Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Putting contacts in my eyes?
just tried contacts and the opticians was quite impatient making comments about how i was the third person in his 10yr career who couldn't do it straightaway, obviously this made me feel worse,i ...

I want galsses but my eyes are fine. What should I get perscuption for?
My eyes are fine, I just look good in glasses. I want to were them. I need to know what to ask for. Like the linse. I want ones that dont really make a diferance.

sorry for the mis ...

My dad has been having really bad eye redness in both eyes and they are both very puffy?
he hasnt been to the doctors yet, what could this be?...

What am I seeing?
When I blink, alot of the time I will se black dots and sometimes I see these like, see-through wormlike things, They look like worms and some are ssquiggly and have light lines in them. What in the ...

What color are my eyes? i'm so confused.?
http://i30.photobucket.c
on the right :]

http://i30.photobucket.c

Why does my eye sometimes have a twitch?

Why does my right eye look slightly smaller than the other??

I've got a bubble under my eye, what the heck is it?!?
It's like a little sac just sitting there on the skin directly under my left eye. Does anybody know what it could be? I always rub my eyes so maybe that has something to do with it....

My 15 year ol daughter has been told she needs glasses to wear full time. Any tips to help her with this?

I just got glasses. What will others think?
I just got them, and i don't mind them. I think they are pretty cute but I'm just afraid of what my friends and family will say. Will they be shocked because even though ive had trouble ...

I noticed that my husband has the white part of his eyes, like dirty yellowish, Is that a bad sign?

Is my eye color rare?
my eyes are a blue ish color. with green more towards the middle, and specks of brown with the green. but blue is more than any other color.
alot of people say i have beautiful eyes, but i like ...

Does anyone feel better when they have there glasses on?
I do....

It hurts if i blink when i have my contacts on...Whats wrong?
Its only my left eye. It feels as if there is something (inside) the eye lids. Its only when i have my contact on my left eye. my right is perfectly fine. Ive had contacts for about 3 weeks now. It ...

Do I need glasses?
I am 13 and I sometimes have trouble seaing the board, I also have headaches on and off. I sqint alot and rub my eys all the time. I also move my head close to stuff a lott....

Is it true that some people's eye colour changes when they are experiencing strong emotions?

Is it okay to wear contacts if you have allergies ?
okay, so I have really dark brown eyes, the closest shade to black most likely. And I would like to get colored contacts to brighthen them up a little. However, I have allergies generally to pollen ...

How long can you keep your eyes open without blinking?

What kind of foods can i eat for better eye site?

Do i have pink eye what does it look like?
my eyes r all red they burn and r itchy and they keep getting goopie and i feel like crying they hurt so bad ps i am 14...

bride2be
What is this annoying thing i'm seeing?
Just a couple months, I noticed that sometimes i can see lil thing floating around in my vision. It's very tiny looks like lint but it's not. I'm on the computer a lot so I don't know if thats the reason why my eyes are getting messed up. Not too long ago i've seen an optometrist for my an eye exam but she didn't mentioned anything about my eyes. Only prescribed me glasses . So if I have eye cancer, the optometrist would be able to tell me right? I only see this lil thing in my vision when I'm looking at something bright such as computer screen on a white background or in the sunlight. Is this age-related? I am only 23 and am a female.

anima0153
ciao sono italiano e vorrei dire che voi spagnoli siete degli stronzi xche uccidete i tori

dawn666annapolis
it's called blood pressure...look it up.

Grumpy Old Man
All of your answer are completely wrong. I doubt that at your age that you have v. high blood pressure! You are experiencing something called entoptic phenomena. At Any time there are lots of cells, lipids and debris floating about in the tear film that protects and nourishes the cornea. Typically you will notice these in bright light. Now they may look a bit scary but this is because your brain projects these images into space. So what is a tiny lipid ect looks big. Ever thought why we se things outside of ourselves? Floaters are caused by small bleeds inside the eye. the vitreous humor. They are black, do not move when your eye moves, and are caused by trauma, high blood pressure, or diabetes. If you were about seventy this might be the case. Brain tumour? No chance, totally different symptoms. Phil FBDO

bitsonews
Rating
My eye doctor calls them "floaties" and they are not cancerous. It's degenerative but not dangerous. It happens very slowly and will continue until you get old. Most people have them. You might want to rest your eyes now and then if you are on the computer a lot and take a multivitamin. Tell your eye doctor about your 'spots" next time you go. They can tell you more.

groundhog
It sounds like you have what is called floaters. Surprising that you Dr. didn't see them. I would call him for a return visit
Good luck

J c
I believe it is called a vitreous floater. Might want to mention it to your eye doc...

kja63
Rating
It is most likely a "floater." Yes, very scientific name for it, but that's what it is. As we age, we get them naturally. Over time, our eyes actually adjust to them and we see them less. They're still there, but our eyes compensate for them.

Now, with that said, you're a bit young. So I would suggest you make an appointment with your eye doctor to have it checked out.

Scotty Doesnt Know
Rating
I have the same thing. It's caused by a slight scratch on your cornea. It's nothing to be worried about, but you'll probably not be able to get rid of it. I see it when I stare at a lightbulb or some other bright source. It kind of looks like a cell might look under a microscope or something like that.

My optometrist says there's not much that can be done about it, but that it's nothing to worry about either.

Hope that helps.

Shannon A
something like that is usually referred to as a floater (pretty good name, huh?) and they are often nothing to worry about, but can solmetimes be a sign of a serious problem.. you should get in to see the optometrist ASAP to rule out any serious problems.. They shouldn't charge as much as a full eye exam, and it should be billable as a medical appointment if you have medical insurance.

ebayphilanthropy
Your answer lies in your amount of answers on Yahoo! Answers! Almost 8,000 answers since Feb, 2007??? heh

J/k, that's great actually. As to your floater... hmmm, sounds very normal, and lots of people have them, who don't have any sort of 'eye cancer'. Can't hurt to call your eye doctor, or your primary for a consult regarding the floater in particular.

Good luck!

Lincoln6
Rating
Nothing to be alarmed about. They are called, "floaters". They are actually tiny fragments of your retina that have fallen off an now sit in your eye fluid. Every once in a while they get stirred up and one floats by. It's quite common.

Greywolf
Rating
Pieces of tissue or congealed blood can float around in your eyeball (ocular fluid) and get between your pupil and your retina - some people call them floaters and that is what you see.

Sometimes they dissolve and are reabsorbed by the body (likely at your age).

One isn't that big of a deal. If you start to notice the number increasing, talk to your doctor immediately and if you're worried about it, call your optometrist back, tell her about the floater and see what she says.

Mark B
You have a "floater" (that's actually the medical term). While generally harmless, you should let your doctor know.

Baby girl Due 1/25/09
Rating
Don't start thinking it's cancer because more than likely they are what are called "floaters". You can look it up online and your doctor would not have been able to see that you have them. They're actually said to be heridary. But call your doc and ask what you can do for them. I don't think much, you sometimes just have to get used to it, though I know for some people they get them because of allergies.

Do some research and don't worry about the worst. Floaters are actually very common.

Amanda D
Rating
everyone has little floaters in thhier eyes. they are usually on the side and not bothersome. if it is bothering you should call the eye dr. because there could be something else wrong with your eyes.

sophie s
Don't panic. I had the same thing, something like a little black spot floating across your vision. My optometrist told me it was a natural thing. But if you start to see flashing bright light there you should consult your doc. It is a more serious illness.
Good luck!

searching_please
Rating
Sounds like floaters. They are pretty common.

See this link for more (and to see a picture of them):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floaters

Good luck! :)

Beautiful Chaos
People sometimes have what is called "floaters" in their eyes. It's just like junk that breaks off from the inside of your eye and floats around inside your eye. There is nothing that can really be done about it. It also doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your eyes.

It will just just look like dust and that's it.

mickey g
i get them too. but i like to play with mine, like i'll try to look at it, and it moves, like out of my vision. lol

one day i'll see that little bugger!!! i'm seeing one right now.

K/M
Sounds like a floater...no big deal, just annoying...I have tons...

Pumken
They're called floaters. I am attaching a website that will explain it pretty well. Generally, it's just annoying and nothing to worry about. I've got them too.

linkstar
Rating
I'm not sure what it is. I see the same things and I have since I was younger. I'm 23 now and I still see them. I think they are the reflection of your veins on your eyeballs if that makes any sense. I do not wear glasses and I never have. I went to the optometrist for the same thing when I was nine and they said nothing was wrong so it's probably isn't cancer or age related.

kmatriano
Rating
if they are lil doths that floats as u move ur eyes they're called floaters and they're normal for shortsighted people. I have them as well and before I had just 1 on my left eye and now I have 1 really transpoarent on my right but I noticed the left one more. If they don't cause u pain or loss of complete vision or if there's no curtain like that covers ur vision and makes u unable to see wat u are looking then u shud be fine. However, if ur floater increase after a couple of days and completely blurred ur vision then u shud get it checked.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy