Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Tanning and Opened eyes?!?!?!?!?
Ok so I for got to wear my protective eye wear and I had my eyes open for like 2 min and then I was like oh sh*t and quickly grabbed them and put them on what should I do that was like 5 hours ago???...

Dark eye Fixes?
My eyes are very dark due to rubbing from allergies, is there anything I can use to make the darkness dissapear, it's very embarassing, please help....

Must I wear glasses?
The opthamologist told me that my right eye turns a little bit and that i probly should wear glasses. Can i just wear contacts or do visual therapy instead. he didnt notice that i had a turn until i ...

Am I able to wear contacts ever again?
I had been wearing contacts for almost a year, but I didn't take them out for about a month or two. I slept in them. Obviously I got an infection. I noticed when I moved my eye my contact stuck ...

I wear glasses to see far?
how old do u have to bee to get ur eyes fixed
(like laser surgery)...

Why is my left eye sore and red?
had to remove left contact lens today and my eye is continually sore, dry and red. Looks yucky? Any suggestions!...

Contact Lenses?
How often should you change your contact lense solution in your contact case. Everyday? Once a week? Once a month? When it looks really disgusting? It doesn't better? Never? etc.?...

Are contacts worth it. Should I get them.?
I am 13 years old, and me and my parents are deciding wheher or not for me to get contacts.

I hate the look of my glasses, but are contacts even that great of a choice? What are the odds I ...

Opticians: Where is the best place to have your eyes tested?

I'm getting my pupils dilated for the first time?
im 13 and i have no idea what to expect..
What will it be like? will it hurt?
What are they gunna do to me? Should i take my contacts out?

Just wondering what its like~
T...

My eyes don't hurt they just feel exhausted?
Lately I have been spending allot of time on the computer and one of the sides on both of my eyes is a little (just a little) yellow. When I cover my eyes with my hands they feel sooo much better for ...

Has anyone had lasik eye surgery?
Has anybody had any side effects?...

Changing your eye color with with food coloring...?
Is it possible? A while back somebody told me it could work, but I'm seriously doubting it. It sounds highly unlikely. I really want to change the color of my eyes, though, and if it does work ...

Laser eye surgery?
Hi,
I'm thinking of having laser eye surgery as I am short sighted and need glasses for driving and watching t.v. However my near vision is very good. I am aged 43. Will I need reading ...

My eyes. Help me !?
is it normal to have red veins in the white part of your eyeball? I have one red vein in my right eye and its really freaking me out. Im scared and i dont know what to do/
do any of you have ...

Just got my contacts in for the first time, focusing is odd?
I feel proud I just got my contacts in after 10 minutes for my first try. I had been wearing the same glasses for years.

Anyways onto my question I can see fine, except for when I'm ...

My eye sight is getting a little bit worse. is there any thing i can eat besides carrots?

Is there anywhere in Grand Rapids, Mi that I can donate my used eye glasses?
I have 2 pairs of glasses that I'd like to ...

Am I legally blind?
I was born premature and had a retina detachment in my right eye because it didn't develop all the way.

My eyesight with glasses in my left eye is 25/20 and the right eye is nothing. ...

Glasses or contacts or none?

Ugh!!
What could happen to my eyes if I don’t take my contact lens out every day?
I don’t have contact lenses that you can leave in, but I still leave them in without taking them out for up to 3 weeks. It doesn’t bug my eyes at all to leave them in, and I have never had any type of infection from it. Is there any behind the scene damage that I could be doing to my eyes? Why do they say to always take them out every night? I have tried using contacts that you dont have to take out, but they bug my eyes.

→ ♥
Rating
tERRiblE thiNG tO dO.
i CAN GEt StUCk SOMEWhERE ElSE iN yOUR EyESz.
hOPEfUlly NOt thE bACk.
bUt StOP dOiNG thiS.
OR yOU'll hAVE A lESSON lEARNEd =/

tiger
Rating
i used to take them out every nite earlier but now i just take them out 1 or twice a week and still fine.
If you take contacts out every nite, it will wear out your contact more and you have to change them more often (one every 2 or 3 weeks). If you take them out 1 or twice a week, you can change your contact every 4 weeks or more so.

The XYZ Affair
Infection or it could get loose and go elsewhere in the eye.

Alfred
Rating
The eyes will be dry and the eye health will be reduced. redness shows that oxygen is not enough.

VicariousJade
Corneal Ulcer...I had one and I never leave mine in. It comes on really fast (hours) and you might need surgery or go blind. Your eyesight is not something you should abuse, there is a reason they tell you to take them out. Doctors even warn against the ones that are "approved" for overnight wear. Just take them out, it takes a minute at the most. Small price to pay for your vision.

nadia ♥ ...xx
lets hope this makes you think twice!!

my cousin had them on and fell asleep when he woke up it was stuck at the corners of his eye!! he had to go A&E asap to take it out!

even if it was allowed to keep it in i would never risk having it in my eyes overnight! i would rather take em out than go blind

chasvanblom
TAKE THOSE LENSES OUT EVERY NIGHT OR MORE OFTEN!
%Removing contact lenses provides an open airway to the eyeball, which is what the eye needs.
The cornea, lens and retina need fresh air to stay "fresh."

You are starving the eye by leaving your lenses in for more than 10 hours daily.

♥♥ ~* Just Janz *~♥♥ ║│▌│║▌║™
Rating
If you sleep in your contact lenses, you will never wake up blind the next day. However, if you sleep in your contacts over & over repeated overwear of your contact lenses has the potential to lead to blindness.
By overwearing contacts, a lot of bacteria can get trapped in your eye. This can lead to a bacterial corneal ulcer. An ulcer is a little pit caused by rotting tissue. If this occurs on your cornea (the clear part of your eye), it can turn into a hole that goes all the way through your cornea. This is an ocular emergency! Not only will it result in corneal scarring, in some cases it can lead to the loss of the entire eye. If you do get a scar on your cornea, that can cause blindness. Think about a corneal scar as looking through fogged glass. You will still have light perception, but you will not be able to read, recognize faces etc etc.
I would advise you to follow your optometrist's directions for cleaning your contacts and wear time.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy