Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Do contacts hurt?
im 13 and in 8th grade and i have glasses but i like nvr wear then cuz theyr really ugly and my eyes r like getting worse. so i decided tht i want contacts cuz my friends said tht theyr so worth it ...

Contact Help????
well i was wandering how old you think you should be in order to get contacts...I have glasses and I am tired of them!! I really want contacts...thanx for any help!!...

What would you do if you lost your ability to see and hear?

Im 14 am i too young for laser eye surg?
or what would be the best age? i know that this op could like seeruosly blind u for life....

Strange vision problems?
For at least the past month, I've been seeing a lot of weird things. Things seem to bend, wobble, get bigger, slide, or other stuff like that. It makes me dizzy sometimes. Shadows move in the ...

Can a lazy eye be fixed??
just by covering my left eye...cause my left eye probably does all the work

with my right eye my vision is worser...so how can i fix my lazy eye...or do i have to go to a eye ...

Is this normal?
My eyes get red and itchy after 1/2 hour on the computer. I can't watch anything bright so I think I might have glasses, but I haven't been to a doctor hoping that yoga will cure small eye ...

I just got a new prescription after like 5 years of not having my eyes checked...is my prescription right?
I have had problems seeing clearly since I got my new glasses...I don't know if its because my eyes aren't used to the new prescription or if its because the prescription is wrong. It ...

Is it possible to have been wearing glasses/ contacts for a while?
and then one day wake up with perfect ...

Color contatcs that dont help eyesight?
Are there color contacts just to change your eye color?
I recently had a fall, and now my vision is blurred in one eye, but the other is fine. if i get contacts, could i get one that would ...

Question. Is it bad for your eyes to read in the dark?
My parents keep telling me that it's bad for my eyes, if I read in the dark. Is this true? And if it is, then what's the minimal amount of light to read in? Thank you for your answers!...

What colour eye contacts should i get?
here is a picture of me

http://photos-672.ll.fac...

Can i wear contacts if my eyes arent bad?

I have a horrible problem and i need help!?
Every time i close my eyes, everything goes black and i cant see anything. Can someone please help me with this problem. Its destroying my life!!...

How much do prescription contact lenses cost without insurance?
i started working at $8 an hr so i want to know if i can start saving up for contacts. i'm sick of wearing glasses....

How long to can you leave Acuvue 2 lenses in?
My wife is thinking about gettng Acuvue 2 lenses from her Dr. What is the longest you can leave them in if you sleep with them in?...

Do I need glasses if I wear contacts?
I was wondering if I wear contacts do I need to get glasses as well. I have contacts now but I don't have glasses. Would it be a good idea to get a pair of glasses or would I just be wasting my ...

My eye has been getting sleeped shut if you know what i mean for a month now and it wont stop?
i've tried eyed drops but they dont help and i just got glasses. My sister has the same problem but hers stopped after only a week. I think i got it from her cause i accidently used her eye ...

Eye floaters?
i have had floaters on my eyes for about 5 years now. i have been to at least 10 eye doctors and they all tell me that my eyes are healthy and that there isn't a retinal detachment at all. ...

Will working on computer 24/7 affect my eyes?
It's because i'm still on it now and i've got headache running from my eyes to the brain,or should i get spectacles?...

crazygirl here!....its gt!!
Why are my eyes so sensitive to light?
whenever i go outside and it's sunny, my eyes start to hurt...i wear sunglasses all the time (transitons thingies), but it's REALLY annoying that i can't tolerate the bright light. in the house or a cloudy day is fine, but direct sunlight is like wow....

why? and is there any way i can make it less bad? i'd LIKE to be able to go to the beach & pool this summer (oh yea, i'mma 13)
Additional Details
actually, i have green eyes that change between light and dark

Therese♥
dont worry my mom has the same thing and she has Brown eyes she wears sun glasses all the time so just wear some cute sunglasses

Will S
when i had lyme diease i was sensitive to light, and noise. i used to get migranes and you should have it checked out and start wearing sunglasses

Posh Thanks You for the Venom
Rating
You have green eyes????

I am going to murder you, out of jealousy!!!!!!!!

but, uh, yeah... I guess just keep wearing sunglasses

☆Roxy☆
Okay, well I work in an optometrists office part-time (betcha didnt know that right lol) anyway, I know from experience that transitions dont get THAT dark or offer great UV protection. A polarized lens would be the best thing for you. Since you cannot wear sunglasses over glasses I suggest a sunglass clip
http://www.infocusoptical.biz/images/Glasses/EasyClip_off.jpg
heres the link if you dont know what a sunglass clip is. They have sunglass clips for all different sizes of glasses at wal mart, walgreens, almost anywhere.
If you do buy a sunglass clip make sure that it is polarized, it will have a little sticker stating the UV protection and if it is polarized. Have you ever thought about wearing contact lenses?? Well that would also be good because then you could but some cute dark sunglasses. Just throwing out suggestions, either of the two should make the bright sun no match for you. Good Luck~

BGBS
Rating
I bet you have blue eyes, and that explains it all, blue eyes are sensitve to light, that's just how it is...

blindguardian
I bet you have light colored eyes, probably blue or light green

This happenes to alot of people with light eyes.
It happenes because you iris reflects more light into your pupil, making you more sensitive to brightness

get some shades
thats your best bet

Whitnaaayy
Rating
might be astigmatism.
i've got it and it makes my eyes sensitive to other cars headlights.not too much you can do about it but cope.

mangofish72
You should really go to the optometrist/gp/opthalmologist. Having a low tolerance to light (or photophobia) can be a sign of corneal damage, foreign bodies in the eye or even something more malign. Some drugs cause it, but if they were prescribed for you, you should have been told about side effects. Other than that, I don't know. Get it checked out by a professional. Good luck with getting it resolved. I have corneal damage and know what you mean. I get by with polarised lens glasses.

lady
I have baby blues and I feel your pain..the worst days for me are the bright overcast! Sorry there is nothing else to do but what you are doing

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy