Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Do you frequently lose your glasses when you take them off?
It drives me nuts especially at night and I can't see to find them. Is there any solution apart from wearing them on a chain?
Additional Details
Sian - I'm not that bright....

Do you wear eye glasses, would you allow a doctor to take a knife to your eyes, Laysic surgery?
I need glasses, but I don't think I would take a risk of someone taking a knife to my eyes....

Is it true that if you keep your eyes open when you sneeze?
your eyeballs will pop out of your head?...

Are my eyes crossed...or do I have a lazy eye? Lol....pic included. ?
When I was a baby I had crossed eyes. I'm pretty sure I grew out of it, but how would I know? Please let me know if it looks like my eyes are doin' something funky. Thanks. Lol.

What does it mean if I see floaters at the relatively young age of 22?
Its not very common, but usually when I get done doing something like playing sports and getting out of breath I see little black floaters. It also happens when I'm not playing sports if I'...

Color contacts?
ok im getting contacts but i dont know which color to get! any ideas?
this is me
http://s197.photobucket....

Eye Question?
If you can't see from far away does that mean you are 'Near-Sighted' or 'Far-Sighted' I get so confused with that!...

My eye wont stop Twitching?
My right eye has been twitching all day today! I cannot take it anymore....what can I do??...

Can you take a eye out and put in someone elses eye.?
can they do a opertion on your eye and put in someone eles eye....

Is there a difference between prescription & non prescription reading glasses?
for instance can cheap reading glasses harm ...

Can I wear contacts?
I'm getting an eye exam tomorrow at WalMart. I already KNOW my vision is 20/40 or 20/50, so my mom will probably make me get glasses. I don't see anything "blurry," per se, I just ...

I am having trouble reading small print. Should I go and see an optimist? ?

Just recently I've been having a very "Twitchy" left eye - should I be worried?
I think it is the nerve in corner of my eye and I know it probably doesn't look like much but from where I am I feel as though I'm involuntary winking at people!!

Is it stress ...

Have you ever had your eyes tested?
i did today, new glasses ordered....

The screw on my eyeglasses came out...(ultra tiny screw) anyone know of a tool small enough to screw it in?

I want contacts, but my eyes just wont let me get near my eye, is there anything I can do that will make them.

Can you wear contacts if you don't need them?
Can you wear contacts with perfect vision to change your eye color, or are there side effects to it?
Additional Details
1) I haven't bought them yet, so how can I take them out :)<...

Daughter has got conjuctivitous, eyes are really puffy & dark, should i stop using eye drops & consult doctor?
My daughter is 2 years old
She has had conjuctivitous before but it is really bad this time
her eyes are really puffy and it looks like she has got two black eyes
Will the eye drops ...

Which colored contacts should i get?
i want to get colored contacts
im asian, i wear a lot of eyeliner
i have really really dark brown hair,
almost black

i have really dark brown eyes
and i want colored ...

My son's eye?
my sons eye is really goopy and green boogers are coming out of it and his eye lid is all red. What should I do to make it better?? His doctor office is ...

tasha
Will i need glasses when i am older?
i am 13 and i have worn glasses since i was about 4, my eyes have improved so much that i can see perfectly without them(but my eyes get tired easily without glasses). When i'm an adult will i need glasses? note: i am quite small so i still have alot of growing to do.
Additional Details
i did have a stigmatism

AT
Rating
Around age 40-45 everyone needs glasses due to a condition called presbyopia. This is known as a condition that everyone develops around this age. It involves not being able to accomadate between near and far as rapidly as say a 20 year old.
Also, growth also affects your vision. You may redevelop you vision condition especially during puberty, or you may not. There's really no way to know if you will need correction before age forty. I would advise you to continue your yearly examinations to keep an eye on your vision.

torskie
Perhaps...perhaps contact lenses will do.

Inatech man
Rating
According to all the old people I know when you get 40-50 you need them. I dunno but they would know better than I./

Michael M
Sorry to say yes.

When I hit the middle thirties. The glasses for reading had to be worn. As the doctor said your leneses on the eye harden that is why I could not read the small print. Still wear the reading glasses. All other sight is fine.
So, if I am braking your bubble sorry for that.

noxrenegade
Rating
Looks like u will have to,especially cause u had them when u were younger.

john m
Sounds like your corrective lenses worked, I'm glad to hear it. Unfortunately most of us get what I call "old man eyes",(I'm a guy). It's called "Presbyopia" and it just means that you aren't able to read or se things close up as well as you could before. It is not a terminal disease and you're in good company, pretty much all of us.

zodiaccyber
is hard to say whether you need or not. But once you don on glasses, is it very difficult to put them away, of course there are very rare cases that people will fully recover from it.

Lab Accident
More than likely you will.

But to be absolutely sure, I would recommend you ask your optometrist, because he/she is the person who will really give you the best answer.

happy
Rating
I assume you are female in which case you will need glasses if you father wears glasses - that seems to be the general rule although there are some exceptions.

Don't worry about wearing glasses; the right styles can look really cool. Or you can wear contact lenses if you don't want to wear glasses.

Lolla D
After 40 you become presbyopic, which means you can't accomodate that well anymore, so you will need reading glasses or multifocals.
Even ppl who don't were glasses become presbyopic, so yup for most of us it is inevitible no matter how high or low the script is before.

tonymrright
Rating
It depends on what your condition is and whether or not you have a family history of eye problems. Even then you never know, that's why your supposed to go to the doctor yearly.

Skepticalist
Rating
You may need reading glasses in your mid 40's as many people have trouble focusing on print within arms reach around this age.

✿Purple✿
We cannot really answer you coz you didn't state what the problem with your eyes was.

?
some do and some do not juxt take care of them see doctor often.

Joe Kool
I wore glasses between age 12 and 17 for distance stuff (being able to see the board in class was useful), after that I didn't need them. According to the optican my eyeballs had grown a bit long when I was 12 but had sorted themselves out by the time I was 18.

Moondog
Growing has nothing to do with it. Yes - you will most probably need correctlive lenses when you get older.

zz06
when you are 40 or when most people are that age then your eyes start to deteriorate normally.

i don't know if you need glasses when you are older. ask the person when you next get your eyes examined

capa-de-monty
any one over 40 will properly need glasses its an age thing although they will properly deny it. through vanity.

msrostic
Factors to consider: health problems that you may develop when you are older and genetics. More than likely, you will have glasses when you get older, even just for reading only.

sm3gol
Rating
no, it sounds like u gonna go blind soon, so blind people dont need glasses

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy