Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

If you had to go to one Opticians, which one and why?

Opticians got it wrong!!!?
I went to my opticians for an eye test. I was told I needed glasses for reading, tv and computer work. I bought a pair of glasses from their range costing me £130. When they came in I tried them on ...

What is your opinion on laser eye surgery to correct nearsightedness?
I've done my homework on the subject and am going in for a consultation visit, however I'm just curious about others' opinions on the idea and if it worked for you? More importantly, ...

I have something in my eye and can't get it out. What should i do?

Do you have to be prescribed to wear contact lenses?
I wear glasses for a while i want to get rid of them anyways is it possible go to the store and pick up Acueve Contacts and buy them without and prescripiton??

Thanks for your ...

If you have a prosthetic eye, is it possible to have surgery and put another eye so you can see again?
if you have a prosthetic eye, and you've had it for a long time, is still possible to have surgery and use an eye from a donor? is it possible to still get that surgery and have 2 eyes and see?...

How do you improve you vision. Don't say glasses, contaccts or eye-laser surgery.?

What is my eye colour?
Im not sure what it is because of all the different answers. what do you guys think?

http://s65.photobucket.c
C...

Why can't you wear contacts when your sleeping?
-what happens if u do?...

How to improve my eyessight?
I've been wearing glasses for about 2 1/2 years and I can tell my vision deteriorating. I lost my new glasses and I can barely see anything with my old one unless I tilt it in a certain angle. <...

Glasses????
ok, today i got contacts and i have kind of a lazy eye [[i had surgery for it already]] but it NEVER shows, because its in my right eye and i use my left eye more, and so when i put in the contacts, ...

Do I have heterochromia (different colored eyes)?
Recently people have been asking me if my eyes are different colors and I looked in the mirror today and they did look kind of different but I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or ...

EYES AND COMPUTER.... HELP MEEEE!!?
I've always been working on the computer or playing on the computer for long periods of time, but the last week after about 20 min my eye will start burning. it's not both eyes at a time ...

What causes Eye discharge?
So for the last few days I have some kind of eye discharge, if I clean out my eyes with a tissue of my finger stuff comes out. Its white and sticky. I"m also 4 months pregnant, what do you ...

Do you have transistion lenses? (Glasses that turn into sunglasses)?
I am getting new glasses today and am trying to figure out whether I should get transition lenses or not. Transistion lenses get dark according to how much light there is, so you dont have to switch ...

Contacts please help me?
I really want Contacts. I wear glasses and I hate them I really want contacts because I love the way I look without them. I need to find a way to convince my parents that I need them. But my parents ...

Why do we virtually see only black and white and very little colour when outside at night?

Can constantly staring at a computer or TV screen have any negative affects on your eyes?

Does your eyesight weaken when you wear glasses when u play on the computer?

Do cheap reading glasses bought at dollar stores damage your eyes?

Additional Details
The one's that are basically magnifying glasses, as opposed to prescription glasses....

nessa
What happens if you wear your contact lenses too long?
I have the overnight ones that last a couple weeks to a month. I clean them everyonce in a while but I gotta admit i've been wearing them for a LONG time. Over six months or so. Theyre breathable but i know thats still not good enough. What type of damage can I be facing?

Lachesis
Rating
you get a disease, your eyes fall out and you die.

Lauri S
Well, I don't think your eyes will FALL out... but, worst case scenario, you run the risk of losing your vision due to an eye infection. not quite so dire... an eye infection could keep you from wearing contacts at all.
Best thing is to wise up and care for your eyes and contacts properly.

Johnny
Extended wear contact lenses are good cause theyre really comfortable and its practical, but if you dont clean it every now and then, bacteria develops which causes a lot of problems....like pinkeye

doglover
Those are intended to be worn for one month straight without taking them out. You can take them out every night if you wish. Some people only wear them during the day.
But DO NOT wear them for 6 months! You could get an ulcer in your eye. This is very serious.

mona m
Rating
contact lenses on long run cause corneal aberrations
and if u were wearing them now for long time and happy by this ,,, many years later ur eyes wont tolerate these contacts even for one hour....

ღ jeannie ღ
Rating
Besides the risk of infection, you can also cause severe damage to your cornea, which will in turn affect your vision. You really should try to change them more often. The damage is usually reparable, but the process is a hassle, not to mention costly.

4xsamommie
Rating
I 've gotten an eye infection from leaving them in to long.

i love my garden
Rating
Infection in your eye for one.

ILoveMySon!
Well firstly you should only be wearing your contact lenses as recommended by your doctor! I'm pretty sure your doctor would not approve at all of you wearing your lenses like this... this is why many doctors are hesitant to prescribe extended wear lenses. Many people think since they are extended wear them only have to take them once in a blue moon and they do not have to replace them because they seem fine!
The longer you wear lenses the more deposits build up on the contact lenses impeding oxygen transmission. Oxygen transmission is critical for your cornea's health!!!! Depriving your cornea of oxygen will cause hypoxia which can result in damage and problems like a corneal ulcer, corneal infiltrate, infection, corneal neovascularization, corneal edema and GPC...just to name a few! Most of these complications are very serious and can result in inability to wear contact lenses and even LOSS of vision.
When you go for your next eye exam your doctor will see evidence of how you are wearing your contacts because it is very likely damage has already occurred without you even realizing it. Please give your eyes a break and take out your contacts more frequently and replace them while you are at it! I would strongly advise you to talk to your eye doctor about proper wear of contact lenses and the consequences if not worn properly.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, April 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy