Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

How to remove contact stuck in eye?
I've been feeling a lot of pressure behind my left eye for about two years...it feels like an object is stuck in there but I've not been able to remove it...I really think it's a ...

Is eye laser surgery safe and effective?
has anyone experienced a long term side effects of the surgery? my eyesight is very poor and i am planning to get the treatment. but i am nervous because i heard a lot of things about it. please help ...

Very dry eyes =(?
Lately my allergies have been acting up, which is causing my eyes to be a little dry. Also the temperature has been hitting almost 100 every day here. So the fans and A/C blowing on me have made my ...

Glasses vs. contacts?
please tell me the pros and cons for each and which is better. i wanna have contacts but i think my mom had a bad experience with contacts so my parents won't allow me....

Eye problem?
evry now and agen......i see a weird blur of colour blocking part of my vision....im not sure that its 2 do wit my eye though, cus its still there wen i close my eyes...what cud it be???
A...

Flashes of Light?
Well, recently I've started seeing random flashes of light that occur throughout the day. I'm not sure as to what this could be, but I'm just wondering if it could be anything serious. ...

Improving my eyesight?
I'm 12 and my eye sight is 175. i've been wearing my glasses since grade 4, any quick ways to improve my vision?...

Help! I just got contacts, but things are still blurry?
I just got contacts about a week ago and my vision is clearer than without them, but sometimes I feel like things are uneven or my vision goes blurry when I blink. I have astigmatism in my right eye, ...

How can i wake myself up at 8?
I get up at 8 on work days,my job starts at 8:30. but i have trouble getting up so early sometimes i cant sleep at night,what do i do??...

Whats the time duration for Freshlook Colorblends monthly lenses?
Ive got a pair of coloured lenses from freshlook, its supposed to be monthly disposable, how long can i use them before throwing them out??...

How do I stop an eye twitch?
My eye has been twitching for the past 2 weeks off and on and it's driving me crazy! What can I do?...

What type of frames are they called?
whats the name of the type of glasses frames that someone cant see the person wearing it from a long distance?

i'm guessing its called rimless frames...is it true?...

Change script or get re-checked?
Its been 3-4 months since i last got my eyesight checked, and at the time i was given a new prescription but i didnt get my glasses changed immediately.

I've now decided i will ...

How do you know if your glasses are too strong for your eyes?

Acuvue oasis??
Im going to change brands on contact lenses right now im using o2 optix and they dry my eyes out and burn alot. I want to switch to acuvue oasis cause they are supposed to help for that. Does anyone ...

Do the Navy pays for LASIK Eye Surgery?
I would like to become a Navy Seal. I know it's hard and demanding but thats parts OK. It's my eyes I am blind as hell and wont to be a Navy Seal. So I was wondering do the Navy pay for the ...

How much is -1.5 power glasses? Is it bad?

Place to donate used reading glasses?
is there a place where you can donate used glasses? a place where they take them to like 3rd world countries where people don't get glasses?...

Is washing ur face with water at night affects ur eyes??

I wear glasses and I think I have astigmatism?
How can I tell on my own if I have it or not?...

Lifeless Energy
What do these numbers mean? (Eyesight)
.... SPH CYL AXIS..
R -3.25 -0.75 110.0
L -3.00 -0.50 65.0

I no im short sighted, but can anyone tell me what each value refers to?

Additional Details
But what is each on actually measuring?!

dj_joe
the quality

garrisonbight
It's the measurement of your eye balls and used for getting glasses to correct your really bad myopia

mmms20
Rating
first number refers to diabtor of lenz to correct your vision second is for correction of stgmatism third is angle of the second

rose1
Rating
You def. need glasses. Mine is around 2.0 each that is what I think is called 20 20 vision!! Your right is weaker than the left eye too

eyegirl
Each number is measuring the amount of power needed to help light focus on the back of your retina. The power needed is influenced by two factors, the shape (curvature) of your cornea (the front surface of your eye) and the length of your eyeball. Nearsightedness (short sighted) can be caused by the eyeball being slightly longer than normal, causing the light to focus in front of the retina, or from the curvature of the cornea, which also causes the light to focus in front. The power of the lenses moves the focal point back to focus the light directly on your retina for a clear image.

Footprintz
Rating
The R is the right eye of course , and the whole line is for that eye.

- 3.25 Sphere is the correction for your myopia ( nearsightedness)
-0.75 CYLinder is a mild correction for astigmatism
110 is the axis...which is just the direction that the -0.75 is applied in your lenses. The axis could be anywhere between 1 and 180 degrees. A higher or lower number on the axis means nothing in terms of better or worse, it is just a direction

Then the same applies for your left eye.

The other numbers are in units of measurement called diopters...1 diopter, 2 diopters...etc

Does that explain it ?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy