Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Stick hit eye,burst blood vessel- do i need to see an eye doctor?
Stick hit my eye in white part and now its red and looks like a blood vessel may have popped , since its red directly at the point of impact.

*it does NOT hurt , so thats why i am ...

If you could choose your eye color, what would it be?
Title asks it all
Additional Details
Cute responses guys and gals. Thanks!...

What are the dangers of leaving in contact lenses too long?
I have Acuve contact lenses that are recommended to be changed once every two weeks and taken out each night before going to bed.

However, I've had my contacts in for at least four ...

Glasses but i dnt Wnna wear them!?
im 13 and my eyes r pretty bad ive been wearing contacts for the first time this week and im used 2 thEm but from monday ill hav to start wearing GLasses. i dont really want to coz i'll look ...

I don't want to wear glasses but I just got told I need to. Help?
I got told that I need glasses yesterday. I really don't want to wear them and I know contacts are available so nobody say that as an alternative. The fact of it is- I've never noticed a ...

I'm 17 and want contact lenses, I've been wearing glasses for about 3 years. Do contacts hurt?...?
Will the contact lenses make my eyesight even worse in the long run, can you tell that you are wearing them? do they hurt? and how easy is it to put them in and take them out?

Thanks for ...

How come my daughter was born with one blue eye and one brown eye, both me and her dad has blue eyes .?

Is it safe to put disposable contacts in water?
I juss bought diposable freshlook contacts that last about up to a month and i don't know where to buy cleaners i put the contacts in the same pack with the water thing in it to when i was done ...

Why is it when i look at my computer screen too long my eyes start aching?
mmm im in pain!...

Did my contacts scratch my eye or do I have pink eye?
First off, I was running low on contact solution--so me being a genius decided to leave my contacts in for two whole days and two whole nights. By the third morning both eyes hurt, very badly. So I ...

How can i make my eyes look whiter?

Do you put your tears...?
in a glass and save them then after awhile (when it's full) Do you drink them?...

I have like a cloud on my eye it seems to move around, i know its not a catarat..but what is it?
im a afraid i could go bling cuzz of this. i really dont now if its dangerous or anything has this ever happended to you???...

What are some warning signs that you may need glasses?
I have an eye exam coming up on the 20th. I think I may need glasses but I was not sure what the warning signs are. Lately I have been having...

frequent headaches
blurred vision ...

What is your favorite eye color?
what is so chill about colored eyes?
I have green eyes but why do so many people like color?

I personally like black eyes cause when you stare at them you just kinda fall into their ...

What color??
what eye color would you say i should get if im milk chocalte skin and has black hair

What happens when you get dried glue in your eyes?
When I was little (3 or 4), I remember that I had these little pieces of dried Elmer's glue, and somehow I wanted to pretend they were contacts, so I dropped them into my eye. Now that I think ...

Have to tell my parents I need glasses ASAP, help!?
I've needed glasses for several years, but I've never told anyone.

My mom wants me to take the drivers permit test on Monday, and I know I'll fail the vision test and be ...

Glasses wearers advice please.
Is it normal for your eyes to ache after wearing new first time glasses for the first few times? As I now have to wear them for driving and other concentration tasks as I have slight astigmatism and ...

What about Tabasco in the eye?
My three-year-old got some tobasco in his eye. Besides flushing it with water and putting a little ice pack on it, is there anything else I should be doing?...

thenakats
What is the 'white' part of your eye called?
does anyone know? and if so - why do mine look 'tinted' greyish' undertones? is it lack of sleep? diet? age? (I'm 44)
Additional Details
ok - I had the 'old/blind' comments coming but... I exercise, eat right, just had an exam, guess it could be the sleep deprivation..

bostaanbaba
I have no idea

..::Truth::..
pupil

DaNcE 4 LiFe
your eye

sooners83
It is call the ball - Eye (is the black dot and the color) and the white part is the ball - from eye ball.

Max
No it is definately not the sclera. The sclera is the "protection layer" of the eye. I don't know if there is a word for the "white part" in the eye in the english language. But in German it's called Augenweiß. (Sclera is called Sklera in German, and int the colloquial language Lederhaut - so it cannot be called sclera)

LadyDreamon
Rating
It's called the Sclera, and I think it's probably lack of sleep, maybe age, and possibly just genetic tendency

donald236
Rating
im not a 100% sure but i belive its called the cornia

and as far as it being tinted that come from lack of poor diet and sleep

i hope this helps

Dr. Lange
Rating
It's starts with a C I think...

♥ A.H && S.E ♥
Rating
The cornea, I think.

qwertyu
Hi,

The white part of the eye is called the sclera.

Have their always been grey patches? If it is changing i would definetly ask an optician.

There could be a number of reasons, race, short sightedness, age, diseases etc if you consult your optician they could give you an answer.

BABAK
Rating
check this

Harridan 01
Rating
The "medical" or official name for it is the sclera. The colored part is the iris. There are so many reasons that the sclera can appear "off" it's hard to say... have you had an eye exam lately?

Rating
sclera

E-vangelist
Rating
sclera is the correct answer. Grey coloring can be caused by irritation and is usually nothing major. If you have a family history of melanoma you may want to have a Dr. check it.

j

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy