Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

What does a "twitch" feeling in your eye mean?
I have had this twitching feeling or I guess somewhat like a muscle spasm on the top of my left eye for a week or so now. It does not hurt at all and it comes and goes....just really annoys me. I ...

What dose it mean when your right eye twitches?

My mother has one green eye and one blue eye has anyone ever heard of this before and what causes it?

Additional Details
I see this has just been put up before
soz.

My sister has the blue eyes and I ended up with the green....

What is the problem?
I'm 50 yrs old and have bloodshot eyes constantly. I started having this problem when I was about 12. The veins are always there. No matter how much sleep I get. I use visine everyday but it ...

Are my glasses supposed to be so blurry on the sides?
I just got new glasses and have been wearing them for 3 days now. When I first put them on, I had trouble adjusting to them. I couldn't see that well. I normally use contacts. But, I don'...

Would anythign bad happen if i slept with contacts for 1 night only?
or would i go blind?
Additional Details
what if u keep them in all night but you dont sleep that night?...

Its a hard question to answer but......how do you know if you need glasses?
i told my friends and parents that i thought i had eye problems but my parents said "of course you dont" and wont take me to an optition, however my friends think i am and think i should ...

How can I make myself need glasses?
Ok, so I really want to have contacts, but i need an exam to get them. The exam is wayyy out of my moms budget and our insurance wont cover it. They cover the full cost of contacts and glasses for ...

I see black spots if out in the sun?
They dance in my vision and are very hard to ignore. They actually won't go away until I go inside and will get worse to the point where it's scary!

Anyone else?
Additional ...

My glasses give me a headache!!!?
I recently got a new pair of glasses. My eyes have caused me trouble this year - an infection that won't clear up (now on another prescription of 3 types of eyedrops) causing constantly watering ...

Can opening your eyes under water damage your eyes?

Ahh! i got an eyelash in my eye and i cant get it out and it hurts! what do i do?

Can I lost my vision if I use contacts?

Do you like my glasses?
They sure are slick!!!...

Contact lens in the toilet!?
I have dropped 1 of my contact lenses down the toilet, it landed in the pan but not in the water..my question is with the normal cleaning procedure would the lens be ok to wear or should it be ...

The eye in the back of my head isn't working propertly, what could be wrong with it?
I only see lots of dark tiny strips. In real life I am brunette and have long hair, should I cut it?...

Is it ok to wear contact lenses to the beach?
What about swimming in a pool? What would the water do to my eyes or the contacts?...

How long should I wear my new contacts?
Got them Saturday, and I wore them about 7 hrs. I think that was too much. I know you're supposed to wear them a few hours at a time when you first get them. Maybe 5 hrs a day?...

When you put glasses on for the first time, were you surprised at the improvement in your vision?
A recent eye test reminded me of my first experience with glasses 30 years ago. I had put off having an eye test for about ten years although I had noticed that I was quite badly short sighted in my ...

What do you do when your eyes begin burning?
My niece is trying to go to sleep, but everytime her eyes close they start burning. Do you think it might be because she's been swimming a lot lately? If not, what is it? And more importantly, ...

Jennifer
What to expect getting my eyes dilated?
I'm going in for an eye exam tomorrow, and it's possible that they may want to dilate my eyes. I've never had it done before, so I'm not sure what to expect. What does it feel like, what will things look like, how long will it take to wear off, etc.? Also, I've heard tell of some people who've gotten sick or fainted from eye dilation drops...how common is this, and what are the risk factors for it happening?

Also, second question - I woke up in the middle of the night about a week ago (I sleep with my lights on, btw) and looked in the mirror for a moment, and my eyes were COMPLETELY dilated. I've never seen this happen before from waking up. Went near the light, and it took almost 10 minutes before they went small again. I've also heard of the pupils dilating when you die. Does this mean that I may have very almost nearly died that night?
Additional Details
Added note for high diver: No, it wasn't difficult to see when I woke up with the dilated pupils, that's the strangest thing! I remember being able to see pretty much as normally as I ever do. It hurt my head when I turned towards the light fixture in my room to see if they'd go back small from being in the light (which they didn't, but I went back to sleep and woke up with them looking normal).

Pono
yah

RoVale
Rating
The worst effects I have felt were a super sensitivity to light and decreased depth perception. Fortunately, the effects are temporary and will wear off in a few hours.

kyle6677
Rating
i doubt you almost died. your eyes dilate when you sleep because they are closed and its dark when you sleep. As for the fainting, i doubt its common because if it was they wouldnt do it so often. it doesnt feel uncomfortable or anything, it just makes your eyes really sensitive to light so they usually give you these cheap lil sunglasses and after a hour or two they go back to normal

mlgable
Rating
No you did not almost die. Also when they dilate your eyes you don't feel anything. It is eye drops in your eye and unless you have a reaction to the drops you don't feel anything. They give you sun glasses to wear until your eys are back to normal.

Megan
Rating
Relax! It's not a big deal at all. It really doesn't feel that different when I get my eyes dilated, just a little puffy as a whole. The dilation usually last a few hours for me, so make sure you bring some sunglasses with you, unless you wanna drive home with the unattractive "granny" pair they hand you on the way out.

Martina Franklin
Rating
It really isn't that bad at all. I've had it done numerous times. It really is more mind over matter. They usually put two drops in..the first one will "numb" your eye. The second one will dilate your eye. Things don't really look that different, however you will be very sensitive to light. It takes around 4 hours to wear off. I really don't think that there is very much risk of people getting sick or fainting. It is in the long run a better idea to just get the dilation done. They can check for long term, permanent problems. It really isn't an inconvenience to you.

Make sure you bring sunglasses with you!

private
Rating
I had mine done when I got new glasses 2 months ago. They just put drops in your eyes. It helps them to see if there's any retinal problems they need to know about. It doesn't hurt and it wears off in approx.20 min. Ya usually wear sunglases home. No big deal

snowrider336
i have never heard of getting sick or fainting...possible allergic reaction maybe tho. things will get blurry and they will feel heavy and goopy, maybe even numbish...don't feel worried to tell ur optometrist u are nervous, he/she will explain things to u. do some research online also if it will make u feel more comforatable

yes 10 mins seems a bit long for that...talk to ur optometrist tomorrow about it.

‚ô•‚ô•Nick J is off the chain‚ô•‚ô•
its different for everybody. for me light didnt bother me and the only thing that was different was i couldnt see small writing up close. may be different for you thuogh. just make sure youve got somebody to drive you just incase you cant see well. also, i dont see how eyes being dialted has a thing to do with you almost dying, but i dont know.

Neomaxizoomedweebie
You have to wear shade when you get your eyes dilated, cuz the light is too much for you to see clearly. I would have someone drive me home, cuz it's really hard to drive like that.

Was it hard to see when you woke up with dilated pupils?

Strainz
Rating
1 - acually, its just a drop of water they put into your eye pretty much, it makes you sensative to light for ~4 hours, and you should probably bring sunglasses for after the appointment.

2 - I dont know much how to answer this but im guessing you might have just opened your eyes when you were sleeping (its natural to just do this once in a while) And when you woke up your eyes were dialated from direct light and lack of blinking?

impurrfect10
Oh hun you wasn't closed to dying. When you woke up you was probably scared and u exhibited the fight or flight response. That makes your pupils dilate.
It is very uncommon to get sick when your eyes are dilated. You will receive a drop or 2 of drops to make your eyes dilate so the Dr can examine your eyes. It does NOT hurt. It blurs your vision for several hours.
The color of your eyes determines how long your eyes will stay dilated. The lighter your eyes the longer it takes for your eyes to return to normal. Blue eyes people are the worst.
GL with your exam

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy