Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

I had a load of hay delivered today and now my eyes are sooo itchy. I need relief NOW!! Any suggestions?
I take Zyrtec every night before bed. I have taken two Benadryl tonight, as well as a Claritin on top of the Zyrtec. I've been using eyedrops specifically for allergic eyes all day. I still ...

Eyedrops or medicine to improve eyesight???
Hi mates,

Is there any eyedrops or medicine to improve out eyesight apart from wearing glasses or having laser surgery???...

Should I bother getting glasses with this prescription?
I am 20 years old and I just got my first eye exam ever. Here is my prescription:
OD: Sphere: -0.25 Cylinder: -0.75 Axis: 153
I'm not ...

Will swimming without goggles damage my eyes in the long run? My vision blurs the next day,.?

Laser eye surgery?
i am pretty much blind (with a prescription of -6 in both eyes)without my glasses and cannot wear contacts for a number of reasons. i was told i was a perfect candidate for lasix...can anyone tell ...

I have bad eyesight.....I know this is common but is there a way for them to go back to normal??
I don't really understand how it works.....like what's wrong with the eye? Is there another possible way to fix it besides laser eye surgery or contacts? I'm sick of my glassed and I ...

Can anyone help me with this problem who has contacts?
I noticed today that the veins in my eye were really red. My teacher said it could be pinkeye but i don't think it is because i just recently got contacts. My mom said it probably had something ...

I tried contact lenses a few years ago, but could not when it came to putting them in?
it was akward and the assistant made another appointment for me but i did not bother going back. Has anyone else had this problem.? Because i would really love to wear contacts....

Color contacts Lenses???
I want to buy color eye contacts lenses and i dont really knwo anything about contacts so fill me in. i dont need glasses i just want them for the color....

Broken Blood Vessels in Both eyes.?
For about 4 days now ive had broken blood vessels in both my eyes but everyday it seems to get worse instead of better. I recently just started exersizing again to get my weight down and went with a ...

Is it alright to wear the wrong sized contact lense?
One of my contact lenses ripped recently, and I don't have any more left. I also won't be able to get new ones until next week, but a friend of mine had a spare one with the same strength. ...

Trouble with contact lenses!?
I am having some trouble with contact lenses. i went to my optician and i wasnt able to put them in. i kept blinking, it was so frustrating! my eyes kept watering, and its hard to hold my eyes open ...

Help for dark circles under my eyes?
I used to wear glasses for 9 years and recently switched to contacts but the dark circles under my eyes are more obvious now.Can anyone help me to lighten them without painting myself with make-up?...

Wut can i do about my "lazy eye"?
The vision in my left eye is 20-10, and the right eye is 20-50.

When I was little, I wore an eyepatch ... and then had an eye operation ... and then I stopped wearing glasses ... but then ...

Why do my contacts get foggy throughout the day?
i wear the disposible kind, so i change them every month.

i put them in at about 6am and they start to get foggy around 2pm. i usually rinse my eyes with my contact solution, and it ...

Vision??????
what can I do to have a better vision or what can i eat can watching let screen like tv and computer make my vision better?...

How many boxes of contact lenses would be for 6 months?
each box has six ...

Can u go blind or loose some vision if?
u get sand in ur eyes? they threw some at me and my left eye is a little blurry..can i lose some vision or go blind?...

Does wearing glasses make your eyes sight get better or just help you to prevent your eyes goes worser?
By the way my eyes sight is 250 =[ is it baddd?...

Do i need to wear eye-glasses?
i can see fine upclose but when i am in school taking notes that are on the board, i still can see good but its a little bit blurry. do i need to go to the doctor or what do i do?...

Kimbree♥
What does this mean.........reading my prescription for glasses?
Sphere Cylinder Axis
OD + 0.25 -1.25 180
OS pl -0.75 174

Andjoua J
Rating
girl i dont real now.

m.wonder
Rating
go to an optomitrist.

Raghavendra R
Very very minimum power defects you have in your eyes, nothing to worry. You have the combination of both short sight and long sight problem , of course you can minimize the power if you wear the spex continuously, all the bets Yours,
VRVRAO

sarell
means that you are not seeing the same as you see on the other side. One side is near perfect and the other not.

Kostagh
Rating
Your eye prescription is actually a table:
OD ( Oculus Dexter in latin) is right eye and OS (Oculus Sinister in latin)is left eye.

Sphere +0.25 - that is the amount of short sightedness. The value of + means you have problems with your close vision while - means long distance vision problems. Your right eye is rather OK. Veeery slight problems with short distance vision (like in reading). Actually, problems are felt from 0.5 up. You probably have no issue with close vision. It is measured in dioptries.
For your left eye you have "pl" meaning PLANO, that is 0 dioptries. So your distance vision is normal on your left eye.
Cylinder - is the value for astigmatism. Astigmatism is a measure for the irregularity of the cornea. A person with cornea irregularities will have a blurred vision. The amount of blur is given by the amount of irregularity of the cornea. You have -1.25 for the RIGHT EYE and -0.75 for the LEFT EYE. That means that you have problems with the sharpness of your vision. You will probably feel it extremely improved with glasses. You will see things clearer, sharper. Your problems are more serious in the Right eye and less serious in your Left eye .
Axis - This will only appear if there is a value for cylinder, as it relates to the cylindrical lens and denotes a reference point that indicates the direction of the power of the cylindrical lens. It will be a number between 1 and 180. It may or may not be written with a degree 'o' symbol after the number. In some prescriptions, the axis value is indicated on a semi- circular scale. This should be read to the nearest 5 degrees.
You also have probably an interpupilar distance. It's noted PD or if you have a pre-printed recipe there is probably a schematics of the glasses. This is marked between the centers of your pupils and will enable the optician to correctly position the lenses in the frame so that they fit the exact distance between your eyes. Sometimes the optometrist or optician measures this distance.

Starby
Rating
It means you wouldn't even need glasses if it weren't for your mild astigmatism.
OD= right eye
OS= left eye

SPHERE: (the 1st numbers): very mild right eye, nothing left eye . . .the pl stands for 'PLANO' which means no power.

CYLINDER: the second numbers. Anyone with astigmatism correction (over 60% of glasses wearers) will have these numbers.

AXIS: the third numbers. Anyone with a cylinder correction needs to have the lens ground at just the right axis(angle) to correct their astigmatism.

The prescription is based on quarters . . .so like, .25, then .50, then .75 . . . and so on. Most eye doctors consider below 3.00 to be moderate correction.

Astigmatism is nothing more than a-not-completely-round cornea. It is very common, although plenty of patients still come in and tell us as if they have been diagnosed with a very special disease, as in "I've even been told I have a stigmatism!"

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy