Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Optical
Health Discussion Forum

Bright green eyes?
My name's Aleisha & i have a really light & bright green coloured eyes & my next door neighbour is teasing me about it. isn't it very common to have full on bright green eyes or ...

Is it Possible to lose your contact lense inside your eye?
My friend asked me this question because he just started to wear contacts....

Glasses or Contact Lenses??
I was just wondering, I wanted to get contact lenses but I have been wearing glasses for over 3 years now and the reason I do that is because I am scared of getting contact lenses in. Now I don'...

Does wearing eye glasses all the time increases grades?
im 17 years of age and im an ear sighted person my grades are 500 each and im wonderig if wearing eyeglasses all the time increases my grades?...

Do contact lenses steam up?
Like glasses steam up when you go near swimming pools

Thanks! :)

POLL: What do you prefer to wear Glasses or eye contacts ???
Thank you....

Are carrots actually good for your eye's ?
is this a myth or is it true ?!...

If you had a eye ?
we all kown we have two eye,s if we was given a other eye where you you put and why?...

Contacts or Glasses?
I have been using glasses for 5 years now. Im starting to think of contacts. Which one do u like better? How long does it take to get contacts (from time u asked for contacts to time u got them) ?<...

What happens when you close your eyes too long while wearing contacts?
I started wearing contacts about a month ago. I know that you're not supposed to sleep with them on, but what really happens? Do they roll into the back of your head? Because that is my biggest ...

What color are your eyes?

At what age did you first need glasses?
Do you like wearing them or do you hate it?
I've needed them for long-sightedness since I was 15, which is 5 years. I don't mind them as mine are really comfy so I forget I've got ...

What eye color do you guys prefer?
Anyone can answer.
Blue-green?
Brow?
Yellow-Green?
Hazel?
Additional Details
mine are blue...with like felcks of yellow and green.what color would you call that?...

Can putting lemon into my eye change color?
well can it.
good answers ...

What is this annoying thing i'm seeing?
Just a couple months, I noticed that sometimes i can see lil thing floating around in my vision. It's very tiny looks like lint but it's not. I'm on the computer a lot so I don't ...

Should I wear my contacts on a airplane??
The flight is 2 hours and 30 min. I know airplanes are dry. I will be flying Jet Blue so does the type of airplane effect the dryness of the air????...

I can't stop blinking my eyes.?
lately, for the past two days, i have been blinking soooo much. Like twice every second. Literally. It feels my eyes are cold, and there is constant blowing. Like its the feeling when you stick your ...

What's This Thing In My Eye?
I get this on and off, just these clear little gelly like things that float through my eye. They don't hurt or anything, I just can't see through them. They move too, I can get them out ...

Favourite Eye Colour?
Whats ur fave eye colour my eyes are a dark hazel green & i luv Bright blue eyes

So whats ur fave eye colour?...

Why is there more than one type of colour for eyes?

s0ftb@ll3r-13
What are the consequences for leaving your contacts in over night?....or over 7 nights?
it is a bad habbit that i need to break but i want to kno what it does to your eyes. i kno it has to do something or else the doctors wouldnt tell you to take them out. but they have never stuck and i usually leave them in for a week or two before i take them out.

flyfish!
They will become one with your eyeballs and you will develop X-ray vision.

Chrissy M
Rating
Oh your fine. I once left my contacts in for over 6 months! Just put wetting drops in your eyes!

deletemebitch
sticky eye balls

Gabriel
Rating
i wear contacts and and i have had these pairs in for about 3 months it does no harm if u have the disposable ones

shannon
Rating
i dunno my friend is suppose to take them out but she leaves them in for like a month. and her eyes have always been fine.

AmyAngelo
Rating
My friend has done that her whole life, she like never takes them out
and never has any problems
I really don't think its a big deal if it doesn't irritate your eyes

xXPrincessXx
My brother is so lazy, he does that all the time. Nothing has happened yet to him. I never do it because I'm too scared that something will happen. I obey doctors better than my own parents hahaha.

Kelsey
I used to do the exact same thing, mostly because it was really hard for me to take them out and put them in! So I told my eye doctor because I was worried that's why my eyes were getting worse, but he said it didn't have to do with that. But what it does is not allow oxygen to get to the eye as well. I'm not sure what that would result in, but I don't think it could be good in the long run. But still, he didn't seem too worried--he just laughed at me a little haha. So now I take them out every night and you will be amazed at how much better your eyes can feel--even if you didn't notice a problem before! They just aren't as dry, and plus it's good to soak them in that solution overnight to clean them. Anything you are putting in your eye I think you want as clean as can be!! :)

St0rm
It is safe to wear your contacts for up to 6 nights in a row. The only consequence is a higher risk for getting infection.

Alfred
The lenses might stick onto ur eye. Thus if really happen that, please put eye drop before removing the lenses. For ur case it will be more recommend to use silicon range that allows the user to wear for over nite that will not result in the lenses stuck on the eyes. Check out with the optical shop asap.

3littlebirds
If I don't change mine every 2-3wks I develop conjuctivitis. Redness, matting, dryness. itchy. Change them more often.

linda
Rating
I heard about this chinese guy in new york or something who left his clear contacts in for a year. He was pretty much blind when he went to the doctor and tried to order a new pair of contacts. LOL They had to be surgically removed because the eyeball attacted itself to the lense.

And eventually you will get an eye infection and they will have to remove your eyeballs or you will go blind or end up with permanent beer goggles.

JK
Rating
Your eyes really need oxygen and the contacts prevent them from breathing as much as they need. So the more time you have them Out the healthier your eyes will be.
And also if you leave them in overnight or longer you will start a build-up that can start growing a fungus that will harm your eye! So just take them out at night , heck you are asleep and don't need to be reading or anything :-) and your eyes will thank you years from now...trust me I have been through all of this when I first started wearing them I would leave them in for a month sometimes and it started to hurt my eyes.So for the last 12 years I take them out nightly. But it is okay to miss a night now and then, just not on a regular basis.
You only have 2 of them so think eye health rather than what's easy

Joseph S.
you could get an eye infection

Ambra
Rating
It's a breeding ground for bacteria. Infections on any part of your body are not pleasant and in your eyes they are even more bothersome. If it's become a habit of yours, it's surprising that you haven't already had an infection.

Smiler
Rating
it depends on whether u wear hard or soft lenses the severity of eye infection u WILL get so stop bein so stupid with the 2 most important things in your face!!!! cos ur knowingly riskin goin blind.

WildRockMan
Unless you are wearing contacts designed to be left in overnight or for an extended period you are risking serious & permanent damage to your eyes and eyesight.

IN A WORST CASE SCENARIO YOU COULD GO BLIND.

If you can't use contact responsibly, you should not be using them.

Just BNme
Rating
It may cause damage to your eyes. I did this back in august..and I left them in for 4 days straight..on the fifth day..my left eye was swollen on the bottom lid...and it stayed that way for 3-4 days. Contacts dry out your eyes...please remember to take them out.

RobotLOVE
Rating
That is the WORST thing to do with your contacts for your eyes.

I accidentally left mine in over night once. But never for 7 nights and not purposely because you are too lazy to take them out!!

WHAT CAN HAPPEN:
1. Dries out your eyes - they become itchy and red.
2. Cause little bumps to form on your eye - like eye pimples which can become sore and infected.
3. Make your vision worse.
4. Permanently scratch your eye meaning YOU CAN NEVER WEAR CONTACTS AGAIN.

WORSE CASE SCENARIO: Your eye could become seriously infected which could mean permanent vision loss. Blindness.

To risk all that just because you don't want to take your contacts out before you sleep? NOT worth it.

Max time to leave them in : 12 Hours.

My parents are doctors.

MS Williams
Rating
I do know a young lady who kept hers in the same way you do. And she woke up one morning with her mouth twisted and drooling at the mouth. It appeared as though she had a stroke. But after all of the care she received. It seemed as though bacteria of some type was in the eyes. And possibly something called Bells palsy was the diagnosis. All which was caused by the contact lens. This was about ten years ago. And she still drool occasionally. And her mouth is slightly twisted. And she live a productive life. I will suggest that you don't keep them in at such long times. Just be safe.

Brownice2005
Hiya,
You are at a great risk of eye infection when you do this.Even if you do have "long wear" lenses it is better for the eye to "breathe" and hence it is very important to take off the lenses,rinse and put it back in the eyes after a brief respite. I have been wearing lenses for over 20 years now and I have found this out after I had a very bad reaction and could not wear my lenses for an extended period of time.Also we women wear eye make up and some of the stuff can get into the eyes and is not at all good if you wear lenses and don't clean them. Take care :)

lvchic_0110
Rating
Very Very Very bad. Your eyes are not getting the oxygen it needs. Don't you feel your eyes being too dry and don't you notice those veins getting irritated? Contact lens also needs cleaning and your just allowing all sorts of dirt and bacteria living there. Change your habit dear.

farfromokay
Rating
your eyes dont get oxygen and vessels in your eyes end up breaking. thats wut happnd 2 me. in fact my friend's eye doc told her she cant wear contacts 4 at least a yr cause 2 many vessels r broken

John N
you are subject to certain eye infections and permanat damage. the eye needs to breath and have air,, the contacts block air and traps dirt and pollution in the eye

darrenmartinez@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Some people wear them all the time but I always take them off. It depends on what kind they are. They may get stuck.

Akin B
It will cause your eyes to get very dry and deprived of air. This leads to a gradual decrease in your eyesight if repeated over time (months and years).

poodles
when u wake up arent ur eyes really dry?? it dries mine out if i even fall asleep w/ them for an hour. i always thought that was the reason. also probably bacteria can cause infection. i wouldnt wear them for a week long if i were you though, unless theyre the type of contacts u can leave in for a while.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, February 3, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy