Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Can not wearing glasses lead to other health issues?
I have been wearing glasses ONLY when I drive since December of 06. I lost them mid June and still have not got a new pair. I have noticed over the past few weeks I have been feeling dizzy when I ...

Is there any way you can improve your vision without wearing glasses or contact lenses?
Just curious....

I just bought non-prescribtion color contacts but...?
the lady at the store told me i can only wear them 14 times is that true or can i continue wearing them?if i take good care of them can i wear them ...

I know its not normal but why do i have 2 pupils in one eye?
dotor says that its going to disappear but never did... any help?...

Eye test for glaucoma?
I had an eye test yesterday at the opticians - he made a very thorough examination of my eye & looked inside the eye for ages with the light etc. I realised though that I have never had a test ...

Can I get laser eye surgery in one eye?
Hi. My vision in one eye is good. Like 20/30 i think. But my other eye is bad. I have to get different contacts for each eye, and my eye glasses are different of each side. I want laser eye surgery. B...

Glaucoma eye test?
I recently had a glaucoma test at the hospital and i am certian she told me the pressure behind my right eye was 5 and behind my left eye was 6. does anyone know what this means ? also i have been ...

A contact ripped in my eye. It's possible scratched / ripped eye, what should I do?
I've had the problem before, I've been wearing contacts for 7 years now, and it was usually just 15 minutes of frustration trying to get it out. That is it.

But I guess I got a ...

New eyeglasses question?
I have terrible vision (-8.00). I plan on getting a new pair of eyeglasses soon. I am doing a little research to find out the type of glasses that would be the best for me. I know this will sound ...

How can I tell if I'm wearing 1 of my contact lenses inside out?
It feels fine but my vision isn't as sharp as when I wear glasses. Is that normal? I just got contacts, so I don't know....

In my eyes, my irisis are brown with yellow, is that normal?
It's like this Pupil(black duh) Then Dark brown around the pupil, then it's yellow around the dark brown part...

really weird

No! I DON"T drink lol!...

Contact lense question!?
how do you kno when to throw your old contacts and put in new ones? i mean i kno ur supposed to change them every 3-4(???) weeks...but like how do u kno exactly when? are there symptoms?...

Does wearing eye contact lenses effect the Lasek surgery?
I wear eye contact lenses but I heard that wearing them for a long time may cause trouble when I'm going to do the lasek Surgery for my eyes...Is it true?...

I think I lost my contact up in my eye.How do I get it out?

My eyes are getting worst what should I do?
I have been noticing that my eyes/visions are getting weaker and weaker-worster and worster. I am getting really worried. I am already wearing glasses. what should I do?...

Is it true that contacts mess up your eyes?

Is there any medicene in India for eyes that will help improve vision?

Eye color???
i have blue eyes but eyes but when you get to the middle almost at the end it like a amber color why and how did i get that because im the only one in my whole family who has blue eyes everyone else ...

What is that squigly line that appear in your eye and when you look at it it kinda moves away?
when you ignore it it just kinda pops up in your ...

I got dry eyes and i blink a lot cuz of that wat can i do to stop blinking and cure my dry eyes?
if i leave my eyes open it burns..that s cuz i have dry eyes ...what can ido ...i bought Rfresh Tears for mild to moderate dry eyes....is it good or are there better things i can do to fix this ...

hemi426mopar
Why do my eyes burn so bad in the morning when i wake up?
I don't were contacts or glasses,could the A/C running all night have something to do with it? They stop after a few hrs.

Deadly Toyz
Rating
most of these sound about like i wouls say, but another added theory i get along with those is if i have had a few to many ( which is very likely daily thing) my eyes seem to have the burn because when you "pass out" your eyes aren't closed all the way. you might also want to wash your pillows and when you throe them in the dryer, throw in some new tennis balls to fluff them out. also you should use 3M's air filters in your A/C unit.

princeidoc
Rating
the most common causees of "burning" feeling in the eyes are:

1) dryness (this would make sense with your a/c unit)
2) blepharitis (a mild inflammatory condition of the eyelids)

contrary to popular belief, "allergies" do not usually cause a "burning" sensation. the classic symptom of ocular allergy is "itch", not "burn".

try some OTC artificial tears 1st. i like a brand called "optive". put them in before you go to be and when you wake up. if that doesnt help, you may have more serious dryness or blepharitis, and a trip to the local optometrist could help a lot.

L-kuza H
Rating
Maybe the ac drying your sight or something. Like the mr knowledge said, bla bla bla.... (you should listen).
Try wearing something to cover ur eyes when u wanna sleep. Peace, bro!

jazzynstar
Rating
it is probably allergies.

LindyN
Rating
Usually your eyes are more dry in the mornings- esp if you do have a fan directly on you. Your eyes dont produce a lot of tears when your eyes are closed. The more you blink causes more tears to produce- thats why it improves throughout the day. Try using rewetting drops when you first wake up. Refresh tears, Systane, and Optive are my favorites otc drops. Hope this helps!

Dr Chris Steele, TheFamilyGP.com
Yes Air Conditioning may be drying out your eyes which have subsequently become inflammed.

Do you suffer from hay fever or asthma? You may have an allergy to house dust mites which live in the pillows, mattress and duvet or an allergy to pollen which could be entering through an open window.

You may also have conjunctivitis which could also cause the eyelids to stick together in the morning.

Night night!

Paul MB
Rating
Burning indicates toxins. Dryness feels dry. Exposure such as not closing your lids leads to erosions and foreign body sensations.

Toxins? What the @#$@#$?

There are a number of glands in the eyelids. The Meibomian glands secrete an oil that keeps tears from evaporating quickly. There are certain bacteria that live on the lid margins, or in the follicles (lashes) or in or around the glands within the follicles. Moraxella specifically loves to eat that Meibomian oil.

When ya eat, the waste stuff has to go somewhere too. Moraxella converts the Meibomian oil into a soap, and that burns. Stings a LOT.

So, before you go to bed, clean your lashes or lid margins with a gauze (cotton leaves fibers) that's a bit wet. Some recommend lid scrubs, but that costs a lot. Baby shampoo in a wet/moist gauze to clean the lid margins well usually gets rid of excessive 'stuff'.

If it's really bothering you, you can use bacitracin ointment found in the first aid parts of drug stores. That stuff is more for skin, but it works for eyes too, ...in a pinch when you don't have the 'ophthalmic' bacitracin or other antibiotic. Place it inside the lower lid before you go to sleep at night. The body temperature will melt it and it'll coat the lid margins. Should take care of your 'burn'.

If you go to an ophthalmologist, ask for Rx for blepharitis such as bacitracin or erythromycin that's for the eye. He'll give you a sheet with information on blepharitis and a prescription for his/her favorite antibiotic.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy