them. Follow your doctor's advice. Try to keep healthy weight and maintain your progress it will help in the treatment.

34 weeks with a baby boy!
The one hour test is just a screening. You don't have it, until you are confirmed through the three hour test. If you were diagnosed after a one hour test most pregnant women would be diagnosed, because a LOT of ladies "fail" the one hour and pass the three hour. You don't know that you have GD until you do the three hour test.

SAVAGE
Rating
You should start making changes to your diet as soon as possible. The sooner the better in cases like this.

Need Answers
Rating
If you only have 1 treat a day and its just a cookie with milk then i would wait til you have the 3 hour test to be sure you have it.
Also at that test you could ask for some info on what to change and how to manage it.

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK

Guru
Rating

1. Severely limit your carb level, taking only from the low glycemic range.

2. Don't load your metabolism to the eye balls first thing in the morning, stick to protein and veg and nuts of the low carb kind.

3. Do not eat any carbs once you finnish work, since your body will be much less efficient once it becomes less active.

Skatin'
Nyclee, during pregnancy the hormones can make you glucose intolerant and it's not a factor of how you've been eating up to this point. It's just a factor of the hormones (which is why it doesn't show up until the 3rd trimester).

If you are diagnosed you will be given a meal plan to follow. In general, if you want to avoid sugar spikes, remember that it's carbohydrates that matter, not just "treats". Lots of fruit is not advisable; some fruit as long as you eat it with protein at the same time to slow down how fast it's broken down is probably okay. Go easy on the breads, pastas, rice, etc.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 15, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy