Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

I see streaks of white light in my left eye?
kk wel this is like the 6 time happening in 1 year. i was at school (im 13) and all of the sudden i see little white moving lights in my left eye (its like a sawrm of insects) but it goes away in ...

Can i get lasik eye surgery if im 12 about 2 b 13?
i will b 13 on september 5th....

Glasses vs contacts?
I have astigmatism and slight nearsightdness. I have both glasses and contacts, but was wondering why I see better through my glasses. With my contacts, it sometimes is blurry especially up close, ...

Do you wear glasses?

Glasses or contacs?
which is more expensive: prescription glasses or ...

Putting contacts in my eyes?
just tried contacts and the opticians was quite impatient making comments about how i was the third person in his 10yr career who couldn't do it straightaway, obviously this made me feel worse,i ...

I want galsses but my eyes are fine. What should I get perscuption for?
My eyes are fine, I just look good in glasses. I want to were them. I need to know what to ask for. Like the linse. I want ones that dont really make a diferance.

sorry for the mis ...

My dad has been having really bad eye redness in both eyes and they are both very puffy?
he hasnt been to the doctors yet, what could this be?...

What am I seeing?
When I blink, alot of the time I will se black dots and sometimes I see these like, see-through wormlike things, They look like worms and some are ssquiggly and have light lines in them. What in the ...

What color are my eyes? i'm so confused.?
http://i30.photobucket.c
on the right :]

http://i30.photobucket.c

Why does my eye sometimes have a twitch?

Why does my right eye look slightly smaller than the other??

I've got a bubble under my eye, what the heck is it?!?
It's like a little sac just sitting there on the skin directly under my left eye. Does anybody know what it could be? I always rub my eyes so maybe that has something to do with it....

My 15 year ol daughter has been told she needs glasses to wear full time. Any tips to help her with this?

I just got glasses. What will others think?
I just got them, and i don't mind them. I think they are pretty cute but I'm just afraid of what my friends and family will say. Will they be shocked because even though ive had trouble ...

I noticed that my husband has the white part of his eyes, like dirty yellowish, Is that a bad sign?

Is my eye color rare?
my eyes are a blue ish color. with green more towards the middle, and specks of brown with the green. but blue is more than any other color.
alot of people say i have beautiful eyes, but i like ...

Does anyone feel better when they have there glasses on?
I do....

It hurts if i blink when i have my contacts on...Whats wrong?
Its only my left eye. It feels as if there is something (inside) the eye lids. Its only when i have my contact on my left eye. my right is perfectly fine. Ive had contacts for about 3 weeks now. It ...

Do I need glasses?
I am 13 and I sometimes have trouble seaing the board, I also have headaches on and off. I sqint alot and rub my eys all the time. I also move my head close to stuff a lott....

Medi P
What happens when you close your eyes too long while wearing contacts?
I started wearing contacts about a month ago. I know that you're not supposed to sleep with them on, but what really happens? Do they roll into the back of your head? Because that is my biggest fear right now. Also, sometimes on road trips, I fall asleep for about an hour in the car. Will something bad happen to my eyes if I'm wearing contacts that day? All answers are appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Princess Stephie is here to help
Rating
You can loose them and they can go to the back of your eye sockets and cause some serious problems. If they get stuck in your eyes and you can't find them, them staying in there too long can cause a serious infection which can cause ou to lose your sight. If this ever happens you must call your doctor immediately and see him or just go to the ER to have them take it out!

someon
You fall asleep?

♥Mamushka♥
Rating
Your not suppose to but I do it sometimes... Yeah they can roll to the back but that's very rare.. If they do it will roll its way down your eye! And no nothing will happen to your eyes, the Doc. doesn't want you to sleep in them because you wont get enought oxygen into your eyes.

Maybe you should try the day and night contacts you can sleep with them and wear them all day w/ out having to take them out!

west side fool!!!!
nothing happens i wear contacts and i forget to take them out and i sleep with them in. so it is not a big deal unless you wear hard contacts then i am not sure.

Michelle
Rating
Make sure you use your re-wetting drops 3 to 4 times a day this will help keep you eyes from getting dry and sticky feeling.They will not roll in the back of your head if you fall asleep with them in your eyes. Contacts just get dry when you sleep if their not extended wear contacts try not to sleep in them if possible...

Mat
Rating
What eventually happens if you don't have contacts that are made for 24/7 wear, is the contacts will more or less meld with your upper eyelid. It's very very painful and a doctor would have take it out for you. And there is also the potential for long term vision problems as a result. So save yourself the doctor visit and get the 24/7 kind or change them according to the type

vi3tangel
I've fallen asleep with my contacts on sometimes and nothing really happened to me. I'm not sure if it depends on the person, but I guess you shouldn't make a habit of it.

Ms. Tee
there are some that are extended wear that u can keep on but nothing will happe if u fall asleep i them, although when fallin asleep and your eyes are closed u do know that whenever u close your eyes yiur eyes go up and the contacts are temporarily attached so they go to... i wouldnt recommend just sleeping in them because they do tend to dry up and be uncomfortable. but just fallin asleep for about a hour in he car is very harmless for them

Alden S
Rating
Well it kind of depends on what kind of contacts you have. If you sleep in them, then they can dry out a little and be foggy, or off center, but if you put drops in them, then they will be fine. and no they cannot roll into the back of your eye and get stuck back there. My friend is not supposed to sleep in hers overnight, but she does, and nothings wrong with her eyes in the morning. She has soft ones. I have weird ones. They are hard in the middle and soft on the outside. I fell asleep on the couch for maybe an hour with them in, and when I woke up everything was blurry. Also, everything had little rings around them. It is possibe with hard ones that for sleeping for a long time with them in, and you wake up, they will be so dried out, that they will just fall out when you blink.

Tricia
Rating
They will get stuck to your eyeballs and it will be difficult to take them out. And you can barely keep your eyes open because your eyes will get so dry. Carry eye drops with you. They will not roll to the back.

princeidoc
they dont "roll back into your head" or "behind your eye". thats a myth.

sleeping in contacts...

over the short term it exponentially increases the chance for corneal infection/inflammation by reducing oxygen flow to the cornea and holding static tears on your eye for lengthy periods

over the long term it causes corneal neovascularization and corneal limbal stem cell dysfunction. its bad for you.

your contacts or eyes "getting dry" overnight when you sleep in them is the least of your worries...

saveit
Rating
they don't roll back into your head. they get really dry and stick to your eye but you'll be able to get them out. you are okay to sleep every once in a while in them. if you sleep like every night in them you will get a corneal ulcer or corneal scratch. your eye will get red and you won't be able to wear contacts until you finish your medicine and heal. the same thing also happens if you wear your lenses longer than you are supposed to. like if you are supposed to start a new pair every 2 weeks and you wear the same ones for 2 months.

melmelpoohbear
Rating
Well, they can get stuck or cause an irritation in the eye. It's ok to wear them on roadtrips, but dont get into the habit of wearing them at night on a regular accasion. For more information, ask your eyedoctor about it.

DENISE
Hi,
i wouldn't wear them at night or when you go to sleep
your eyes needs the rest from them
trust me i wear them to and they just feel better to have them out when i sleep

Mike J
Depends on your contacts, but mostly on you. If you aren't used to your contacts, don't even try it. They'll dry out, or can move to another part of your eye. It's painful. When they are on your eye while you are asleep, they dry out way too much.

I wonder if you even read this, or if your eyes are too dry and are stuck shut. I hope you're okay.

Melissa
Rating
People will tell you different things. I've been wearing contacts for about 10 years. You can sleep with them in, they are not going to roll to the back of your head. The worse thing that "may" happen is that they get dried out, and you'll have to add drops. Its not a good idea to wear them for a long period of time (more than a day at a time). My eye doctor told me that the extended wear lenses are bad for your eyes. Your contact will start to reshape your eye, your eye becomes deprived of oxygen. You can wear them while you nap, just make sure you put drops in or take them out when you wake up for a minute to let your eyes breathe.

Elektra
I have slept in my contacts once or twice accidentally. When I wake up they are in the same place... but my eyes are really dry and sticky. I don't think they really roll back into your head. Don't worry yourself too much!

greg w
Something bad can happen.

I think a ton of people do sleep in them. I know the risks and I've fallen asleep with them.

You've gotta ask yourself if you're one of the people that are lucky and nothing will happen, or whether you're unlucky and just your luck would be to lose an eye.

you is pretty flyyy
Rating
ive been wearing contacts for a while now. nothing is going to happen to your eyes or contacts if you fall asleep in them. If you ever leave them in at night by accident, dont worry just take them out in the morning and just rinse your eyes. You could get a infection, but not after a night or two or sleeping in them. just besure to chnge your contacts every week or or every other week, and you should be fine.

TracyTracer
Rating
I sleep with them on all the time and I shouldn't. They just get dry and sticky and I need to put eyedrops in a soon as I wake up or I can barely blink. I don't recommend it because I'm sure it's not good for your eyes, but don't worry about it if it happens once in a while.

Swimifishi
Nope, they won't roll back into your head, your eyes won't either. They will just get sort of dried out because when you sleep, your eyes aren't all the way closed. Some contact drops like blink n clean or visine can fix that.
The danger of wearing contacts when you sleep is that as you ender REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, your eyes move around and your contact can rub in your eye causing all sorts of infections, scratches, and ulcers. Contacts can do some nasty things.
If you only fall asleep every now and then in them, it shouldn't be a problem so don't worry about it.

Jodi
Rating
It gets dark and that's it. No seriously, most of the time contacts only "roll around" in your eye if you rub it too hard and the contact looses suction from your eye. Probably your worst problem will be dry eye and a few drops of saline will cure that. Most of the time if a contact does lose suction it will just pop out when you blink. I've worn contacts for 10 years and only once did I have to see my eye doctor because I "lost" a contact. It ripped and got stuck inside my eye lid. It was just because it was a faulty contact and if you look at them before you put them in you'll be able to see any major damage.

☆Sparkle☆
Rating
nope, nothing horrible happens--but you're not supposed to sleep in them cuz there's a slight chance that they may irritate your eyes and screw up your vision,but thats only if you are sleeping with them for like a very long time--like a day or so,
but there have been many instances when i have fallen asleep for like 10-15 mins, and the only thing is that your contacts feel really dry and sticky and well they move around, so it took a while for me to adjust my contacts back to the right place. If you do happen to fall asleep in your contacts, remove your contacts and apply the lens solution to them so they can become moist again. BUT THEY DO NOT ROLL BACK in your eye or w/e, thats impossible cuz of all the nerves and stuff connected to your eye, so dont worry about that.

And dont wear your contacts during road trips so you easily relax and go to sleep for as long as you want,

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy